• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:56:54 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Monster Re-Palette's

Started by Nevarie, July 12, 2008, 07:01:03 pm

Zozma

July 24, 2008, 09:37:10 pm #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
hehe but if you make their job have it checked in the "always" part then they will never lose it even attacking. i just dont see why when i have it checked they dont look that way till the battle conditions are finished displaying.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Dormin Jake

September 02, 2008, 03:58:41 am #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dormin Jake
Beginner's problem:

I'm trying to import the new Ahriman sprites over the existing vanilla Uribo line, following the tutorial on this site:

http://www.ffhacktics.com/psx/tutorials.php?id=2

I downloaded the recolored ARLI.SPR, renamed it ARLI.BMP, and tried to import it over my extracted URI.SPR, to no avail.  An error message keeps popping up, speaking of an "unhandled exception" and other silliness.

What blatant thing am I doing wrong?  I'm humbly guessing it has something to do with the BMP, or lack thereof?
We are Dormin. Thou art to bring us a tasty beverage.
  • Discord username: dorminjake

Vanya

September 02, 2008, 07:30:35 am #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Your problem is that you are renaming an SPR file into a BMP. The tutorial does not say at any point to rename an SPR with any other extension. In fact you don't even need to get a .BMP of the recolored floateye's since Nevarie already made the .SPR for you.

You're going to run into a more fundamental problem. Arli.SPR is bigger than the Uribo sprite. You have to insert it into a same size or larger sprite. Otherwise it'll lose a number of pixels off the end of the file. And just to complicate things for you, arli.spr has a corresponding .SP2 file to take into consideration.

Basically, arli.spr can only be imported into an .SPR that has a large enough .SP2 file, too.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Dormin Jake

September 02, 2008, 09:50:20 am #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dormin Jake
:D  Heh heh.  Thanks, I get it now.
We are Dormin. Thou art to bring us a tasty beverage.
  • Discord username: dorminjake