• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 11:18:07 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

(Solved) Modify Math/Arithmeticks Action menu

Started by ChronosTyle, May 05, 2020, 03:41:23 pm

ChronosTyle

May 05, 2020, 03:41:23 pm Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 02:07:46 am by ChronosTyle Reason: Nyzer just solved my problem
Hi guys, it's my first post in this web, so basically i want to limit the math skill usage where it can use priest, wizard, etc's skill to only cure,wall,undead,disbelief,toad,slow,haste. Well i still like the old school math skill action menus where it needs to access CT/Height/Lv/Exp > Prime/3/4/5 > list of skills, and the first idea that came up is "why don't i use Xifanie skillset fix and set the list of skills that i wanted to" and i did that, the thing is, it's not look like the old school math skill action menus bc the list of skills that i want is in the same menu in CT/Height/Lv/Exp, so i did some searched first in "HELP" thread, and already found this 2 topics:

https://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=4579.msg105361#msg105361
https://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=7785.msg156148#msg156148

2 of these topics almost 9-10 years, and based on first topic where FDC said this:"You cannot edit calculator abilities without ASM.  You can, however, replace all of the abilities in the (15 Math Skill) job command with your own and set the action menu to default."
So based on that, i knew that this type of feature will go through the hard way(maybe?bc the topics almost 9-10 years, maybe ASMers in this forum already found a way to this ASM, oh btw, i'm saying hard bc i'm still trying to learn it, ASM is still an alien world to me), so before i do that, i did search in this forums with the keyword "math skill ASM" filtered with "FFT ASM'd and FFT PSX hacking", found 18 topics but none of them related to the ASM i'm looking for, so here's my questions:

1. Did this type of features had already requested in "ASM Request" topic that created by Xifanie?If it is, can you give me link to that ASM?
2. let say i do asm hack, i know that i need to get the action menu(0x2d90), and i know it's secondary skill, but what i didn't know is how to get the secondary skill via asm way?can ASM hackers give me a little insight, please?

Thx btw for people looking and replying on my topic
PS: my friend once said that XML and JSON's code is very, very weird then C#, and Java, well guess what, MIPS way more weird...
  • Modding version: PSX

Nyzer

So you want it to work exactly the same but with fewer spells?

Pretty sure each Patcher spell just has a flag for whether it can be used that way.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

ChronosTyle

Oh i didn't see that in fftpatcher, thx Nyzer for helping me out :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:
  • Modding version: PSX