• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 04:04:28 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Ability Requirement Hack help

Started by DrBreen, April 12, 2011, 10:01:25 am

DrBreen

April 12, 2011, 10:01:25 am Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 10:58:51 am by DrBreen
Hello there.
I have a noob question.
See,i downloaded ARH and now i'm trying to make it work.
But i even cannot make first step.
Can anyone explain me,step by step,how,for example,make Cure spell be available only if you equipped Bow?

I just want to create new skillset for Archer,but there is a problem with animation(displaying damage/status twice),but if you set it to a fixed range,it's ok. So,i just want to set spells for fixed range equal to crossbow range and make it available only if you have bow equipped.

MysticKnightFF5

That requires some...well, by some, I mean a lot of...ASM hacking. Which, isn't for noobs.

DrBreen

April 12, 2011, 10:19:10 pm #2 Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 07:05:54 am by DrBreen
ARH requires alot of ASM? But isn't all the ASM done by zodiac and packed into nice Excel file?
I think we misunderstood each other.
I talk about interface that Xifanie made to make ARH usable for n00bs like me :)

Dome

Quote from: DrBreen on April 12, 2011, 10:19:10 pm
ARH requires alot of ASM? But isn't all the ASM done by zodiac and packed into nice Excel file?
I think we misunderstood each other.
I talk about interface that Xifanie made to make ARH usable for n00bs like me :)

Fixed

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

formerdeathcorps

April 13, 2011, 07:21:45 am #4 Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 07:37:04 am by formerdeathcorps
Coding ARH requires a lot of ASM.
Fixing that graphics glitch on bows requires a lot of debug work (even though the ASM code might be short).

EDIT: Zaen explained it better than me.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Zaen

Ok, here's how it works.
1) Open ARH
2) Open the Data tab. It should look like a table with many many 0's and some boxes toward the very end, if you scroll over to the right. Equip Sword and Materia Blade requirements are the first two rows, but they can be changed.
3)Put a 1 in the spot for whatever weapon you want the skill to require. You can also just forbid certain weapons from using them, but that's the same as requiring everything but those.
4)Look at the two digit number on the left. That is the hex value you replace the FF with in the skill slot you wish to limit.
5) There should be a big box on the top of the first tab. Don't bother with RAM or pSX stuff, and just use the BATTLE.BIN and SCUS_942.21 offsets (just go to the number without the 0x in the specific file), and put in the Data Table, Jump, Jump, and Require Sword Hex edits in the correct places.
6) Recompile your ISO/BIN/Whatever (the GAME) with CD Mage, and you should be good.

This is assuming you already extracted the BATTLE.BIN and SCUS_942.21 beforehand.
Also, you can do nifty things like require up to 5 of any specific items for an ability, as well as requiring specific skillsets, specific R/S/M, and even a certain gender to use the ability! Also, you can make abilities only usable when inflicted with a certain status. It is remarkable, really. Feel free to mess around with it when you get used to it.
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

DrBreen

Ohh,fff.
Thank guys :)
I'll try it now,because watching this HORRIBLE archer bug is like teeth pulling.
Thanks again.

philsov

QuoteOhh,fff.

That.

If you want fixed range/arrow animation, you need to set the Effect/animation to FFFF to prevent the double display bug.  At stuff like range 4 it isn't too bad (they almost gel together as one big string) for at high cliff sniping the bug is just horrible.  Yes, there's no pretty graphic now but it's the lesser of two evils imo.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.