• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:37:41 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Unable to use abilities after they've been learned. [Solved]

Started by LazyLife, November 14, 2020, 09:25:00 am

LazyLife

I have added the abilities under the Ja Magic skill set to one of my classes and had the character learn them. However, the abilities do not show up on the ability window during battle, so the character cannot use them. There are other abilities (like Reis') that don't seem to work on other characters.

My question is, am I patching these wrong? Or are these abilities hardcoded and can only be used by the character they were intended for? I apologize if this has been answered before and I just wasn't able to find it in the forums.

Thanks in advance!
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: LazyLife

Nyzer

More specifics, please. "One of my classes" isn't enough. Because this should be working.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

LazyLife

Disregard. I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was changing the skill set for a given class and replacing it with another skill set (ie. Jump for White Magic) under the Job tab on FFTPatcher and that was causing the abilities to not work properly.

Appreciate the response, Nyzer.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: LazyLife