• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 06:17:51 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Twinees' Sprites

Started by Twinees, September 19, 2009, 09:59:13 am

mav

Quote from: "twinees"I'll submit it soon, depends if people want palette changed, but i want to keep the colours similar to Llyud in RW.
Are you willing to create multiple palettes on this sprite? Keep the same color scheme (red hair, white skin, blue pants) and just modify the colors a bit on palette 1, and 2, and so on, and so forth. It's up to you though.

Lijj

Well it'd be worth the effort now; since you've already put such effort in, might as well do multiple palettes. Also as you mentioned: perhaps just lean these colors a little towards gray; just to desateurate enough.
  • Modding version: PSX

mav

Twinees, if you want this done but don't have the time, send me the BMP and I'll create the palettes for you.

Twinees

I'll send you the bmp mav, since im not really good with palettes. Plus you will probably do a better job at the palette for the portrait.

mav

Awesome, I'll work on a couple today.

mav

Alright, look through the spoiler to see the original palette and the two new ones I created.
Original:

My two new palettes:

The one on the left is darker and really desaturated. The one on the right is in between the original and the one on the left.

If you wanna download all three palettes, download the attached bmp. Input, comments, and criticism are welcome.

Lijj

I like the new left one!

mav

Me too. Can someone test this out in game some time? I'd be happy to see the palettes in-game (and the sprite too, of course).

Lijj

Sure I'll test it out now. I wanted to do a test today anyway.

Twinees

Looking good mav. Hopefully it turns out well ingame.
I agree with you guys on the left one too, has a nice skin tone, not too bright like the original, and the hair has a nice natural fft tone. Great Job.

Lijj

So here are 2 screenshots:
2nd one isn't a great shot nothing seems wrong with the sprite. I don't know if the character I patched over had float shoes on but it still floats when down, probably.

The wings look great!

Twinees

Yeah, the wings took a while to get done. Are you sure float wasnt on? They seem slightly too high in comparison to other characters... hmm... i might test this out. Screenshots look good XD

Lijj

Yeah I probably did. I'm pretty sure that character i patched over had float-shoes on.

mav

Looks good though. Which of the three palettes is that anyways?

Lijj

Oh, it's the 1st so it probably looks even better if palette 3 replaced 1
It is a little too bright , saturated here though. Should have run thru pallete editor

Twinees

Ok this is what i got, look fairly good (looks better than i thought it would).

@lijj   i agree.

mav

This really does look great. I hope a lot of upcoming patches/projects utilize this sprite, cause it's seriously one of the most interesting ones I've seen.

Great job, everybody.

Lijj

This really is a nice sprite. So it must've been float shoes. My bad.

jimmyjw88

Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Twinees

dont judge too hard haha :P
I hope people can guess what it is, otherwise i have failed...