• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 03:09:02 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Just need to know things about starting to edit..

Started by evan212, October 21, 2010, 08:01:57 pm

evan212

October 21, 2010, 08:01:57 pm Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 04:54:31 pm by evan212
!

Mari

You got 10 same answers from 10 stupid people.
bin is fine, leave it at bin.

I use img/sub/ccd

No need for changing format of things anyways.

Iso, img, bin, whatever. They all work.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
As the puppeteer pulls His strings,
The fragile doll spreads Her wings.
To dance a ballet as He directs
That is the Curse of the Marionette.

Controlled by a hand far, far above,
Forbidden to care, forbidden to love.
Forever shall She mime what She cannot know,
Until the day She loses her illusory glow.

Propped up on a stilt where wine once stood,
The Marionette is, once more, only wood.
Her glossy eyes have lost their shine,
Her silken hair, turned to twine.

What a fate awaits the poor little doll,
Who dances and runs but cannot stand at all.
And the puppeteer is applauded at the end of every show,
But the audience's joyous response the doll can never know.

I am but a doll on an endless stage,
Dancing for others whilst I slowly age.
My puppeteer sits far above,
Hiding His face behind a white glove.

And when I have aged to nothing but wood,
I will be tucked away in a closet where a doll once stood.
Then, as I gather dust and the world passes by,
I will be forgotten by the vast, blue sky.

ffta707

Quote from: "Mari"You got 10 same answers from 10 stupid people.
bin is fine, leave it at bin.

I use img/sub/ccd

I used to use bin. Now I use Img, CCD, and Sub also. (Lost my FFT Disc a month ago)

evan212

October 21, 2010, 10:04:21 pm #3 Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 04:54:55 pm by evan212
!..

philsov

Quotewhat image formats are supported with the programs here that edit text, sprites, and such.
Quotebin is fine, leave it at bin.

I use img/sub/ccd

Quotesorry if it's a fucking pain for you to answer a simple fucking question from a nice member that needs help!!!!

Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Mari

October 21, 2010, 10:55:14 pm #6 Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 11:05:08 pm by Mari
I answered your question.
You asked what formats work. I told you.

You're the one getting angry for no reason.

Also, let's break this down.

In common use, an "ISO" is a file that contains the complete image of a disc. Such files are often used when transferring CD-ROM images over the Internet. Depending on who you're talking to, "ISO" may refer to all disc image files or only certain kinds.

Going by the more restrictive definition, an "ISO" is created by copying an entire disc, from sector 0 to the end, into a file. Because the image file contains "cooked" 2048-byte sectors and nothing else, it isn't possible to store anything but a single data track in this fashion. Audio tracks, mixed-mode discs, CD+G, multisession, and other fancy formats can't be represented.

To work around this deficiency, software companies developed their own formats that *could* store diverse formats.
Jeff Arnold's CDRWIN created them as "BIN" files, with a separate "cue sheet" that described the contents.

A ".ISO" file that contains an image of an ISO-9660 filesystem can be manipulated in a number of ways: it can be written to a CD-ROM; mounted as a device with the Linux "loopback" filesystem (e.g. "mount ./cdimg.iso /mnt/test -t iso9660 -o loop"); copied to a hard drive partition and mounted under UNIX; or viewed with MagicISO under Windows. There is no guarantee, however, that a ".ISO" file contains ISO-9660 filesystem data. And it is quite common to hear people refer to things as "ISO" which aren't.

Now while .bins can be renamed to .iso and work.
This is not always the case.

You're getting angry for no valid reason at all.
We TOLD YOU there is no reason for you to switch any formats, yet you insist there is.
Our programs work fine with everything.

You're the one getting pissy because your friends are giving you mediocre directions.
The easy way around things is not always the most efficient, nor does it work at all, in some cases.

You call us assholes and rude, but I'm seeing nothing but the same from your own posts.

If you ask me, I'm fine with you leaving.
No one here is required to help you with anything.
You should be glad we took the time out to even bother with you.
But no, you go on about useless things and bitch and moan.

Good riddance with you.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
As the puppeteer pulls His strings,
The fragile doll spreads Her wings.
To dance a ballet as He directs
That is the Curse of the Marionette.

Controlled by a hand far, far above,
Forbidden to care, forbidden to love.
Forever shall She mime what She cannot know,
Until the day She loses her illusory glow.

Propped up on a stilt where wine once stood,
The Marionette is, once more, only wood.
Her glossy eyes have lost their shine,
Her silken hair, turned to twine.

What a fate awaits the poor little doll,
Who dances and runs but cannot stand at all.
And the puppeteer is applauded at the end of every show,
But the audience's joyous response the doll can never know.

I am but a doll on an endless stage,
Dancing for others whilst I slowly age.
My puppeteer sits far above,
Hiding His face behind a white glove.

