• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 10:54:05 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

NEW CLASSES!?

Started by trickstardude7, March 27, 2008, 03:50:49 pm

Vanya

August 23, 2008, 07:01:21 pm #60 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Those are pretty good ideas. The Scholar will be the base job for the magic-user side of the job tree.

I have an idea for the MP charging ability. I can use one of the Limit Break slots to make a skill that has kind of bad CT, but when it completes it'll restore some MP to a specific single target.

An MA increasing ability like accumulate is doable.

I think they should also have faith altering abilities, no?

In addition I'm thinking of giving them same basic spells that cause non-elemental damage.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Vanya

August 23, 2008, 07:01:35 pm #61 Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 07:34:28 pm by Vanya
oops...
¯\(°_0)/¯

trickstardude7

August 23, 2008, 07:19:04 pm #62 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by trickstardude7
Quote from: "Vanya"Those are pretty good ideas. The Scholar will be the base job for the magic-user side of the job tree.

I have an idea for the MP charging ability. I can use one of the Limit Break slots to make a skill that has kind of bad CT, but when it completes it'll restore some MP to a specific single target.

In addition I'm thinking of giving them same basic spells that cause non-elemental damage.

i think a scholar would be a cool idea for like uhh o crap i forgot his name but the guy that tells the whole final fantasy tactics story

oh and i think that the scholar should have faith altering skills but what about some special magic attack skills?

Vanya

August 23, 2008, 07:38:00 pm #63 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Quote from: "trickstardude7"
Quote from: "Vanya"Those are pretty good ideas. The Scholar will be the base job for the magic-user side of the job tree.

i think a scholar would be a cool idea for like uhh o crap i forgot his name but the guy that tells the whole final fantasy tactics story

oh and i think that the scholar should have faith altering skills but what about some special magic attack skills?

What I was thinking is giving them a simple damage attack that comes in a variety targeting styles. Like one that works just like a weapon attack, one that hits all sides, one that hits in an area around the caster, one that hits in a straight line, etc...
¯\(°_0)/¯

Kourama

August 24, 2008, 07:08:04 am #64 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama
I was going to say faith altering abilities as well but I wasn't sure if you wanted to do Faith modding. Maybe they can just put Faith and Innocent on enemies or allies?

Vanya

August 24, 2008, 11:43:56 pm #65 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Here's what I have for my Scholar job:

Weapons: Books, Rods, and Staves. (Book will have a chance to cast spells unless I can make a new formula for them.)

Equipment: Hats, Clothes, Shoes, Rings, Bracers, and Mantles.

Skillset: Arcanology (The study of arcane arts)

Charge - Transfer 20 MP from caster to target. Cost 20 MP.
Zealot - +Zeal status. R:3,V:3,E:0. (Zeal=Faith)
Skeptic - +Doubt status. R:3,V:3,E:0. (Doubt=Innocent)
Advocate - Faith +10.  R:3,V:3,E:0.
Contradict - Faith -10.  R:3,V:3,E:0.
Strike Magick - Non-elementl magic dmage. R:1,V:2,E:0. Cost 4 MP.
Ranged Magick - Non-elementl magic dmage. R:3,V:2,E:0. Cost 8 MP.
Zoned Magick - Non-elementl magic dmage. R:0,V:2,E:1. Cost 12 MP.
Linear Magick - Non-elementl magic dmage. R:6,V:2,E:6. Cost 16 MP. Hits targets in a straight line.
Erratic Magick - Non-elementl magic dmage. R:3,V:2,E:1. Cost 20 MP. Random 1-3 hits.

Support:

Academicks = Gained JP - UP. Improved study skills.
Analyticks = Gained Exp - UP. Improved observational skills.

Movement:

Study = Move - JP UP. Study the technicks used by others while walking the battlefield.
Observe = Move - Exp UP. Observe the tacticks used by others while walking the battlefield.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Dormin Jake

August 25, 2008, 01:07:27 am #66 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dormin Jake
Love the scholar, sexy enough to steal.

Bwahaha
We are Dormin. Thou art to bring us a tasty beverage.
  • Discord username: dorminjake

Vanya

August 25, 2008, 11:28:55 am #67 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Good! that's what I want to hear! =)

Do you have any suggestions to improve it, or is too sexy for your thoughts?
¯\(°_0)/¯

Dormin Jake

August 25, 2008, 01:01:14 pm #68 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dormin Jake
It's really quite pretty.  No suggestions, but a question or two:

Regarding the various spells at the Scholar's disposal, do they vary any in damage?  Or is the MP cost tied solely to increasing range and usefulness of the multipaneling while they all do equal damage?

