• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Final Fantasy X Remake Announced

Started by Eternal248, September 14, 2011, 01:43:22 am

Shade

Funny how we start talking about final fantasy and it changes topic to FFXII.

,but personally I don't mind seeing this remake.... and buying it. At least I am not buying FFXII.
I am not sure what else you could remake most of the old classics had been remaked, those that haven't been remaked are after VI, and VII has way too many games, and FFVIII sucks, so I think FFIX and FFX would be the choices, and they picked the other one(I am thinking that they did not IX, because of that final boss).

So can we talk about FFXII being the creation of the devil????
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Eternal

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

GeneralStrife

It's not that bad. I just wish the main character wasn't such a short fag bag. But et, (basch) is badass. Basch was a hardass. Holy #@$@ he was always in my party. And ashe was pretty boss for some reason. Probably because she looked hot and was so clothed.

Eternal

Well, Basch was meant to be the main character anyways. They added Vaan last-second to appeal to the Japanese audience who didn't react well to an older lead, much like what happened with Ashley Riot in Vagrant Story.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

GeneralStrife

Wish they hadn't. Basch is cool. Baltheir Ashe and Basch. If I was a Furry *shudder* fran cause dat ass was always showing. But basch was cool. FFXII wasn't that bad now that I think of it. I just needed to think about it.

Tea

Zodiac Job version was even better imho. You still had the trying too hard story, Vash and Penelo, but the gameplay was even better.

RandMuadDib

I don't recall the humanoid typhoon being in ffxii... though I didn't play the internatioal zodiac job version.... I should.
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

GeneralStrife

Yeah penislo and vaan just sucked and ruined the rest of the awesome party

DaveSW

I just hope that they are releasing the international version, instead of the original.  Zero work would need to be done outside of upgrading the graphics, as the international version of X already has all the text in both English and Japanese.

Hey, they could add an option to pick which language the cutscenes are in. 
I am awesome.

ramzacloud777

wow this has been forever ago lol. but hey 12 was a really good game i thought. the battle system was really interesting. but i do agree vaan was kind of pointless, and penelo because either had anything to do with the main story, they couldve added way cooler and more useful characters, im ean hell even fran was there for adversity.
but i would love a ff7 remake on ps3, i mean as long as they dont butcher it, which they probably would -_-

Raine816

Well they need something that's...i dunno...actually...GOOD for the Vita, cause so far it has been a waste of money to me and i was a sucker to shell out extra for the 3g. X-2 would be welcomed, for the simple fact of Paine, The real female Cloud imho. Dirge of Cerberus wouldn't be bad either.
Preparing to start on attempting to incorporate the main characters and of FFVII and their unique jobs into Tactics.

Dont hold your breath.

MysticKnightFF5

Bro, it's a brand new console which is completely based on online and has little to no compat with PSP (both retarded moves). It's gonna take awhile to get good.

DonalbaneBeoulve

*sigh* another game console that I will eventually have to cop-up enough dough to purchase if I ever want to be able to play this (along with WOTL and BBS).

Neophyte Ronin

We're almost better off congregating together and designing our own fucking game.

I will play one of those games if I thought the game mechanics were better than good, which is why I still play a couple.  But there are moments where I will ram my head into the wall if I don't have the option to nix an annoying lead character.  If you have the option to switch the punk out and create a dream team, then it doesn't matter how many you got.

Of course, I'm with people on mature characters.  I can't stand how in FFVII people's ages are far, far too damned young to be even thinking about a military career.  According to official timeline, Cloud left for Midgar at fourteen and Zack at around thirteen.  In VIII, it's passable considering the story is supposed to be far-fetched and not well-thought out (it's a story with romance as its main theme, just how rational can you get with that going on?).  But I cross the line when you plant characters designed to appeal to a younger audience despite its extreme thematic inconsistency.  Ivalice and Valendia are grown-up sandboxes.  That whole first chapter in Tactics was a fucking flashback.

But yeah, like I said: it's the game that makes the deal.  Playing Tactics is still cool even if the story is also reasonably cool (still a few undying criticisms of that I won't care to mention).  But X takes it too far, even with a decent game system, and then XII takes one step forward with story and two steps backward with casting.  So, who here wants to consider building a game from scratch?