• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:20:20 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

WOTL PPSSPP: Change Raw Stats on Save File?

Started by Vardahoth, November 28, 2020, 11:08:32 am

Vardahoth

Hello, I spent hours googling yesterday and couldn't find a way to do this.

Basically I'm trying to change all initial characters (including Ramza/Delita) RAW hp/mp to be maxed out at:
Males:   524,287/245,759 RHP/RMP
Females: 491,519/262,143 RHP/RMP

I can see with Lion Editor, I'm allowed to only change the base hp/mp, but can only view the raw stats as I hover my mouse over the input box(see screenshot below). Is there a way to change these Raw Stats?

lion_editor_raw_stats.png
  • Modding version: WotL

Nyzer

Probably not. You're talking about editing saves to essentially cheat code character stats, which isn't what the focus is here - the focus is modding the game, not a save file.

On top of that, altering a character's current raw stats is less useful/straightforward than altering their in-game base stats, isn't it? It doesn't surprise me that the Lion Editor doesn't provide that function. I'm not even sure why you're hoping to do that, specifically.

On top of that, altering a character's current stats is not the same as setting a specific max ceiling for said stats. I don't think anyone's done any hacking to play around with those ceilings since there's little reason to, and the level up/down method is either preferred or blocked by removing deleveling options in the Patcher.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Vardahoth

November 28, 2020, 08:21:24 pm #2 Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 09:26:18 pm by Vardahoth
Quote from: Nyzer on November 28, 2020, 06:52:34 pmOn top of that, altering a character's current raw stats is less useful/straightforward than altering their in-game base stats, isn't it?

As far as I know, the raw stats affect how much the base stats grow each level up. So characters with less raw hp/mp will have less base hp/mp as they hit level 10 than the character with more (each leveled as the same class of course).

I know it sounds like a silly thing, but I would like to be able to change it so their stats is the same for each level up if their classes are the same.

Edit: I would also point out some characters I can make their mp go from 10-12 and save, but if I go from 10-11 and save, it reverts back to 10. I think this may be a bug in the lion editor and the way it is trying to change the raw stat to align with the base state. I think it's better to just force the change of the raw stat, and then the base state once that is settled.

Nyzer

Quote from: Vardahoth on November 28, 2020, 08:21:24 pmAs far as I know, the raw stats affect how much the base stats grow each level up. So characters with less raw hp/mp will have less base hp/mp as they hit level 10 than the character with more (each leveled as the same class of course).

I know it sounds like a silly thing, but I would like to be able to change it so their stats is the same for each level up if their classes are the same.

That already happens, though. There are three kinds of starting stats: Male stats, Female stats, Monster stats. The only exception is Ramza, who gets Female magic stats too.

Everything else is based on job growth.

I'm not sure if you're just trying to correct for different job growth over the course of your save file, but that level of control really isn't what most players would be using the Lion Editor for, especially if they're still in Chapter 1.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Vardahoth

Quote from: Nyzer on November 28, 2020, 11:35:12 pmThat already happens, though. There are three kinds of starting stats: Male stats, Female stats, Monster stats. The only exception is Ramza, who gets Female magic stats too.

Everything else is based on job growth.

I'm not sure if you're just trying to correct for different job growth over the course of your save file, but that level of control really isn't what most players would be using the Lion Editor for, especially if they're still in Chapter 1.

And for those 3 kinds of stats there are 5 raw stats. hp/mp are set at random values. I want those values to be maxed within the rules of the game system.

Buying/starting a character male will come as 43/44hp and 10/11mp randomly (37/38hp if chemist).
Buying/starting a character female will come as 41/42hp and 10/11mp randomly (35/36hp if chemist).
Ramza can start with hp of 49-51 random (not sure about mp)
Delita can start with hp of 49-53 random (not sure about mp)

with Lion editor there are a few bugs.
#1. I cannot change the mp values from 10 to 11.
#2. If Ramza's raw hp is high and in game reads his hp value as 51, Lion editor will read the value as 52.

This tells me the tool is using algorithms that are off in the math when setting values. I would prefer to be able to access these values to set myself to test and play with. If this tool cannot provide that I'm simply asking if there is a way I can access the save file to edit this info.

I've reset over 300 games trying to get the best possible stats, but I would like to find if there is a way where I can directly change them as the perfect starting stats.