• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 04:58:41 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Help with Raven's Workbooks and more

Started by Arimala, September 20, 2021, 02:15:36 am

Arimala

September 20, 2021, 02:15:36 am Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 10:00:26 pm by Arimala
I was testing some asm hacks with my patch and came across a small error in PSXfin when I tested the "Equip X and Gender Equips" hack that came from raven's workbooks download here: https://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=7271. PSXfin did not crash and the game ran just fine but I saw this pop up:
cuebin: read sector out of range (234992, max=234992)
cuebin: read sector out of range (235024, max=234992)
cuebin: read sector out of range (235056, max=234992)
cuebin: read sector out of range (235088, max=234992)
cuebin: read sector out of range (235120, max=234992)

Is this something that will break the iso? If so is there a fix or more up to date hack that can accomplish the same thing? Or is this just down to PSXfin and is it time to move on to a new emulator?

I am also curious about the other worksheets and which ones work correctly, specifically these:
Pride's Weapon Proc Rate ASM
Secondadvent's Critical Hit Rate
Pride's Job Defense Boost ASM

Last question, I noticed in the conflict checker that Secondadvent's Critical Hit Rate hack and Glain's Apply Defense (v2) hack overlap in the BATTLE.BIN. From what I can tell, it looks like both of those are located in the 'free space' or whatever its called so I should be able to move one or the other correct? Those are the only 2 hacks that I have seen a conflict with in the checker and I was really hoping to use both.  -After relearning how the conflict checker works I realized it is possible to move since the conflict is not highlighted in red.

After successfully testing 27 custom formula hacks my patch is so close to finally doing a playthrough!  I have 20 more hacks or so to test and see if they are working correctly in game, so any insight into these would be greatly appreciated.
  • Modding version: PSX