• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Original Jot5 Thread

Started by 3lric, October 24, 2011, 04:53:34 am

3lric

I didn't take it as you being negative as all. So no problems there, but yes it is a good way to improve as you said tho i don't think it was a matter of improving, (since frankly, I think you're doing just fine)
it was more just a matter of making it more clear as to what we were looking for terms of the class itself  :mrgreen: I like what you've done with the Guardian class, so let's see what Durbs has to say, since he's better at both critiquing and thinking long term then I am lol
  • Modding version: PSX

Joseph Strife

Wow, amazing progress people, i like all what i've seen so far, great job everybody!
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

3lric

Thank you Joseph Strife, Come up with any new ideas for Chapter 2 yet?  :mrgreen:

MountianDew~  I actually like what you did for the Ramza Archer set, tho i didn't actually intend for it to be Archer, (thats just the class that we will be modifying) Tho it is actually pretty good lol so if Durbs likes it we can definitely use that since we don't have an Archer class yet

Joseph Strife

Quote from: Elric42 on December 11, 2011, 12:10:15 pm
Thank you Joseph Strife, Come up with any new ideas for Chapter 2 yet?  :mrgreen:

Actualy i have a lot, but i think it will be better to get them to the public after we have a ch.1 all linked up, with all events and complete story for it made. Then it will be easier for people to understand what i think and link ch. 2 with ch. 1.
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"

3lric

Quote from: Joseph Strife on December 11, 2011, 12:55:00 pm
Actualy i have a lot, but i think it will be better to get them to the public after we have a ch.1 all linked up, with all events and complete story for it made. Then it will be easier for people to understand what i think and link ch. 2 with ch. 1.

Agreed  :mrgreen: I will have some new stuff to show you soon  :mrgreen:

Joseph Strife

Durbs

Yeah, I like the Archer skillset (though we'll have to change his costume for sure), but I'm still not sold on the Guardian class. I'll write up some of my ideas either tomorrow or Wednesday.

3lric

Quote from: Durbs on December 11, 2011, 07:11:14 pm
Yeah, I like the Archer skillset (though we'll have to change his costume for sure), but I'm still not sold on the Guardian class. I'll write up some of my ideas either tomorrow or Wednesday.

Problem is after talking to Pokeytax, it seems that the costume change for specific jobs on Unique characters would only show up during battle, so we may not be able to do it that way

Durbs

Guys! Guys! Guess what? We're back on task!

Part of the reason JotF has been so slow recently is because I've had some major time constraints to work around, and Elric needed to wait for a few things for me to send him. But now, my time is slowly beginning to open back up again, so I'd like to assure you guys that some serious **** is about to get done.

3lric

Quote from: Durbs on December 14, 2011, 05:24:09 pm

Part of the reason JotF has been so slow recently is because I've had some major time constraints to work around, and Elric needed to wait for a few things for me to send him. But now, my time is slowly beginning to open back up again, so I'd like to assure you guys that some serious **** is about to get done.

This makes Elric very happy  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Durbs

After putting this off for a long time, here's what I have in mind. Sorry MD, had to steal a few names from you. :mrgreen:

Agrias Skillset

1.) Rune Crush- Non-elemental damage to a group
2.) Chillsword- Ice elemental damage to one unit; may add: Slow
3.) Icebrand- Ice elemental damage to a line; removes a few positive statii
4.) Judgment Blade- Lightning elemental damage to one unit; may add: Silence
5.) Deliverance- Massive lightning attack on one unit
6.) Light Blade- Holy elemental damage to one unit; may add: Blind
7.) Liberation- Massive holy elemental attack on a group
8.) Liberty Soul- Revive a unit
9.) Rejuvenate Soul- Small healing to a group

3lric

Awesome job, i will add these to the main post  :mrgreen:

Joseph Strife

Quote from: Elric42 on December 14, 2011, 05:25:57 pm
Quote from: Durbs on December 14, 2011, 05:24:09 pm

This makes Elric very happy  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

This also makes Joseph Strife very very happy! :mrgreen:

Durbs

Per request...