And when I have aged to nothing but wood,
I will be tucked away in a closet where a doll once stood.
Then, as I gather dust and the world passes by,
I will be forgotten by the vast, blue sky.

evan212

October 21, 2010, 11:04:45 pm #7 Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 04:55:14 pm by evan212
!...

philsov

my feelings are hurt.   I tried to help you hex edit the game, even did a little myself to try and make the game playable for you.  I answered your questions and in the process made fun of your complete inability to use a period correctly.  Then when I answer an offtopic comment to the best of my ability, noting especially how completely irrelevant and pointless it is to do what you're suggesting, you get upset.  

But I'll take the high road here.

Peace dude.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Jon

This is lol magic! Evan212 comes on here, asks for help, both Philsov and Mari give the damn answers which already are totally obvious, then Evans flips out and says stuff like "take your comments and shove them up your ass". LOLOLOL! Evans then goes on to say "I am quitting this site" blah blah blah, both Mari and Philsov post something and he jumps right back in and starts bitching. I love this. Philsov, you are appreciated, trust me don't listen to this jerk weed. The best part is that he calls himself a "good" person and member. The only thing he is good at is bitching and whining like a little bitch. LOL! Evans, you sir are a fucking retard! Keep going with more of this crap! :more:

Edit: On second thought, I think I will help you Evans212. What you need to do is unzip your pants, take your FFT cd and shove it up your own ass! Philsov and Mari are both excellent members of this community who actually contribute something on here, you ass clown!
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Kill_Bones

Lol this evan guy is one sensitive little bitch.. learn to laugh at yourself or GTFO. Seriously I didn't find one statement in this P.O.S. drama that would have even offended me. Actually the only even remotely insulting stuff CAME FROM THE EVAN GUY LOL. mari and philsov explained stuff kindly. I deem this kid to be trolling.

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Quote from: "evan212"
Quote from: "philsov"
Quotewhat image formats are supported with the programs here that edit text, sprites, and such.
Quotebin is fine, leave it at bin.

I use img/sub/ccd

Quotesorry if it's a fucking pain for you to answer a simple fucking question from a nice member that needs help!!!!

this was originally the main problem simply people acting like asshole sorry to include you into the picture ffta707 ... you did nothing wrong and were nice...

philsov I am dissapointed in as when he answers a question "no matter how simple the question is" he always has to add some smart ass remark ...

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6050

as noted here ...

mocks me using .... where ... what just what i did when i was pausing

states pebkac to a simple question ... that should have had 2 basic functions .... yes/no..... and why/
instead he just spams senseless things making it hard for new people who just ask questions to get an answer without any shitty comments.

"Philsov says"
Either way, your real question is answered, and I'm now locking this before I keep on editing this with excessive use of italics/bold just to convey exactly how stupid your last post was.

so was this comment needed? I think not.
that is what made me mad... but there really is no counsel I can consult ... I am sure if i went above him I would get the same exact response ...
that is therefore the why I just conclude I quit this site ...

so after reading that .... and even before I "started being an asshole" although he was saying some pretty rude things i basically "tried" to ignore him..
locking the post was rediculous ...

so to all who were helpful without the drama text

thanks~ and farewell

Advice, in no particular order.
*Use correct punctuation.
*Use spell check.
*Capitalize the first letter of a sentence.
*There is no reason to use a page-expanding line of apostrophes to divide your text.  Use the enter key, or, even better, correct sentence structure.
*Leave your emotional problems at home.  If your rant about perceived insults is longer than your advice, then you're talking too much.  Keep it short and to the point.
*If you're going to be excessively emotional, then don't leave your state of residence and age on your FFHacktics profile, and don't keep a flikr, youtube, and who knows what else with the same user name as your FFHacktics user name, because no one here will hesitate to fuck with you if you fuck with us.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/84663467@N00/
http://il.youtube.com/user/evan212
*Don't ever post a link to another user name on another site.  Now I know you're probably going to college, so you're on facebook.
*Don't post links to ROM sites.

ffta707

Hey even, editing you posts and putting "!...." doesn't help since to people already quoted them.

DaveSW

All I have to add is that I think the community here is pretty awesome, and incredibly helpful.
I am awesome.

Jon

Hes a jackass as well, now he thinks that newer people will read this and make a pity case for him. "Oh look how mean the people are to poor Evans!"

Evans do us all a favor and never come back. Plus "editing" your posts goes against the whole "I am leaving and never coming back" ideaology. You must be a pretty desperate person, with low intelligence, besides you can't even figure out how to do the obvious.

ffta707

Quote from: "Jon"Hes a jackass as well, now he thinks that newer people will read this and make a pity case for him. "Oh look how mean the people are to poor Evans!"

Evans do us all a favor and never come back. Plus "editing" your posts goes against the whole "I am leaving and never coming back" ideaology. You must be a pretty desperate person, with low intelligence, besides you can't even figure out how to do the obvious.

Good point.

Kill_Bones

It blows my mind that his account info says he's 26 years old... You mean 2+6 RIGHT???

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

ffta707

Quote from: "Kill_Bones"It blows my mind that his account info says he's 26 years old... You mean 2+6 RIGHT???

HAHAHA. Never noticed that.

Kill bones, I think you meant 2 - 6.

Jon

Lol, negative four year old retard! Now gtfoutta here Evans! And take your pointless bickering witchu!