• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 10:02:56 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

[Old] ALL old topics created before the FULL release (Merged together!)

Started by Dome, December 05, 2010, 02:02:09 pm

Which one is the best, and why?

Ignore
0 (0%)
this
0 (0%)
topic
0 (0%)
!!!!!1111
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Dome

Males will be fighters and females will be casters, because cadets are trained in the most logical way
However, some small difference won't damage anyone, I suppose

P.s: You can recruit people at the soldier office if you want different signs/values

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Dome

GeneralStrife

Quote from: Dome on March 30, 2011, 05:45:17 am
Males will be fighters and females will be casters, because cadets are trained in the most logical way
However, some small difference won't damage anyone, I suppose

P.s: You can recruit people at the soldier office if you want different signs/values

I'm ballsy, I'll use whoever I want for whatever I want.

Dome

Quote from: GeneralStrife on April 02, 2011, 07:17:10 pm
I'm ballsy, I'll use whoever I want for whatever I want.
Lol
Try use a 40 faith male as a black mage, fool!

MysticKnightFF5

Dome

Ok, things have slowed down because of the stupid university exams
The 14th will be the last exam, so I'll resume the work on the patch
Next release will mainly focus on the ENTD, and should fix all the bugs posted in the other topic :-)

LimaBeanMage

Are Alicia and Lavian the only Onion Knights you can get or has the 6 squire/chemist requirement been changed?

Dome

Quote from: LimaBeanMage on April 08, 2011, 03:54:42 am
Are Alicia and Lavian the only Onion Knights you can get or has the 6 squire/chemist requirement been changed?

The only 2 :-)

4look4rd

I finished my first play through and I have to say that I like this version much better than vanilla, but I have a few complains:

Panther Fights- They are just boring and annoying.  All the cats do is to use pounce which is incredibly frustrating since fights will last for way too long.

Stealing Items- its impossible to steal equipment from some story battles.  The church battle at the end of chapter 4 for example, I could steal a chaos blade, but I couldn't steal equips from the two other characters (its that fight inside a church with Velius [the purple one, sorry I'm terrible with names] and his two other knights)

Deep Dungeon- Wow, just wow.  I know it was meant to be end of game stuff, but I can't even pass the first stage.  It would be nice if Deep Dungeon fights also scaled with party level (mostly to avoid grinding to level99 before being able to tackle these fights).  Alternatively, although I do not know if it is possible, it would be nice to have a second dungeon similar to the DD but with tamer challenges.

Orlando/special knights- I agree with the nerfs done to them, but why do they all have mime lvl8 with tons of JB on it?  It would be nice if they came in party level and with comparable jobs open instead of just lvl1 in their respective class + mime.  Since they were greatly nerfed, I feel like there is little to no incentive to invest time on them (again this makes the game even more grindy).

Tiamats/Hydras- The animation for their attacks take WAY too long, please change it.

Rafa/Malak- Rafa is awesome now, I really like her.  However her brother is greatly eclipsed by her.  I would like to see him as a little more interesting character

Durbs

Neat patch. I started playing it a little while ago. I noticed several things right away:

1. Rad the Red Mage has the most glitched sprite I have ever seen. The basis of the sprite (the fighter) works fine, but the cape attached to him is very glitchy. The same holds true for the Onion knights- when they use Wave Fist or a physical striking move, they split into vertical ribbons of their form. Sorry about the lack of screenshots.
2. It's a pet peeve of mine to see Mercinary skills as opposed to Mercinary Skills. Please capitalize the second letters in skill sets.

Aside from those two, everything looks good.
  • Modding version: PSX

MysticKnightFF5

Barren, URDOINITRONG
If you look at team 1: ramza's team, there's ANOTHER SLOT. >.>"
All 5 can enter the battle.

Dome

Thanks for the feedbacks/bugs report guys, they are greatly appreciated :-)
I'll work on fixing them :-)

Barren

Yes I  know....i completely forgot about that >_<

But I still won ^_^
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

MysticKnightFF5

Good job, by the way. I saw the video, and while you didn't do too hot the first 3-5 fights, you were awesome in the last one. and funny.
"no wait that's cha--...I CAN CHARM HIM?!"

Barren

Thank you :) I know I haven't done any 1.4 videos in a while. I'm actually at the Limberry fight right now..trying to think of a way to steal genji armor while killing the assassins, other wise, ill just counter magic him to death
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Dome

Quote from: Barren on April 16, 2011, 05:40:57 pm
Thank you :) I know I haven't done any 1.4 videos in a while. I'm actually at the Limberry fight right now..trying to think of a way to steal genji armor while killing the assassins, other wise, ill just counter magic him to death

While videos are very appreciated, feedback is the most important thing :-)

nein

Is this compatible with FFT:Complete? After going thru WOTL, I just can`t get used to the older translation.

Dome

I don't know, but I don't plan on working on that...At least, for the moment

Shintroy

1- Yes
2- Too much change. FFT1.x should just be a harder version of the original content and all.
3- Meh, they're just recruits.
4- NO But keep it in mind for Easy Mode
5. See 4
6. See 4
7. See 4
8. See 4
9. See 4
10- See 2
11- Yes
12- See 2
13- See 4
14- See 2
15- That's what FFT 1.3 was about. 1.4 Can do it better, as long as there arent any "original" abilities like "Marksman". (see 2)
16- No.......
17- No Red Mage doesnt exist in this FFT
18- No Chapter 1 would be hell with default Algus and Deleta
19- Hell no

I thought the completely new abilities that were introduced in... 1.36/1.37 were a bad idea. Bring Charge back or at least take some Archer skills from.... FFT Advance
Some day my people will be free.