• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:11:48 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

War of the Lions Tweak v2.52

Started by Tzepish, November 29, 2022, 02:53:23 am

Tzepish

Quote from: ic1025 on December 30, 2022, 08:26:27 pmI'm still early in the game but I wanted to know, were there any changes to everyones favorite Automaton Worker 8? Didn't see any in the changes note

Nope! Looks like I updated his description text for accuracy and moved his Defense Boost ability to be innate to his job instead of just "equipped" in the scene when he joins you.
  • Modding version: WotL
  • Discord username: Tzepish

Tzepish

EDIT: Whoops, double post.

Anyhow, I'm uploading v2.52 tonight!

ic1025

Quick question, are Axes supposed to have 0% parry values? I understand flails not having one so maybe it's because of the way they're coded.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Tzepish

Quote from: ic1025 on January 01, 2023, 02:34:30 amQuick question, are Axes supposed to have 0% parry values? I understand flails not having one so maybe it's because of the way they're coded.

Yeah, Axes have always had zero Parry, and I didn't feel the need to change it. V2.51 increases axe attack power even more compared to swords, and I'd rather balance them that way. The flavor of axes vs swords is axes are "less reliable, but more powerful", and both the 0 Parry and the randomized damage feel like "less reliable" to me.

BTW, v2.52 is now up (see the top of this thread), and your suggestions for enhancing Preach and Praise with the Static Brave/Faith optional patch is in!

ic1025

bossablossom

January 02, 2023, 02:44:02 pm #25 Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 06:20:47 pm by bossablossom
Can anyone help me installing this into Steam Deck please?

Tzepish

Quote from: bossablossom on January 02, 2023, 02:44:02 pmCan anyone help me installing this into Steam Deck please?

I don't have a steam deck, but I imagine you can install PPSSPP on it like any other app? And then sideload your patched ISO (that you patched on a PC)?

tap

works on my steam deck easy enough; very easy to install and use RetroArch
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Serah

I have a quick question. 2.5 mentions updating the multiplayer rewards throughout the campaign but there's no option to play anything solo like in previous modded versions (like Rendezvous), Do we need to just play the Multiplayer with other players to get rewards or just from the general campaign overall?

Tzepish

Quote from: Serah on January 05, 2023, 09:00:23 pmI have a quick question. 2.5 mentions updating the multiplayer rewards throughout the campaign but there's no option to play anything solo like in previous modded versions (like Rendezvous), Do we need to just play the Multiplayer with other players to get rewards or just from the general campaign overall?

The multiplayer missions have _not_ been made single player - it's just that the multiplayer items are now obtainable in the story. They are assigned as quest rewards and treasure hunter items throughout the campaign, starting in chapter 4. Some of them are also pre-assigned to optional characters that can join your party.

I haven't tested multiplayer with my mod, but I imagine it probably still works (as long as both players are running the mod), but it's no longer necessary to get those items :-)

@go

Thank you Tzepish, this is an awesome mod, probably the better one. You put inside this many ideas I had since I first play the game in 1997, it's like you can read my mind...
In my opinion to be perfect the only missing thing is the possibility to order the characters, like in TLW mod.
Thanks again.

mikey

I fired up this mod and watched the pre-menu cutscene thingy and I *still* get chills. Thank you so much for this mod. I am loving it so far!

Dido

Bom dia! Achei o mod muito interessante, gostaria muito de jogar mas, após fundir com o PPF O - Matic numa iso de PS1 ele não abriu, uso o emulador, queria saber se esse mod roda no PS1 e se podes me ajudar?

Tzepish

Quote from: Dido on January 12, 2023, 05:24:59 amBom dia! Achei o mod muito interessante, gostaria muito de jogar mas, após fundir com o PPF O - Matic numa iso de PS1 ele não abriu, uso o emulador, queria saber se esse mod roda no PS1 e se podes me ajudar?

Sorry, I don't speak Portuguese, so you'll have to make do with my English response!
* There is no PS1 version planned at this time.
* This mod is only compatible with the USA version of the PSP ISO. So if you're using a European ISO, the patch is not expected to work.
* This also means that English is the only supported language (sorry!)

jmh349

Hi, I'm brand new to modded FFT but wanted to jump in when a video about this came up in my youtube feed.  I'm trying to apply the patch using PPF-P-Matic but I keep getting this error and have no idea why.  I tried UMDGen as an alternative and that's also not working.  I made the .iso file myself from the original disc and the file runs in PPSSPP.  Can anyone help explain to me what I'm doing wrong?

Tzepish

Is it possible this is the European version of the ISO instead of the USA version? Try running it through a tool like HashCalc and see if these values match:

MD5: 18d1169cefed2d5ed77a599694f2f871
SHA1: 5120ff66f78cfd31f6e90d8ef4be8200eca563f7
CRC32: 0d6a3d9f

^ these are what I get when I check the ISO that I ripped from the USA version UMD (that I made the patches from). They also match the values I got downloading the USA ISO from the internet when investigating this (though maybe there are other dumps floating around out there).

jmh349

Thanks for the response, I ended up just getting an alternative .iso file and that patched successfully.  Still not sure why the version I made myself was being difficult but for now the problem seems to be resolved.
Regardless, thanks for the work on this!

Cactus Tony

Just finished my first playthrough with this mod and I love it. This may be the definitive way to play fft from now on. Thanks for the hard work!

Entis

Are there any changes in the text in this mod compared to the vanilla War of the Lions?

Tzepish

Quote from: Entis on January 28, 2023, 07:48:45 pmAre there any changes in the text in this mod compared to the vanilla War of the Lions?

Yes, only rules text though, not story text. For example, jobs/abilities/items were renamed in cases where the new name made more sense than the old one (for example, "Hunting Bow" became "Hunting Crossbow", because it's a crossbow, not a bow). Description text has also been made more accurate.

In the readme, try looking up "Misc UI text improvements" and "Improved equipment descriptions" for more information.