• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:43:37 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Voldemort's continuing decent into madness:

Started by Havermayer, December 07, 2011, 10:06:02 pm

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Quote*Branching Storyline/Better Event Script System

Makes me wonder a bit.  TO - TKOL didn't really have a branching storyline like the kind in TO - LUCT.

And my only complaint about ID is that their forum is really damn slow and it lags when I scroll up or down.

Eternal

I think it's great that FFT is still getting love, even if it's via 1.3 or other projects. That can't be said about a ton of games out there that also deserve that attention (I'm looking at you, Lunar series), so- in its own way- FFH has made FFT, well, more timeless than it was before.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

GeneralStrife

If everyone pitched in more FFT would be even more timeless if Mercs and Remix never died. Kokojo never gave up on cop though, and PW we still have to see what happens

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: Havermayer on December 08, 2011, 05:37:21 pm
You know what?  Totally fucking worth it. 

Why reinvent the wheel when you don't have to?
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

That's what tethical is doing.

ARGH, just caught the context in that.  Tethical, or it's single player sucessor, will eventually replace FFT as our flagship mod.  At least, I think so.

Archael7

December 08, 2011, 06:11:33 pm #26 Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 06:21:35 pm by Archael7
Voldemort here (yes, its me, if you want proof that its me, ask if I made this post on ID and I will verify that I made this account).

Some people directed me to this post LOL'ing at the fact that its been over a year since I leave and there's STILL whining about 1.3 on here. Seriously? C'mon guys, I am sure you have your own projects and endeavors to worry about now.

I can't believe that its been a year since I left this place and there's STILL people stalking my updates to 1.3 then reporting them here as if it were some sort of sin that I keep working on my project with the ideas and concepts that are worked on at ID.

Yes, I replaced Panthers with Tonberries. Why didn't I pick Uribos? Because I'm eventually replacing those with Cactuars. Why am I going to do that? Because its my project, because I want to, and because I can create good gameplay for them that also promotes balance and re-playability.

QuoteIf 1.3 becomes big again (and by consequence, Arch/ID)

lol. If it gets big again? 1.3 was never "big" on FFH in the first place. 1.3 has had more downloads and more video related views in the past year than in the 2.5 years it was hosted here.

Do you enjoy 1.3? Awesome, then play it! Do you hate the direction I'm taking 1.3 in? Awesome, don't play it!

@ Havermayer / OP / or whatever your name is: A handful of 1.3 haters making a topic here gives me more views / downloads / overall buzz than you can imagine. It does not detract from 1.3, it only helps it grow even more. I know you can't comprehend this, hence this topic with all its stupidity.

It's shit like this and posts like these that lets me be 1000% sure that never working on this site again was the right decision.

@ The hard workers that actually care about the real work being done here instead of creating more drama like FormerDeathCorps: Props to you man. I feel your pain of having to deal with this BS. Mad respect.

People like the OP, instead of contributing to this site, do it a disservice by wanting to start drama. Drama which just wastes your members time on other peoples projects (1.3) and only serves to give 1.3 even MORE attention, instead of helping the projects on FFH. Those are the people who you should be banning, instead of generating free Buzz (thanks) on members that left the site A YEAR AGO.

I have some serious respect for some people on here (including the ones that visit ID and ffh like Twinees and don't let petty shit get in the way of working on what makes them happy).

But this shit is sad to see.

Eternal

I agree that people should play what they do like, and not what they don't. I'm happy that you decided not to work here on FFH any more, since now you're happy and we're producing a ton more stuff.

I think the problem people are having, Arch, is that 1.3 is so different than it was, say, back at 1.3030, which really tried to stick tride and true to Vanilla. So seeing some of these latest changes... people have to wonder what's going on. It's a very different feel than old 1.3, so people are going to be naturally leery of them. If you are changing what your goals are (which is perfectly fine), what are they now then?
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Eternal

I also welcome you to join us on IRC. I, for one, would enjoy having a one-on-one discussion with you regarding this matter.

Dome

Voldemort!
I see you haven't changed a bit! That's...well...whatever
While you are here, can you tell me why I get this error message everytime I try to see ID's forum?

I sent you a PM on youtube, and also informed BastardPoetry about the matter, but to no avail
Did you ban me for some bullshit reason?

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Archael7

December 08, 2011, 06:32:52 pm #30 Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 06:44:58 pm by Archael7
Quote from: Eternal248 on December 08, 2011, 06:20:13 pm
I'm happy that you decided not to work here on FFH any more, since now you're happy and we're producing a ton more stuff.

