• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:38:29 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

ATTACK.OUT editor

Started by Zetaro, February 16, 2011, 11:13:36 pm

Zetaro

can someone tell me about it, its just i cant find much information about how to work it is all.
Everyone will know the name Zetaro!

GeneralStrife

CDMage. Extract your ISO's info. Your other thread - This is how music is changed. Not sure if new music can be imported yet but I know you can change it in battles and such.

RavenOfRazgriz

Extract ATTACK.OUT from your ISO with CDMage, MagicISO, or similar program of choice.

Place ATTACK.OUT and the ATTACK.OUT Editor in the same folder.

Open the ATTACK.OUT Editor. 

You'll then see all the info for the events in the game, including which music tracks are played during battle, the PBFs, whether there's 1-2 PBFs, which map is loaded, etc etc etc.

Feel free to edit as needed to match your event edits.  Remember, the offsets in ATTACK.OUT are 1 fewer than the matching Event's Event Script in Vanilla, though there is no need to actually correlate them in any way if you know how to properly work TEST.EVT, ATTACK.OUT Editor, and the Spreadsheet I posted a Tutorial on.

Zetaro

Everyone will know the name Zetaro!