• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

The Chronicles of Kanbabrif

Started by Bastard Poetry, May 17, 2008, 07:20:29 am

Cheetah

July 14, 2008, 09:36:15 pm #180 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Oh you are a lucky man LastingDawn. If your input hadn't been so good I would have totally owned you for ruining my precious triple post.

Glad you like the hair, it balances him out well too. An earing is a great idea. Accessories are hard to do (as in I haven't even ever tried...), but I think it might be worth a go so I will see what i can come up with.
Current Projects:

Archael

July 14, 2008, 09:44:14 pm #181 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Ok. Go with the scars. You worked your ass off to make him look mean like I asked and you did a great job. he is now truly an evil Kbob minion

One on the LEFT!

Final answer!  :D

Also, when you are done with it, can I get a finished copy to use as my avatar on here?

Cheetah

July 14, 2008, 09:53:46 pm #182 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Excellent I'm glad you like it. I'm sure I will be making a few minor adjustments so I will post it in the near future for you.
Current Projects:

Archael

July 14, 2008, 10:13:04 pm #183 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "Cheetah"Excellent I'm glad you like it. I'm sure I will be making a few minor adjustments so I will post it in the near future for you.

:D

Bastard Poetry

July 14, 2008, 11:10:52 pm #184 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
Great work, the Cheetah!

I think the earring will be very cool.

My only criticism about Voldemort's is that he looks too much like Vormav. I know that's the base you worked from, but casual viewers may not pay enough attention to notice that it's a guy named Voldemort and NOT Vormav. (At least, the few people in my life who have watched Part I with me never seemed to pay much attention). So people will be all like WTF VORMAV A LIFE NOW!?

The scars were a good touch though. Voldemort's the kind of bad ass who, before being recruited by K-gunz, used to pick fights with cats.
Final Fantasy Tactics - Thief SSCC:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL73FB72C01D917FD6&feature=viewall

(Fully recorded LP; successes, failures, and most things inbetween)

woodenbandman

July 14, 2008, 11:11:37 pm #185 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by woodenbandman
It's good to be back (I was here before?)

So, anyway, hope you get the next episode up soon. I look forward to it. Although it will be nothing without Junk (176 damage, lest we forget).

I wish I were in the chronicles. But my post count isn't high enough yet.

I'll be back after 100 threads in the spam forum.

Bastard Poetry

July 14, 2008, 11:16:11 pm #186 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
You could end up with a character in the series, woodbatman.

You just need to raise your post count like a fucking jerk, the way Voldemort does! Then you'll be in in NO TIME!  :P

Seriously, though, I may actually NEED more characters for Part II afterall. Dorminid and DakHam don't make for a very threatening posse on their own.

Wouldn't you agree, the Cheetah?

woodenbandman

July 14, 2008, 11:20:17 pm #187 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by woodenbandman
I'm working on a sprite if you're interested.

Ever played Ogre Battle 64?

Bastard Poetry

July 14, 2008, 11:26:08 pm #188 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
I think I played the first 5 minutes of the game once, and had to stop to take care of something else. (Probably some stupid fucking customers, since the people who came into my father's video store had no respect for my gameplaying/popcorn eating work habits).

Then I got busy and never bothered to try the game again. Anyways, are you talking about the woodenbandman sprite that you mentioned on the Custom Sprite board?

woodenbandman

July 14, 2008, 11:28:44 pm #189 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by woodenbandman
Yeah. I would like that to be my sprite.

Although I might edit it further to give it my hair. Imagine female knight hair on that body.

Archael

July 14, 2008, 11:31:22 pm #190 Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 12:08:56 am by Archael
Quote from: "bastardpoetry"Great work, the Cheetah!

I think the earring will be very cool.

My only criticism about Voldemort's is that he looks too much like Vormav. I know that's the base you worked from, but casual viewers may not pay enough attention to notice that it's a guy named Voldemort and NOT Vormav. (At least, the few people in my life who have watched Part I with me never seemed to pay much attention). So people will be all like WTF VORMAV A LIFE NOW!?

The scars were a good touch though. Voldemort's the kind of bad ass who, before being recruited by K-gunz, used to pick fights with cats.