Looking at the site again, the only thing that has been done in a year is some progress on Tethical, which at this rate, is another dead project in Archives because the manhours that its going to take to finishing it and turning it into a 100% FFT engine clone is bigger than you can imagine. It's cool, but its not an attainable goal and anyone who knows about finishing things knows this is true. I don't mean to be a negative nancy, but think about it for a second.

If Tethical is ever finished, I will donate 500 US$ to FFH. I am this confident that it won't ever happen. You can quote me on that. If you ever finish a full storyline / event hack, I will record all of it and promote it on my Youtube. Again, you can quote me. But I know that it also won't ever happen, because this is like history repeating itself, and ppl doing things as a hobby instead of driving to create a finished product.

About your other projects, it's cool that you have fun working on them, but there is still no finished storyline mods that I can play on this site. FFT+ is a 1.3 clone (there's like 100 of those floating around, no offense). Parted Ways, which I don't see being finished anytime in the next 3 years (again no offense, this is just what I see) and other fun mods like CCP that you can play if you're bored. Kokojo's project is another one that is lightyears away from being done, with no work force in sight bent on finishing it.

It seems that everyone ignores Asmo's sticky about finishing games!

QuoteI think the problem people are having, Arch,

You really have no reason to have a "problem". 1.3 will continue to exist whether people here disagree or not. It's totally irrelevant. You having a problem 1.3's updates is a waste of your own time, and is only serving to help 1.3 grow at this point.

QuoteI think the problem people are having, Arch, is that 1.3 is so different than it was, say, back at 1.3030, which really tried to stick tride and true to Vanilla. So seeing some of these latest changes... people have to wonder what's going on. It's a very different feel than old 1.3, so people are going to be naturally leery of them. If you are changing what your goals are (which is perfectly fine), what are they now then?

This is 1.3's description:

FFT 1.3 is a fan-made modification of the game Final Fantasy Tactics for the Play Station and Play Station Portable gaming systems. There's thousands of minor changes that add up to big differences. Generally speaking, 1.3 increases difficulty, adds new random battles to the world map and Deep Dungeon, improves monsters, and re-balances the skills and items to make the game more fun and challenging.

Adding in a few spells or monster sprites won't change that. They are still the same goals. The whole "OMG 1.3 is straying too far from its original goals!! AHHH!" is just an excuse some people are trying to formulate so they can say the mod is worse now than it was before. Untrue. If we're going by popularity, it's bigger now than ever. Bigger than any project here, bigger than 1.3 ever was here.

I'm going off topic. You guys should listen to FDC and the people focused on making things. Not this OP whiner.

QuoteI, for one, would enjoy having a one-on-one discussion with you regarding this matter.

No thanks. I only stopped by to give my sympathies to FDC and people with their eyes open like him. There's nothing to discuss. 1.3 will continue to be updated as I see fit (because I am its editor), and ID will continue to grow. This will hold true regardless of how many projects end up getting canned here, whether they ever had a chance of being finished into something we can play or not.

Eternal

You seem to be forgetting that CCP and CoP Chapter II are also done, and have become quite popular among certain other communities. Koko and I have begun work on CoP Chapter III, with many fun things in store for it!

Regarding 1.3, by all means, have at the new changes! If that's what you want to do, go for it. That's the point of modding- to craft things as you see fit. But excuse or no, you can't deny that 1.3 has changed quite a bit since 1.3029/1.3030 and that it's likely to draw criticism for it.

As I mentioned above, I don't believe people should play things they don't enjoy. However, people are going to be vocal about why they don't enjoy it. I guess my point is this: 1.3 has changed a lot since it was hosted on FFH, and a lot of the changes seem very random. It's okay to say that you're just changing the game to be more fun or balanced, but people want more than that. A specific reason why you changed such-and-such.

Let's take FFVI Hardtype, for example. At first, there was criticism because I divided magic up more to each character, since in the original, anyone can learn anything. People first thought that it was just a lolchange, and disregarded it. However, when I explained that it was to make each character more unique and distinct, people were better with it.

Ultimately, I don't care what 1.3 does that much because I don't play it. However, those that do/have played it and care... they might want a better explanation than what you're saying. Just my two Gil, is all.

Archael7

Quote from: Eternal248 on December 08, 2011, 06:46:36 pm
You seem to be forgetting that CCP and CoP Chapter II are also done, and have become quite popular among certain other communities. Koko and I have begun work on CoP Chapter III, with many fun things in store for it!

Uh huh

QuoteI guess my point is this: 1.3 has changed a lot since it was hosted on FFH, and a lot of the changes seem very random. It's okay to say that you're just changing the game to be more fun or balanced, but people want more than that. A specific reason why you changed such-and-such.

You sound like I owe people an explanation, like I must go as a herald to every site that pays attention to 1.3 and explain my changes personally after I make them.

