• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:25:48 pm

Android Save Editing Help

Started by GameGene9060, January 01, 2019, 05:17:38 pm

GameGene9060

I'm looking to replay one of my favorite games of all time on my rooted andriod. I'm just looking to do some save editing to have some fun, nothing crazy. I have retrieved the FFTSAVE.BIN from my phone but have not successfully found a way to convert the .BIN file to a .GME file for use with the FFTastic save editor. I have attempted to use the PSXMemTool but cannot launch it due to the driver PBVM60.dll being missing. The ReadMe says "YOU NEED RUNTIME DLL'S WHICH YOU CAN GET FROM http://psxmemtool.ngemu.com/files/PSXMemTool_Runtime.zip"; but the link simply leads to a page that says this service does not exist.

Does anybody have a copy of the PBVM60.dll installer?

I have also attempted to use LionEditor which seems to work well, but (from what I have found) I needed to copy address 00027984-000279C3 from the original file to the newly modified file as it gets cut off for some reason. When I used adb to push the file back the game does not seem to recognize any save data. I am unsure of specifically what the issue is but I'm assuming that the LionEditor isn't capable of preserving the integrity of the file in some capacity. With the hex edit fix, they are both 162,244bytes. I could also see it being an issue with android recognizing the file as it was placed there by computer and android is finicky that way.

Does anybody have any experience editing saves on the android version?

Thank you in advance for any help in either of these matters.
  • Modding version: WotL

Nyzer

Honestly, I'd just recommend emulating the PSX or PSP versions on your android. They're way more moddable.

We don't have much in the way of mobile support or modding capability here, I'm afraid.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Raijinili

And it's unlikely that there will be such support in the future, due to the requirements for using mods.

Your particular issue, though, I might be able to help with. Check the ownership and permissions for the pushed file. It may be assigned to "root", making it impossible for the app to read the file. You want it to have the same permissions as other files in the same folder.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown