• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:39:22 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFTA2 - Signed stats for equipments and other unaswered questions

Started by Emin3ms, July 23, 2023, 04:30:00 pm

Emin3ms

Hey,

I wonder if anyone has tried having items that reduce evasion, speed or any stat. There must be a way to achieve this by changing stats type from unsigned to signed value but I don'y know how, I'm not an expert in binary hacking  :(

Thanks
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Rachid System

Emin3ms

I will add my other questions because after spending days trying to figure out how pointers work in a NDS hack, I'm not really confident about going on.

- It is possible to change the MP gain per turn from 10 to 10% of maximum Mana ?
- How to edit the text for job requirements ? I know the offsets of each job requirement text but not the pointers to it. So it results in pieces of texts that do not match the actual job.
- Is there a way to repoint reaction abilities like Critical: Berserk to another active ability index ?
- How to enabled negative stats for some items ?

My project is quite huge but I'm really not good enough at rom hacking to achieve it unfortunately, hope someone will find answers to those questions. ^^
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Rachid System

Ethereal Embrace

Don't know how to change MP recovery into a percentage, but they discuss how to change it into a different integer than 10 here:
https://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=12414.0

I personally made the choice to let characters start with Max MP and recover 3 MP per turn.
My ideal system would have been starting with 50% Max MP and recover 5 MP per turn but I don't know how to do that.