• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:27:08 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

SOR - Team Needed

Started by SentinalBlade, July 24, 2009, 09:02:24 am

SentinalBlade

July 24, 2009, 09:02:24 am Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 04:01:37 pm by SentinalBlade
After talking with a few people who have played SoR on MSN, im actually convinced its way more than worth it to pick this up again. But Voldemort has said it before, and i agree 100%. this needs to be kind of a collaberation.

I need at least 2 other people willing to work with me on this. It doesnt matter what your special skill is; whether your a spriter, or a quick editer, or good with hex. I just need people to help me keep this thing moving at a really good pace. As this project has been going on since november, and i havnt even gotten out of alpha.

Anyone who thinks they can dedicate time to the project(and i mean, actually dedicate) please step forward. I can verify i have lots of spare time now, as im done with hospital appointments, and hardware failure, and college prep.

These men/women would need to have experience with FFTPatcher, able to commit a variable amount of ideas that fit with the current style for SoR, and actively converse with each other(through IM or other means).

No one will be turned away, but if someone has more time to dedicate, or a special skill to commit to the project, they will have priority. (Theres no limit to the team roster size right now, but id prefer it to not be excessively big) Keep in mind though, theres no harm in posting your help, no one will actively be refused without reason. But if you just say you will help just to say it, please refrain from this.

If you would like to see Symbols of Rage Survive, then please, help make it happen!

::::EDIT::::
The current Team is as follows:

1. Leader, Founder: SentinalBlade
2. Developer/Editor: PX_Timefordeath (possibly)

Members so far have time to dedicate to the project, and viable knowledge of the patcher. New ideas are still being batted around, and new members will be sent log files and notes on each new idea.

SilvasRuin

July 24, 2009, 10:56:34 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
I would love to help, but I'm afraid I have no skills.  I've not messed with too many of the tools besides the basic patcher just yet, so I pretty much don't know what I'm doing, for the most part.  Got any tasks that I could learn as I go?  I can't think of any, but maybe you've got a task in mind I'm unaware of.

PX_Timefordeath

July 25, 2009, 03:21:27 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by PX_Timefordeath
Can you PM me the notes? I finally got back on the site.

SentinalBlade

July 29, 2009, 11:32:01 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Positions are still up, and we are nearing the end of Class & concept development. If you want a chance to make your idea into SoR, please feel free to take a position.

I expect to have them done by tommorow afternoon.

Archael

July 29, 2009, 11:44:12 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
what other positions are needed?

SentinalBlade

July 29, 2009, 02:11:50 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Anythign at this point is welcome. although i know a team of just editors will be rather limited on what it can do.

As of right now, im theo nly one doing ASM. its a long shot, but anyone else who can touch the stuff(and is already knowledgeable) would be of graet help.

Id say one more editor. That way, we can divy up sections to be maintained and progressed upon. As of now Darth_Paul is handling ENTD, me and PX are taking care of the other things for now. Since melonhead told me awhile back how to copy and paste certain parts from patch to patch, we can all work individually. Since im doing ASM alot, PX will need help editing other things.

Of course other developers would be helpful.

Recap:

At least 1 more editor
A Spriter(keeping a position opened until filled)
An event editor or ASMer(keeping open until filled. though i will do this myself if we dont have one by the time we need).

Vanya

July 29, 2009, 06:39:10 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
You know you can count on me for the menial task of giving opinions! ^_^
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

SentinalBlade

July 30, 2009, 09:01:48 am #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
We've got those out the ying yang ;)

Vanya

July 30, 2009, 03:35:02 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Yin yang, damn it! >=(

But seriously, I can help out with any minor tasks, too. Basically if you need any small stuff you don't have time for, small graphic edits, research, or whatever I can do it. Just make sure to give me strict time frames to work in.
¯\(°_0)/¯

SentinalBlade

August 21, 2009, 04:03:24 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Hey all. team positions are still open. Right now we could use another developer, i havnt even talked ot darth paul in like...nearly a month

And im not sure PX is still up for this. I had a 2 and a half week costumer-support-wait-time-caused-hiatus. So pretty much, its back to being me again.