And what vanilla FFT spells are these based off of/take effect files from?

Vanya

August 25, 2008, 01:13:12 pm #69 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
They do, in fact, do minimal damage. And, yes, the MP cost is to reflect usefulness/better range. My idea was that Scholar are studying the very basic of spell-casting. Since Black Mages learn the various elemental properties I figured it would make sense for them to have learned ranges as Scholars.

I haven't decided what effect files to use yet, but I did study various spells/skills when making these.
Strike Magick -> Fire
Ranged Magick -> Throw Stone
Zoned Magick -> Fire 2
Linear Magick -> Earth Slash
Erratic Magick -> Rafa's Asura

I was also thinking of doing one based on it hitting on all sides, but with an infinite vertical range; Geyser Magick or something. And another based on Draw Out spells. I'm probably going to replace most of the old Mystic spells with these. That is the ones I'm not giving back to Black, White, & Red mages.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Dormin Jake

August 25, 2008, 04:18:09 pm #70 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dormin Jake
Again, love it.  As I'm a career student myself, this would likely be my job class if I were more pixelated.  Still, I haven't learned how to project bursts of arcane energy yet.  You'd think a BA would be enough to at least produce a multicolored flash of light or something, but no.

Freaking state schools.  Enrolling at Gariland for my doctorate.

Vanya

August 30, 2008, 04:33:20 pm #71 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
I've got new skill sets for the mages in my Classics hack. They include some new spells:

Black Mage:
Fire - Fira - Firaga
Thunder - Thundara - Thundaga
Blizzard - Blizzara - Blizzaga
Blind - Poison - Death
Quake - Tornado - Flare - Ultima

White Mage:
Cure - Cura - Curaga
Raise - Arise - Reriase
Protect - Shell - Wall
Silence - Sleep - Confuse - Berserk
Regen - Esuna - Holy

Time Mage:
Haste - Hastega - Quick
Slow - Slowga - Stop
Float - Reflect
Drain - Osmose - Dispel
Gravity - Gravira - Graviga - Comet - Meteor

Toad and Petrify will go to my Alchemist job. Zombie will too, unless I decide to make a special Necromancer Unit.

What do you guys think? Feedback, please!
¯\(°_0)/¯

Cheetah

August 30, 2008, 04:42:02 pm #72 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Looks pretty good. How would the different gravity spells work?
Current Projects:

Vanya

August 30, 2008, 07:21:28 pm #73 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Gravity would reduce current HP by 25%
Gravira would reduce current HP by 50%
Graviga would reduce current HP by 75%

Most of the Level 1 spells would only affect 1 unit and I'm thinking of increasing the range of level 3 spells.

Most status affecting spells will affect a small group.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Zozma

August 30, 2008, 07:30:00 pm #74 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
you know what, in ff6 the high level gravity spells could only hit one unit

if you were to do that then i know a good effect file for you to use
'Death Sentence' the floating eye monster's version

(effect#163 in fft patcher but i dont know the number in the folder because 163 is the hex number)
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Cheetah

August 30, 2008, 07:30:07 pm #75 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
How would a Red Mage fit into that mix of your's Vanya?
Current Projects:

Vanya

August 30, 2008, 08:05:19 pm #76 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
I'm planning on some ASM hacking of the calculator's abilities to make hime a cooler job.

Something along the lines of he'll be able to modify the range and area effect of any of the spells that are flagged for math skill. Red Mage will be able to use low level black, white, & time magicks. To make them usable from the get go they'll have a free spell similar to the scholar's 'pure' magic spells.

Also, all the gravity spells will have an area effect of 0.
¯\(°_0)/¯

cade11

September 17, 2008, 11:13:26 pm #77 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by cade11
Red mage
Blue mage
These two would be a good new class

Red mage can have double cast

Blue mage can learn the special attacks from the monsters

blue mage can equip Knife.

Red mage can epuip swords, armor and clothes

Vanya

September 18, 2008, 12:07:07 am #78 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
These have been discussed extensively. The problem with double cast is that the traditional one isn't possible without a complex ASM hack. The Blue Mage has already been executed and only requires re-balancing of monster or human stats and spell powers. =)
¯\(°_0)/¯

DarthPaul

September 18, 2008, 01:00:00 pm #79 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Quote from: "trickstardude7"

Alazlam Durai you were thinkin Alazlam Durai

go Olan woot woot
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die