• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 09:01:47 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

New Jobs (Total Patch)

Started by bamseyboy, October 14, 2008, 10:38:17 am

Lydyn

October 15, 2008, 12:56:32 am #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
I believe only Throw looks at the Ninja ... I'd assume even if you placed.. let's say Punch Art, the game will look at what the Monk has learned. All the special/custom skillsets aside from the generics will always look at the base class, since they're all counted as the base class - as we can see with the Holy Knight, Ramza's Squire, Heaven Knight, etc.

Not saying you're wrong though, you might be right. If you are though, you're also right about there being a ton of testing to find such a skillset. Until then ... bamseyboy and I will work with what we have.

Back to other things though, I have to agree with The Damned on this one, bamseyboy. I was looking at Assassin and it does look a bit overpowered. You could try for aiming for really low hit percents, but it might make taking the class kinda of 'meh.' There's sometimes a real balance in doing things.

QuoteShadowbind (Stop) - Low chance
Aphonia (Sleep) - Medium chance
Ague (Slow) Low to medium chance
Rockseal (Petrify) Very low chance
Nightmare (Doom) - Very low to low chance
Last Breath (Death) - Very low chance
Fire Veil (Confuse) - Medium chance
Water Veil (Silence) - Medium chance

That's my idea anyways. It's up to you though. :) Did you plan on posting this patch after it's done?

bamseyboy

October 16, 2008, 07:03:21 am #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by bamseyboy
Actually those changes are going to be made! By the way, I've had an idea about the skillsets for Ninja. If I simply change 'Throw' as the default skillset to 'Black Magic' would that work as I have no Black Mage being used in this game.

Or would it be easier and 'better' to change Assassin to the Female Only class? It would be unfair to the vikings to have no counterparts.

And any opinions on the Dream Weaver, I sense it's... lacking, though it'll have great speed I think it needs a better skillset.

Also... what can Oil and Dirty Bomb inflict instead of Oil. I though Oil could inflict Slow and Poison and Dirty Bomb could just inflict Poison? Any ideas.

The Templar's Shock might be removed or re-allocated.

The thing about having only 10 classes is well, I'm not good at management and am finding it hard to manage these 10. I don't know how anyone else manages, right now I have 6 Text Documents in my 'New Patch' folder just to remind me what goes where and what turns into what. I cannot see this being completed anytime soon.

But if I do complete it, it will definitely be released.

SentinalBlade

October 16, 2008, 10:27:26 am #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
QuoteActually those changes are going to be made! By the way, I've had an idea about the skillsets for Ninja. If I simply change 'Throw' as the default skillset to 'Black Magic' would that work as I have no Black Mage being used in this game.

Here is the other problem:

If you give a generic job class a different skillset, lets say change elemental to sword spirit, then if you go into battle with the NEW Sword Spirit as a secondary, you instantly can cast ALL abilities in the skillset, regardless of if you have actually learned them D:

bamseyboy

October 16, 2008, 10:58:10 am #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by bamseyboy
Damn... That's.... making me change Assassin to the Dancer sprite, oh well.

Lydyn

October 16, 2008, 11:47:06 am #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Yeah, sadly. There's nothing much you can do with the actual Ninja class except change stat growths, innates, and A/S/M skills.

As for the Oil and Dirty Bomb, those sound like decent ideas. Might need to change JP costs for balance, but that's never a big deal.

bamseyboy

October 16, 2008, 11:53:00 am #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by bamseyboy
Thanks. Well the Assassin as Dancer idea is pretty good as I do have the Viking. By the way how would I go about making his stats balanced for his skillset? Hmm...