This time, as long as you know how to use a patcher, your welcome to apply.

FFMaster

August 21, 2009, 04:37:34 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by FFMaster
I have pretty good knowledge about FFTPatcher, but pretty poor on ideas. I could work as a developer/tester if you really need people.
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

DarthPaul

August 21, 2009, 06:08:05 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Quote from: "SentinalBlade"i havnt even talked ot darth paul in like...nearly a month

Sorry about that one. Just finished off everything school related that has been bogging down all of time. Viva la flexible schedule!
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

PX_Timefordeath

August 21, 2009, 10:31:22 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by PX_Timefordeath
I got school in a few weeks. Viva la... damn.

SentinalBlade

August 23, 2009, 11:17:29 am #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
I would love to finally put you on the team FFM, ill send you the notes and previous chat logs via PM. Let me know on your final descision, we will need to devote alot of time.

akwikone

August 23, 2009, 01:08:35 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by akwikone
I wish I could do something, but my best skill is in the FFTpatcher, and you have enough editors for that, I'm not versed in ASM(I'm trying to learn, but I wouldn't enlist me), or spriting, so I'm stuck in creative free thinker, which as you have stated, you have out the ying-yang.  Other then possably battle director(which you probably will be doing, or will be put in creative free thinking), the positions are filled, except for very specific jobs.

Anyway, enough of me whining about not being able to do anything, I'll try to help by asking what might not be finished. How far along is the story written?  how far is the ENTD planning, I know the jobs are almost finished, but what about boss jobs(this very dependant on the ENTD planning but may still nead to be thought about seperatly), IIRC the items are finished, anything else that might not be finished?

SentinalBlade

August 23, 2009, 01:20:35 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Ive been slowly integrating Skip's Item ideas, but for the most part, nothing is really "complete" until we me and zodiac get "Rage" settled out and working, we cant really balance or brainstorm.

You cant really have to many editors on this. in case someone falls out, or gets a busy week. the more the merrier...to a point of course, but we are far from that point.

Skip Sandwich

August 23, 2009, 01:50:12 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
I'd start up trying to generate some monster idea discussion, but i've been doing some monster edit testing myself, i'm trying to find the least buggy way to let monsters use equipment, i'll let you know how it goes later
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

SentinalBlade

August 23, 2009, 05:05:13 pm #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Go for it, some monster only shit (like harneses for chocobos) would be awesome

=D

Most of your ideas from the previous one will be recycled though skip. and keeps those item ideas coming, i really like most of em.

Skip Sandwich

August 23, 2009, 08:06:05 pm #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
well, for right now i've been focusing on using the undead classes (like 3D undead knight) set to display a monster sprite graphic, with an ability set that takes abilities from the monster I want it to be, this works great, except that those undead jobs are not locked out of the job wheel like normal monster jobs, so they can say, change jobs to a chemist, and then not be able to change back into a monster, so a little bit of ASM work to lock those job slots out of the job wheel would be required, but for the three demi-human monsters (skelleton, goblin and squids), the enhanced equipment options and larger ability set should work to offset the lack of sub-species that this would create. As for giving other monsters equipment, I've yet to tackle that, and i'm not sure if a patcher-only solution is even possible, but i'll get back to you on that.
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

k3yblad3

August 23, 2009, 11:06:43 pm #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by k3yblad3
Sentinel, I'd like to throw my hat into the mix. I'm an amateur at event editing and I can do a couple things as far as regular editing go, but if you can't find anyone else I should be able to help you out. The only problem that I might have is time, seeing as how school just started up again and I'm also doing a little bit of work on my own hack, but overall, I should be able to help you out from time to time. If you need any help just ask.