• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

[Old] ALL old topics created before the FULL release (Merged together!)

Started by Dome, December 05, 2010, 02:02:09 pm

Which one is the best, and why?

Ignore
0 (0%)
this
0 (0%)
topic
0 (0%)
!!!!!1111
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Dome

I'm not good with those kind of things...
Try use the description Eternal made
"A balance and hardtype patch that seeks to improve FFT's gameplay made by the FFH community"
(Added by me) "Instead of 1.3, it focuses more on balance instead of difficult, making it an enjoyable patch for noobs...and veterans will spill blood in the side quests" (Or something like this)
Also, remember that 1.4 is still far from complete, mention that there might be bugs scattered around xD

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Samuraiblackbelt

Alright here's the playlist for my playthrough:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Samuriblkbelt#grid/user/EC82537110CE80FC

So far I'm enjoying it a lot, but my only real problem is that Pounce is incredibly over powered, and the AI prioritizes it over attack 100% of the time.
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

Dome

Yeah, I need to tweak pounce somehow...
I was thinking about a 50+MA% (Unevadable, so 50% at level 1 and 80% at level 100)

Samuraiblackbelt

That sounds a little more reasonable, but I still think the AI would abuse it.
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

Dome

Quote from: Samuraiblackbelt on May 07, 2011, 06:27:09 am
That sounds a little more reasonable, but I still think the AI would abuse it.

Is there any way to edit how the AI interacts with the skill?

Samuraiblackbelt

Not that I know of.

EDIT: Hurr durr, give it the random hits flag.

efrate

So what all changes over 1.3 other than the aforementioned difficulty easing and rad, alicia and lavian having special classes?  The master guide is...lacking.  Or an ETA on when you expect it to be done?  Kinda wanna try this out but I'd like to know what I am jumping into. 
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Dome

Quote from: efrate on May 07, 2011, 08:41:41 pm
So what all changes over 1.3 other than the aforementioned difficulty easing and rad, alicia and lavian having special classes?  The master guide is...lacking.  Or an ETA on when you expect it to be done?  Kinda wanna try this out but I'd like to know what I am jumping into.  

Yeah, I know
Sorry, but, even if it's fully playable, 1.4 is far from completed, and master guide and such will be completed only after the full release...
You forgot Boco the white chocobo, performer (Bard + Dancer), a lot of items tweaked (Not listed, mostly swords, shields, guns, etc...), some chemist items removed, reworked ENTD, reworked Growths/Multipliers, monsters of the same family have the same stats (So every tier is usable and not flat-out useless)
Also, I plan on using ALMA (Or whatever the name is) to create custom reactions (Instead of the useless Gilgame Heart) and reworking the poach list

efrate

One more thing, with guests being not featured in the menu screen, do they passively gain more abilities as times goes by or just stuck with whatever couple they start with and doomed to never have any more until (if) they get recruited?  Also, how does that work for when ones like agrias join you, is it completely reset, or does the xp and abilities accure and you have access to more when you get them etc. 
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Dome

Quote from: efrate on May 08, 2011, 06:39:00 am
One more thing, with guests being not featured in the menu screen, do they passively gain more abilities as times goes by or just stuck with whatever couple they start with and doomed to never have any more until (if) they get recruited?  Also, how does that work for when ones like agrias join you, is it completely reset, or does the xp and abilities accure and you have access to more when you get them etc. 

I'll have to test this to give you an answer

Dome

Ok, the "Pounce" skill is now a (50+MA)% not evadable, random flagged attack :-)

Dome

Ok, I just got a silly idea...
Remove phoenix down from the game
"Item" is too over-centralizing...instant, ranged 100% HP/MP/Status healing and Rez
If phoenix down is removed, "Item" is still a good skillset, but if you want to resurrect, you need to rely on basic skills or White magic

What do you think?

For the moment, PD won't be removed

Durbs

0_o

A world without Phoenix Down is not one that looks very bright.
  • Modding version: PSX

Mando

I say go for it dome, I don't have items period in my patch. Same with weapon throwing/ball/shuriken.

Items make many people too confident. Perhaps you might even sacrifice a unit or two to win a fight ;D

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

Shade

just make raise spells better and I can see it working(since I orginally never used PD, it made fights alot more intresting.
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Dome

Do you think the actual raise and raise 2 spells are bad, Shade?
I almost never used them, so I don't know...

Pierce

If you do away with phoenix down, just make sure you add another reviving move somewhere. White Magic and Basic Skill shouldn't be the only way to revive someone (I can't recall if they are, so this might be an irrelevant statement), especially when later in the game you aren't going to want to waste your secondary on basic skill. It's an interesting concept, but I think you definitely need to consider the repercussions.
Ignorance itself is a crime! - Miluda

Eternal

Do what I did in the original version of Parted Ways and make Phoenix Downs either very expensive (2-3k a pop) or make them Poachable only. Keep them around, just make them more valuable.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817