I think the scars diferentiate enough from vormav

great fuckin avatar

but yeah something might be able to be done to change the Vormav look in the eyes and hair

not sure what who I don't know squat about sprites

EDIT: But I don't care really. I am happy with how he looks like now

:D

Bastard Poetry

July 14, 2008, 11:36:18 pm #191 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
Alright, Woodenbatman, I've gotta run to take care of some things right now. (WTF? EVERY god damned time I finally get online and start chatting with someone lately, something comes up! Voldemort can tell you guys.. It was a 3-day struggle to finally get 10 minutes to communicate recently). But I'll think about a character for you, and we'll see what the Cheetah has to say on the matter. (He's co-producer around here, since he does the Cast work).

brb, explosion.

Cheetah

July 15, 2008, 12:50:07 am #192 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Disappearing Ninjas are cool.

Vormav is definitely the base and he definitely still looks like him. I made him younger looking, more angry, scarred, extra armor, minus some hair, plus some hair, and a different cowl color but he still looks a little too much like Vormav I totally agree. The easiest fix might be to change the hair color, but I have some other ideas that I'm going to try first.

I was thinking about making Voldemort a bit more mauled and missing an ear, but I thought that would be taking things too far lol.

Your current avatar already has a strong possibility of making it into the game Woodenbandman. What part did that character even play, and did he have a name? If you want to be in it is totally possible though. It is just a matter of when and how much participation. At this point we are happy to use people's names and take character requests. Just be aware that you will likely have a quick and dishonorable death. Though do note that is what Junk started out as I believe.
Current Projects:

Bastard Poetry

July 15, 2008, 01:05:19 am #193 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
How much more work do you still have to do on your sprite, WBM?

If it's close enough to being finished, I could include you in Part II. My plan was to start filming scenes tonight, and the FIRST scene would require your character. So I'll just start working on scene 2 tonight instead.. but the sooner you could finish your sprite, the better.

Not to pressure you or anything, but PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE!!!

Seriously, though, if you'd rather take your time with it, I could make room for you in Part III instead. But it would be great if we could add a few more characters in the beginning, if their sprites are already finished. In fact, why am I still typing this paragraph? Here goes:

NOW ACCEPTING 3 SIDEKICK HERO CHARACTERS FOR PART II

- Minor characters with very little dialogue (maybe? I don't know. Junk was only supposed to have 2 lines, so you never know how I'll feel while writing a scene).

- Must have a completed unique sprite of your own OR you can settle for a generic with a basic color swap. (I just don't have the time to keep waiting for more characters to be made, and the Cheetah doesn't need any more work dumped on him).

- You COULD be killed off, depending on how whimsical I'm feeling.

- You MUST have your request in ASAP, because filming has already begun!

- You cannot be a character who DIED during the course of FFT's storyline. Seriously, the CoK is supposed to be like a sequel.

- No Zodiac.

Bastard Poetry

July 15, 2008, 01:06:46 am #194 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
Whoah. Just saw your post, Cheetah.

We said similar things!!  :P

Here's the deal, WBatman: If your character is young, like the sprite you're working on, then he'd be perfect for Part II.

If your character is old, like your human-Elidibs avatar, then he'd be ABSOLUTELY perfect for Part III.

Archael

July 15, 2008, 01:57:11 am #195 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
na don't maul him anymre

the scar is enough

kbob's minions are rough enough to be scarred but never weak enough to get MAULED. keep that in mind

also the little change in the hair on the left one goes a LONG way in looking less that vormav

the angles of the face and hair is what looks like vormav in the first place

DakHam

July 15, 2008, 02:29:36 am #196 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by DakHam
Dear god I've finally found this thread!!!

Anyway, my portrait looks pretty damn kick-ass. I especially like the hair.

To add some spice, maybe make the white shirt line higher? I'm thinking that it should reach farther up toward the neck.

And if this is possible, could you extend the brown shoulder-portruding things out to make them taller and larger? Again, only if it's not too much trouble.

LastingDawn

July 15, 2008, 02:47:35 am #197 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hmm... if you really do need more people I guess I can help, how should I go about it? The same as the original thread?

(quick description and biography?)
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Dormin Jake

July 15, 2008, 02:52:46 am #198 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dormin Jake
Quote from: "bastardpoetry"Dorminid and DakHam don't make for a very threatening posse on their own.
I...I'm n-not threatening?    :cry:

*Blue Mage Dorminid uses Splash Attack*

rawr
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
We are Dormin. Thou art to bring us a tasty beverage.
  • Discord username: dorminjake

Cyberblade

July 15, 2008, 02:55:42 am #199 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cyberblade
Ok give me about an hour or two i already have my sprite made (finishin touches on portrait) and ill get a little backstory made.