• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:54:52 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

*SOLVED* HELP! Cannot find save files in Android!

Started by Ortega, May 08, 2020, 03:35:44 am

Ortega

May 08, 2020, 03:35:44 am Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 04:51:29 am by Ortega
I am running WOTL through Android on the MEMU emulator (my PC's OS is Win10). Although I have 3 save files in my game, they do not appear to exist anywhere in the android folders! I've read a similar thread on this very board and no one seemed to have the same problem I do.

I think the correct path is 0/Android/data/com.square_enix.android_googleplay.FFT_en2/files , however, there is nothing in this directory! I tried looking for the directory some others suggested, /data/data/com.square_enix.android_googleplay.FFT_en2/files/, but that path doesn't exist unless I'm somehow overlooking it.
No message is associated with this attachment.

MEMU's built-in file explorer has a search option, so I used it to find "fft". I found 10 files, but none of them are any kind of save file. The only files found that were not folders were a png and the ogg file which I think is the game itself as it is 779 MB.

No message is associated with this attachment.

I ran across a comment on reddit where someone said the Android game does not allow you to access save files(!?) and they aren't stored on a cloud. Then where the hell are they? Is my emulator somehow not "rooted" and the files are invisible? I downloaded a 3rd party file explorer and got the same results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Ortega

SOLVED. It seems MEMU doesn't come rooted by default. Why, I have no idea. As an emulator running on the PC, I can't imagine a good reason why this is not always enabled. For future reference, here is how to root your MEMU and access your FFT saves.

Rooting MEMU
In MEMU's Home screen, go to Tools, then File Manager. Click on the 3 Bars icon in the top left, then click on the gear (settings) icon that appears in the new menu. Go to general settings, then advanced. Click on "Access Mode" and change it to "Root Access Mode" instead of the default setting. Now exit these menus and COMPLETELY CLOSE AND RE-OPEN MEMU.

Finding your saves in MEMU
Now find your FFT save. The directory is /data/data/com.square_enix.android_googleplay.FFT_en2/files/. The file will be named FFTSAVE.BIN and will likely be under 1 MB in size.

Accessing your saves on the PC
You need to move the file somewhere your PC can see it. Select FFTSAVE.BIN by checking the box next to it. Now navigate to a place MEMU has said it will send files to the PC. One such location by default is /storage/emulated/legacy/Pictures/Screenshots. You can also get close to this directory by selecting the sdcard folder instead of storage, but they both lead to the same place. The file does not have to be a PNG, GIF, etc. Now click on the 3 dots in the upper right and select "Paste Selected Item Here". Once this has completed, the file should appear in your PC, and you should be able to modify the file using LIOS editor.

Using your edited save
Navigate to your saves in /data/data/com.square_enix.android_googleplay.FFT_en2/files/ and delete the FFTSAVE.BIN. Copy your edited FFTSAVE.BIN from /storage/emulated/legacy/Pictures/Screenshots (or wherever else you stored it) and place it in /data/data/com.square_enix.android_googleplay.FFT_en2/files. Now it should be modified when you load it in-game.

heretik

I am running WOTL from Android real device (purchased from playstore).

I found these folders but it's empty:
0/Android/data/com.square_enix.android_googleplay.FFT_en2/files/
/data/data/com.square_enix.android_googleplay.FFT_en2/files/

Is there a way to get the saved file in my phone?

DigitalIP

Quote from: heretik on November 09, 2023, 04:39:30 amI am running WOTL from Android real device (purchased from playstore).

I found these folders but it's empty:
0/Android/data/com.square_enix.android_googleplay.FFT_en2/files/
/data/data/com.square_enix.android_googleplay.FFT_en2/files/

Is there a way to get the saved file in my phone?

Only rooted devices will show the files
If you use a PC Android emulator like discussed above you'll be able to.