• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:23:51 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

[PSX] Final Fantasy TLW German Translation

Started by Gogeta, November 22, 2022, 03:15:12 pm

Gogeta

November 22, 2022, 03:15:12 pm Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 08:10:16 am by Gogeta
Final Fantasy Tactics on the PSone was never officially released in Europe, let alone in German.
Worldwide, the game is considered one of the best Tactics RPG's ever developed.

I was already upset when the game was released that it never made it across the big ocean.
In a night and fog action, when I just happened to trigger the FFT quest line in Final Fantasy XIV, it came over me and I looked to see if there was a fan translation available for FFT in the meantime.
Other than an alpha patch, however, there really wasn't much. Still, I didn't have to start from 0 (thank goodness).

This community created such wonderful tools and helped me so much on this course. I really enjoyed it but now it's time to let this little German Bom... I meand birdy fly by it's own. :)

Installation is simple.

1. Download DE_FFT_Translation_Final.7z and unpack
2. Start PPF-O-Matic
3. Select your Vanilla US ISO for ISO File
4. In Patch select my FFT translation patch
5. Finally click Apply and wait until the patch is completely patched over the ISO
6 (Optional) If you have downloaded the optional movie package DE_FFT_Translation_Moviepack.7z you just have to repeat the above steps and click on the Patch button

If you find any weird things and or typos let me know. :)No message is associated with this attachment.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Snickers

December 10, 2022, 01:31:22 pm #1 Last Edit: December 10, 2022, 03:46:13 pm by Snickers
Ich bin gerade bis Act3 und habe vereinzelt etwas gefunden.
In Act 2 soll ich jemanden im Sumpf treffen und Sumpf ist mit Slump übersetzt.
Nicht tragisch....
Wenn ein Angriff nicht klappt, würde ich "vorbei" mit "verfehlt/daneben" übersetzen
Shinobi-Gatana -> Shinobi-Katana
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

cinatic

January 16, 2023, 08:00:01 am #2 Last Edit: January 16, 2023, 08:36:48 am by cinatic
unfortunatly it's not working for me. I get a quite a lot of mixed chars, but the critical thing is that it is stuck before the first fight. I use mednafen emulator 5502 bios, i tried to patch with several US PSX isos with applyppff and also with ppf-o-matic.

what am i doing wrong?

ok it works in other emulators, i just read a comment that mednafen is not auto correcting bad sectors when patching a ISO, after running ECCRegen over the patched ISO it works fine in mednafen too.

thank you very much for this good work!

• Modding version: PSX