• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Final Fantasy XI: Tactics

Started by AzureEternal, March 24, 2013, 05:49:42 pm

AzureEternal

Howdy, everyone, I'm new to the FFH community, but have been a lover of all things Final Fantasy Tactics for nearly 15 years. Aside from FFT, though, I'm also an avid Final Fantasy XI supporter. It's always saddened me that, due to XI's online exclusivity, many fans of the franchise have never gotten a chance to experience the interesting storylines that populate XI. Thus, I thought that making a Tactics mod, focusing on XI's world, characters, and main story quests would be a great way to bridge the gap between the folks who have always wanted to check out XI's plot, but have never had the desire and/or time to devote to the hundreds of hours it takes to see it all, and those who enjoy the methodical gameplay of FFT.

Now, I'm not much of an artist or programmer, however I am a writer (I write for a few gaming outlets/magazines), and thought that I could maybe assemble a team of a few people to work on this with me. I suppose at this point I'm just sort of gauging interest to see if there's even anyone out there who would enjoy taking on a project such as this. So if anyone is interested in such an endeavor, please get back to me, as I would really like to get this thing off the ground.

Reks

I believe there IS a class-patch for XI somewhere around here. I remember it, because the paladins in it piss me off to no end. They do their job well. TOO well.

But I believe you'd be free to make your own version, which I'd gladly support.... Though I can't edit, hack, or make sprites (well, not very good quality sprites, anyway). But I'm always willing to test and such, so that could be good when things get started.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128