• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:45:17 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Need help getting LionEdit to work...

Started by Punkioinapit713, March 03, 2020, 12:31:50 am

Punkioinapit713

So I'm trying to use lionedit I cannot uo my memory stick because I don't have a card reader for that size. I can you the tiny mini or put it in a bigger SD card. But then It say it needs a memory stick. I then go to another way. Edit, import character and i find my save. Yet when I selected it does nothing after I select it. literally nothing at all. I would really like some help on this on...
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.

-Leonardo da Vinci
  • Discord username: Punkioinapit713

yamish

Did you change the file name? Should extract something like FFT.SYS or FFTA.SYS (typing this from memory as i drive), then rename it to lioneditor.bin, edit this in lioneditor, rename back to FFTA.SYS, import back into your save file.

Edit: please do not make multiple topics for the same issue. Keep it in one thread.
  • Discord username: riggz raggz

Nyzer

Quote from: yamish on March 03, 2020, 06:17:32 pmplease do not make multiple topics for the same issue. Keep it in one thread.

Agreed. Since your previous post had no particularly useful replies I deleted that one instead, but avoid this in the future.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Punkioinapit713

YAmish THank you for that info. I can now try and use it... Unfortunately I hit another wall. I select said save that was renamed and nothing happens... I must be doing it wrong or something. Anyway, it sucks. I've been told it easy to use and I'm sure it is. But I'm having my own luck with this... Oh well.... Anyways thank you. Sorry about making multiple topics for the same thing... But again thank you for your help. I'll keep hammering away until I find something...
I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.

-Leonardo da Vinci

yamish

are you making sure to decrypt the saves first?
  • Discord username: riggz raggz

Punkioinapit713

No I don't even know how or why... Sorry New to all of this. I cannot even find where my saves are going to so I can use the editor and play around with it.

-Leonardo da Vinci

Punkioinapit713

-Leonardo da Vinci

Nyzer

Even if anyone active here lately had experience with save file editing, no one can help without knowing exactly what you're doing, dude. Every step of what you're doing. Screenshots of your error messages. That kinda stuff.

Punkioinapit713

I first went to gamefaqs and downloaded a save from said site, for the PSP version of FFT wotl and put it  on a memory stick and inserted that into my PSP. Then I go to load it and its as if it is not there at all... I don't know how to fix that so it will show up and I am able to use it... AGHGHHGHGGHGGHHGHHG!!! Rage Quit and throws PSP into the garbage machine and flips it on. ROFL! Nah man, I wouldn't do that, now if I were five again then yes. LOL!

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/psp/937312-final-fantasy-tactics-the-war-of-the-lions/saves
that's the site

Save Game File   12/04/14   MasteredFiles   428K
New Game+ File, 1 of each class, Start of game, ZERO leveled in Multiplayer

That's the save I tried using...

Not sure what other details you need...

-Leonardo da Vinci

Nyzer

I notice you don't say you unzipped the file. Or even specify where on the memory stick you put everything, as IIRC there is a specific location to put save files...

Punkioinapit713

ok sorry I did unzip with WinRar and I don't have a card reader that allows me to use the memory stick I have to use the micro sd and put it in a reader and then plug the reader into to usb port then I copy the files from the my cpu and put them on the micro sd then I put the micro sd into a memory stick that takes it then I start up the game and nothing... I'm very sorry I'm not used to talking about all of these steps. I'm not used to someone asking me to go over things step by step like this. I'm trying so don't get mad that I left something out... Anyways... I tried it again today... I never checked the area on the game menu that says save data utility... It showed the save there but when I go to load it and play it. Nothing... No save data found... Weird...

-Leonardo da Vinci

Nyzer

Quote from: Punkioinapit713 on March 11, 2020, 09:56:09 pmI'm very sorry I'm not used to talking about all of these steps

There's a reason that most basic IT support starts out by asking someone to turn the device on and off again, to make sure it's plugged in, etc. Nothing can be taken for granted.

I'd mention again to be sure that you put this save in the right spot. The PSP could possibly have blank "save data" for the game that doesn't actually have a file, reading your previously existing "data" rather than what you've copied to the memory stick.

I really don't remember any specifics about a PSP save file. My PSP bit the dust quite some time ago, and I moved on to phone emulation... also quite some time ago.

All I can say at this point is to try one of the other save files. I find the naming of this save file suspicious, because WotL does not have a New Game Plus option. At least not on the PSP. If you try other save files and it's still not working, then the likelihood that you're the cause of the problem increases. You'd need to make sure you're putting it in the right place and that it's the right save file type for the game you're running. If I were you I'd make 100% sure that you're using a US game, too, and not some European import or whatever.

Punkioinapit713

Yeah you are right. I have to get used to starting with the "yes my psp turns off and on" and all the rest. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk I'm just trying to follow instructions and not used to the debriefing. I'll start from the top like you suggested and report back after I have done so.

-Leonardo da Vinci

Nyzer

Doing basic troubleshooting on your own is important as well. You're the only one with access to your devices and data. No one else is in a position to pick it up and narrow down whether the problem is the PSP, the save file, the way you handled the save file(s), etc. If X doesn't work under Y circumstances, you need to see if they work under Z circumstances. Or if W works under Y circumstances instead.

Punkioinapit713

My problem is that I can see my two games saves. One was from actually play FFT WOTL and the other was a downloaded save from gamefaqs... I one I played shows up and is playable the downloaded one shows yet is not playable. As in they are both showing up in the Saved Data Utility as saves. But when I go to play the game only one is there, the one I played. If I drop any new save into my save folder for some reason they don't show up in the load screen as an option to play. I feel as though there maybe a file there that maybe missing and that can potentially be the issue here maybe I copied everything yet that person who packaged these files for the game save left something out. Or more likely  that I messed up somehow... Yeah, the user error option seems like it may carry a lot of weight here, no wonder I'm sinking in this quicksand...

-Leonardo da Vinci

Nyzer

Open your game normally and save to a second save slot. If that doesn't then show three save files in your save manager, then the save you just downloaded is for a different version of WotL somehow.

Punkioinapit713

ok cool I'll give it a shot, Thank you!

-Leonardo da Vinci

greaterfiend

This seems to be the newest topic regarding Lion Editor, so I'll post this here, I hope I'm in the right place.  I got a new computer, downloaded ppsspp and FFT, and Lion Editor, but when I try to open the Lioneditor.bin file, nothing is happening.  I made sure to open ppsspp.ini and set encryptsave to false, but that's still not working.  I even turned on my old computer to see what the difference was (works fine in old computer), and it shows 4 folders inside the ppsspp folder (assets, flash0, lang, memstick), and 4 files (LICENSE, PPSSPPwindows, PPSSPPWindows64, README.md).  New computer has 1 folder (assets, no memstick folder), and 5 files (d3dcompiler_47.dll, d3dcompiler_47x86.dll, PPSSPPWindows, PPSSPPWindows64, README.md).  Could that be the issue?  New computer is windows 10, old is 7.  Sorry if this is in the wrong spot.