• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 30, 2024, 01:11:17 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Raiden (MGS4)

Started by Ventai, February 01, 2011, 04:17:28 pm

Ventai

Does anyone know if there is a sprite of Raiden from Metal Gear Solid 4?
I've been looking for one all over the place and haven't found one.
I guess I could try and make one if no one else has.

Cheetah

Sprite requests, go in the sprite request section. Even though you are mostly asking if such a sprite exists, it still goes there. Please repost in that thread.
Current Projects:

Ventai

I tried my hand at it, and I think for a beginning to him I did a decent job. For my first one ever of course.
I used the Shadow sprite as a base and simply recolored it.

Wolfran

Ventai, use the FFT's colours. It'll be easier for you to replace besides the ones you choose look very bad.
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Ventai

Thanks for the tip, I plan to change the colors around though. Right now I'm changing the facial features to make it look more like Raiden, when I'm done I'll redo the colors.

Ventai

February 03, 2011, 07:20:11 pm #5 Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 07:55:59 pm by Ventai
UPDATE: I decided to restart from scratch. Any pointers; or flaws I may have missed? This is just one sprite, if it's good, I'll start on making the other sprites.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post by the way.

Vanya

Post it in 2x & 3x so we can see it better.
That's basically standard practice around here when you want feedback.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Ventai

February 04, 2011, 12:08:03 am #7 Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 12:10:14 am by Ventai
Ah, I noticed others doing it. I'll go ahead and do it now.
Thanks for the tip.

EDIT: When I try and do that, it looks very blurry. How can I fix that?

Wolfran

Just use Paint and change the size to 200%x200% or 300%x300%.

Ventai

Okay, this is the larger views. Like I said, it looks really blurry.

Wolfran

Man, you have a lot of work to do but just focus. First, fix the hair specially that weird aura-thing of the sides. Second define his chin. Third and the most difficult, fix the body. It looks too flat and you have a lot to shadowing. I hope you don't give up this sprite.

Eternal

For future reference, Ventai, please don't upload .bmps. They're a lot bigger than .pngs, and thus can cause pages to load really slowly for people with bad (i.e, Australian) internet. :P
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Ventai

February 04, 2011, 07:49:45 pm #12 Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 09:14:06 pm by Ventai
Ahh, okay, thanks, I thought I was supposed to post them in .bmps Lol

I don't plan to give it up. If someone could point me to a tutorial on it though, it'd help... I know there's one around here but I can't find it for the life of me.

By the way, the hair wasn't meant to have any aura's around it XP
I meant for it to just look a little messy, rofl. I've got a bit more work cut out for me.
Thanks for the tips guys.

EDIT: Do you think the vest would look better blue? I feel like it looks like a hole in his chest with it black, and I could use more shades with blue to give it a shadow
EDIT2:Here's an update, I feel like some area's have improved, but I'm not a big fan of the hair (I suck with hair xD)

Kagebunji

What the f is this? Flatness all over the sprite. Use copy/paste for now, NEVER do custom work now, get better first.

Ventai

I tried to do copying and pasting, but it worked out a LOT worse than this one. =/

Any idea's on sprites I could use to copy and paste?

Kagebunji

I have no idea what you could use to do this. Raiden is a modern-looking cyborg. There is nothing like that in FFT. And show me the copy/paste version.

Ventai

There are some parts I like better, but otherwise it's just looks REALLY messy.

Kagebunji

From what I can see, Ninja's head would work well for Raiden. As to rest of the body, I have no idea what is goin on there.

Ventai

That's exactly what I mean xD
I'll try the ninja's head then.

Zozma

February 06, 2011, 09:13:54 pm #19 Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 09:14:20 pm by Zozma
.... yo, ASMO??!
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!