• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 11:02:35 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Fighting Games

Started by cade11, March 12, 2009, 01:07:35 am

cade11

March 12, 2009, 01:07:35 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by cade11
My friend was thinking of creating a fighting game and I was wondering what type of characters would be good for a fighting?

Skip Sandwich

March 12, 2009, 03:29:29 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
I think take a note from teh fan-made Ragnarok Battle Offline and make a 2D fighting game based off of the final fantasy tactics generic classes

Characters
Male Squire
Weapon: Long Sword
Charactistics: average in all respects, the class to which all other classes are compared,

Special moves:
Dash: tackle the enemy, if this hit is a counter hit, then the enemy is also grabbed and thrown to the ground for extra damage
Accumulate: temporally increase offense
Super Move: Scream (termorally become invincible with increased speed and damage)

Female Squire
Weapon: Knife
Characteristics: slightly weaker and shorter reach then the male squire, but faster and better movement (longer dashes, higher jumps)
Special Moves:
Dash: the female squire's dash travels a shorter distance, but is faster and can also be performed in mid-air, it has no special effect on a counter hit though
Monster Skill: call a goblin (weak attack) or chocobo (heavy attack) to appear and attack your opponent (the goblin jumps in front of you and uses turn punch, the chocobo dashes across the length of the screen trying to trample the opponent)
Yell: temporally increase speed and movement ability
Super Move: Ultima

Male Chemist
Weapon: Mithril Dagger
Characteristics: slow, with weak standard attacks, but very dangerous once transformed
Special moves
X-Potion: Recover health
Hi-Ether: partly fills the chemist's super bar
Remedy: restore's the chemist's status to normal
Super Move: Equip Change; equip the Stone Gun, replacing your weak knife strikes with powerful ranged attacks

Female Chemist
Weapon: FA Bag
Charateristics: unlike most female characters, the female chemist is actually slower and more powerful then her male counterpart, with suprisingly good reach
Special Moves
X-Potion: recover health
Throw Item: throw a random item onto the field, that has one of the following effects to the character that picks it up (health recover, super bar boost, regen, haste, berserk, protect, poison, slow, weapon break, armor break)
Super Move: Move-Find Item; if the innital hit connects, opponent is pushed into a series of traps that cause damage and leave them poisoned, the final hit is a treasure chest that pops up from underground and launches the opponent into the air and showers the chemist with treasure, causing her to recover a bit of health and enter regen status
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com