Sephiroth
1.) Corrupt- Add: Poison, moderate damage, range 4
2.) Blasphemy Surge- Phy, Mag attack -2 to one unit
3.) Whirlwind Slash- 5 range, wind elemental attack
4.) Darkness Flash- Add: Don't Move, Don't Act, Blind, Silence, or Stop (a combination of any of them similar to Byblos), range 4, mild MP cost
5.) Heartless Angel- AoE of 1, range 4; inflicts significant damage, add: Blind, mild MP cost
6.) Forgiveness- Instant KO, high chance of working, high MP cost
7.) Meteor- Massive damage to a large area, massive MP cost

3lric

December 14, 2011, 08:48:56 pm #234 Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 09:05:50 pm by Elric42
Quote from: Durbs on December 14, 2011, 08:38:37 pm
Per request...

Sephiroth
1.) Corrupt- Add: Poison, moderate damage, range 4
2.) Blasphemy Surge- Phy, Mag attack -2 to one unit
3.) Whirlwind Slash- 5 range, wind elemental attack
4.) Darkness Flash- Add: Don't Move, Don't Act, Blind, Silence, or Stop (a combination of any of them similar to Byblos), range 4, mild MP cost
5.) Heartless Angel- AoE of 1, range 4; inflicts significant damage, add: Blind, mild MP cost
6.) Forgiveness- Instant KO, high chance of working, high MP cost
7.) Meteor- Massive damage to a large area, massive MP cost

O.o that was fast lol, I will update this to the main post,
Agrias and Ramza second skillset updated to main page, (Ramza's second set needs a name!!!)

Edit
Updating main post with Rogue, Brawler and Sephiroth

WE STILL NEED

Cloud's 3 Skillsets, we really only need a second one
Dante needs 3 skillsets (can be based on Swordmaster, Gunslinger, Trickster or Devil Trigger if need be)
Tesnya (Will have 1 of Ramza's moves from his first skillset)
Guardian

Durbs

Quote from: Elric42 on December 14, 2011, 08:48:56 pm
O.o that was fast lol, I will update this to the main post,
Agrias and Ramza second skillset updated to main page, (Ramza's second set needs a name!!!)

Yeah, I'm on fire right now. No, really! :mrgreen:

What about Archer Duke?

EDIT: Btw, how would you feel if I compiled all the moveset data onto a spreadsheet for easy reference (at the end, of course; it would most likely help with balancing then as well)?

3lric

Quote from: Durbs on December 14, 2011, 09:06:14 pm
Yeah, I'm on fire right now. No, really! :mrgreen:

What about Archer Duke?

Is that a real thing? LOL i always liked the sound of Holy Archer, but Ramza isnt really a member of the church nor is he a Holy Knight. Maybe Duke-Archer, just to display that is a different part of his training in being a Duke, like an Archer extension of the Duke class? I dunno just shootin out ideas lol

Lucifer_zero

Guys, only to you know, i´m going to get back somewhere next week, for now some notes from me

First Off, on the generics, taking a quote from Durbs

QuoteLancer (Offensive): Physical Offences, Fast
Brawler (Well-rounded): Physical Offences, High Phys Defense
Guardian (Support / Defensive): High Phys Defense, High Mag Defense
WMage (Support / Defensive): High Mag Defense, (Defensive / Support) Magic
RMage (Well-rounded): (Support / Defensive) Magic, (Offensive) Magic
BMage (Offensive): (Offensive) Magic, Low Defenses
Elementist (Well-Rounded): Low Defenses, Fast

What i have in mind with it, not the whole skill set, but the thing that each one would shine and be likely exclusive for they, and note that i exchange Lancer and Brawler roles

Lancer (Well-rounded): good balance in stats physical skills that goes from close to a good range, also good defense, as he is one that carries armors

Brawler (Offensive): A full atk oriented, that have really low MP and MA, but in exchange have the most PA of generics + more damage unnarmed and more close range atks, all his skills use the grand power of its PA, and one of the two generics class that have acess to Dont Act and Don Move ( and the only one with both on same skill, still didnt think on a name ), also he can activate Inner Chakra to restore MP to one close friend.

Guardian (Support / Defensive): They focus on giving more survival to party, being the only class with groups Protect, Shell, Esuna and Regen,, also hav some minor cure skills to help futher more on survival, and two Attack skill, one that function to debuff barriers ( Shell / Protect ) and another that cause some recoil on user ( Diablo 2 Sacrifice... )

WMage (Support / Defensive): Strong cures, long range Raise and Raise 2, and acess to a more accurate Reraise, that would define the role of White Mage, with Wall as complementar that gives Protect + Shell to one char, and a Single target Esuna, and acess to Holy Grail, that lift stats that esuna dont ( like vamp / Undead / Death setence ) and, of course, Holy as a single strike.

RMage (Well-rounded): Better Multipliers on MA and PA, not so good with HP/MP, having some ice / Fire / Ligthing skill, Heal and Hi-Heal instead of cure and cura, Heal being single target cure 2, and Hi-Heal being full map party Heal, also acess to Haste / Slow

BMage (Offensive): Take Brawler, and put on inverse, low PA and HP, reaaalllly high MP / MA, instead of having 3 elemetal + neutral skills, IMHO the Black Mage need, considering that we have elementist, 4 tier of neutral magic ( Like, Energy strike, Pulse, Comet, Meteor ), 3 Bio skills ( Bio 1 = Damage + poison, cross AOE, Bio2 = single target damage + one random stats, Bio 3 = single target % damage + Death ), Frog, Flare, and Mana Focus, an auto %recover MP skill, being % combined with some High MP cost, you end not abusing from this class without having it all MP focused.

Elementist (Well-Rounded): another good balance job, a little more Magic oriented, that have at least one skill for each element, each one having one peculiarity coming from the element, like: FIRE - strong attack; ICE - AOE attack that can put dont move, LIGTHING - Fast and with more range that can numb ( dont act ), WATER - long range that remove every efect on target ( be buff or debuff ), WIND - a instant attack that can hit line independet ot heigh ( like a vaccum blade ) can cast silence, EARTH - Hit everyone on 2 range from caster ( Mimic Titan... ) HOLY - holy attack that bllind and put on DEFEND ( you know, like whe the room is too bright and you protect your eyes.... yeah... that suck... -_- ) DARK - Gravity like attack. Ohert skills would end being some element combination and a neutral Attack

Rogue ( Fast ): Steal and fast... simple as that... also, Steal Heart i think that is a must ( as i as always says, Charm is one os most broken stats on this game ), but ill talk better when i have time...

Well... for now is that...

Also, on some notes

I didnt like on Cloud having 16 enemy skills ( or more if even that would be possible ) cuz  having one skill set that have to many skills tend it to be more usefull than expected, and having 16 skill would make you have Cloud as his Enemy skill job for to much time, as you never know where you can find one skill, and there would be too many one time battle where you want to get the skill.

And for Agrias, i think that IF, and only IF, Orlandou get some shine spot on the game at your side, then Agrias doent need Lighting skills,

Well, see ya latter ^^
My english sucks... and i know this.

Currently playing:
- FFT +, by Dome
- CCP, by Celdia

Durbs

December 14, 2011, 09:29:28 pm #238 Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 09:44:06 pm by Durbs
Sorry L_Z, we've already pretty much worked all of this out. We already have skillsets to match their respective roles, except perhaps the Rouge, but you have the same general idea I had.

And no, at this point it doesn't look like we're going to use Orlandu. He might make a small appearance, but he will never be playable. :mrgreen:

EDIT: I did pick up one really obvious point in there that I'd forgotten about, though. Elric, can you tack on Slow into the Red Mage skillset?

3lric

December 14, 2011, 09:51:05 pm #239 Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 09:58:22 pm by Elric42
Quote from: Durbs on December 14, 2011, 09:29:28 pm
Sorry L_Z, we've already pretty much worked all of this out. We already have skillsets to match their respective roles, except perhaps the Rouge, but you have the same general idea I had.

And no, at this point it doesn't look like we're going to use Orlandu. He might make a small appearance, but he will never be playable. :mrgreen:

EDIT: I did pick up one really obvious point in there that I'd forgotten about, though. Elric, can you tack on Slow into the Red Mage skillset?

Adding Slow to Red Mage Set now  :mrgreen:
And the Rouge has already been added Durbs :P, unless we arent using those ones?
The only Generic not done as far as i know is Guardian

Durbs if you could put this into a spreadsheet i will bow to you, it would make it much more organized. And if you like i can get all the tiny job pictures to go with it as well, since i still have them all

EDIT: Main Post Completely up to date (I think?)