• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Testing Late Game TEST.EVT Changes

Started by Jordan95, February 29, 2020, 03:57:21 pm

Jordan95

So I've started working on editing some dialogue text for some events using EasyVent Editor Super Perfect 2.1. I can successfully compile to a TEST.EVT file, patch it, run the game and my changes are taking effect. Perfect! But I was just editing some of the first few battles to test.

What if I want to change an event far into the story? I'm wanting to change one in Ch.3 but I'm starting from a fresh save and don't really want to go through the hassle of beating all of the previous levels before I get to this event so I can test my changes.

Is there a way I can jump from the beginning of the game to a particular ENTD so I can test my changes? I've been trying to find an answer for hours but nothing is clear on how to do it or even IF i can do it.

In particular, I'm editing some events in The Lion War patch and want to trigger ENTD 1E2 Ashley Riot Battle
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: Jordan9232

Nyzer

Change ATTACK.OUT to jump to that scenario from the very first scene.

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

Jordan95

Quote from: Nyzer on February 29, 2020, 05:05:02 pmChange ATTACK.OUT to jump to that scenario from the very first scene.

Sweet, I just tried it and that worked. I only started modding like a month ago and haven't needed to change the ATTACK.OUT file yet. But seemed pretty simple. Thank you!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: Jordan9232

3lric

Quote from: Jordan9232 on February 29, 2020, 05:23:39 pmSweet, I just tried it and that worked. I only started modding like a month ago and haven't needed to change the ATTACK.OUT file yet. But seemed pretty simple. Thank you!

Yup, this is the method I used for many years. There is also savestate eventing which helps a lot and can be used in conjuction with this trick to sort of build the event in something closer to real time
  • Modding version: PSX