That's not how it works, man.

You want to know why 1.3 receives its recent changes? Go to ID.

But in troll topics like these you certainly won't find answers, only people circle jerking about Voldemort and his mad descent into 1.3 updates, which are apparently so bad that they have caused it to be the biggest FFT mod ever.

That crazy Arch! What will he do now!

Anyway I didn't come here to discuss this pointless crap with you, just to tell FDC that I sympathize.

See you around bros

Dome

December 08, 2011, 06:56:05 pm #33 Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 07:01:07 pm by Dome
1)
Quote from: Dome on December 08, 2011, 06:27:17 pm
Voldemort!
I see you haven't changed a bit! That's...well...whatever
While you are here, can you tell me why I get this error message everytime I try to see ID's forum?

I sent you a PM on youtube, and also informed BastardPoetry about the matter, but to no avail
Did you ban me for some bullshit reason?

2) Popularity =/= Quality
3) That's not the original patch description, you changed it when you left FFH in order to add custom/random stuff to attract more people (Onion/Dark knight, Boco the white chocobo, Marche, etc etc)
4) By your logic, 1.3 is a clone of 1.2 which is a clone of 1.1

P.s: To be honest, I don't think 1.3 it's bad
The only thing that bothers me is that it looks more like a "Arch Class Patch" instead of a rebalancing mod (which always claimed to be)

Serdash

I'm just curious as to how many of you that are whining about this actually PLAY 1.3?  It's a very difficult mod, and I think it's one that not "everyone" can play casually and still have fun with.  Looks like a lot of bitching just to bitch.  Also, as Celdia said, is it even worth your time to keep making these threads?

I would also like to note, how many times do any of you visit ID and see a thread made mocking some new release to a patch made over here?  Zero.  (Maybe that's because there's never anything released)  We don't spend half our time scanning your forums for shit we can poke at and give random criticism on without playing it.  Have you even given the new 1.3 a shot and seen that the new tonberry might actually be a good implementation?  I highly doubt it.

Seriously guys.  Grow the fuck up.  It would be different if he was over here posting shit about it and throwing it in your face, but Voldemort isn't even provoking you in any way anymore.

Get over it.

Zaen

Dome... 1.1 and 1.2 were super minor WP MP, CT, JP amount, Skillset for Calc changes. Honestly, they're almost insignificant.
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

Dome

Quote from: SerdashI'm just curious as to how many of you that are whining about this actually PLAY 1.3?  It's a very difficult mod, and I think it's one that not "everyone" can play casually and still have fun with.

Me, FFMaster, and many others finished ALL 1.3 fights except the "Impossible" ones
We played (And finished) a lot of versions of the patch

Quote from: Serdash(Maybe that's because there's never anything released)

CCP, FFT: Plus, CoP, PW...yeah, nothing released so far

The only thing in which I agree is that this topic wasn't needed, at all

Eternal

Not saying you -need- to give them an explanation, but it would likely mitigate people thinking they're all just random changes because you felt like it. And, if they are, and you say that, at least it's an explanation.

Do I agree with how Haver went about this thread? Not particularly, but that doesn't mean we all feel as he does. There will always be a few folks who won't like you or your work. Just take it as criticism, and choose whether to act on it or not.

Dome

Quote from: Zaen on December 08, 2011, 07:03:47 pm
Dome... 1.1 and 1.2 were super minor WP MP, CT, JP amount, Skillset for Calc changes. Honestly, they're almost insignificant.

1.3 is based on them, like Arch says in 1.3's description, right?
He put a huge amount of work on it to "Turn" 1.2 in 1.3...and I did the same for FFT: Plus
I see no difference, and I don't see why FFT: Plus should be addressed as a 1.3 clone while 1.3 shouldn't be called a 1.2 clone

GeneralStrife

Quote from: Serdash on December 08, 2011, 07:01:01 pm
I'm just curious as to how many of you that are whining about this actually PLAY 1.3?  It's a very difficult mod, and I think it's one that not "everyone" can play casually and still have fun with.  Looks like a lot of bitching just to bitch.  Also, as Celdia said, is it even worth your time to keep making these threads?

I would also like to note, how many times do any of you visit ID and see a thread made mocking some new release to a patch made over here?  Zero.  (Maybe that's because there's never anything released)  We don't spend half our time scanning your forums for shit we can poke at and give random criticism on without playing it.  Have you even given the new 1.3 a shot and seen that the new tonberry might actually be a good implementation?  I highly doubt it.

Seriously guys.  Grow the fuck up.  It would be different if he was over here posting shit about it and throwing it in your face, but Voldemort isn't even provoking you in any way anymore.

Get over it.

And we don't go over to your site post obscenities do we?