• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Are you serious?

Started by sai, February 23, 2009, 07:37:05 pm

LastingDawn

February 24, 2009, 02:43:23 pm #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Quote from: "sai"Maybe the reason I didn't like FFT that much was because I couldn't understand it (that was on my PSX how many years ago?). And my avatar is the greatest man alive... sorta. He's tne Black Knight Zelgius from FE9-10.

Wait, the Black Knight comes back in 10?! With his helmet off? I thought at first this guy was the fellow who took over De...lian? After Ike's party left, and proceeded to be a tyrant.  I haven't made it that far in Radiant Dawn yet.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

DarthPaul

February 24, 2009, 03:41:06 pm #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
I haven't played RD yet but I want to when I get a wii.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

DarthPaul

February 24, 2009, 03:42:33 pm #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Quote from: "Cheetah"My lack of love for FFTA has nothing to do with the story. I dislike it because of the whole equip an item and learn a skill from it mechanic, so freaking idiotic. Same reason why I dislike FF9 and FFTA2, how unimaginative do you need to be to keep reusing so an old and tired mechanic.

I was not a fan of the mechanic but it does have an appeal until you find out you need nosada to get two swords on a ninja, and say fuck this game and go to playing something else.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

VincentCraven

February 24, 2009, 06:01:36 pm #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Quote from: "sai"Maybe the reason I didn't like FFT that much was because I couldn't understand it (that was on my PSX how many years ago?). And my avatar is the greatest man alive... sorta. He's tne Black Knight Zelgius from FE9-10.

Ahh, if this was an FE site, we'd need a huge **SPOILER** in the topic for that.  Shame on you for ruining FE10 for LD!

FE series is cool too, but I have problems with the systems of both FFT and FE.  There are more flaws in FFT, but there are also more "cool" things in FFT too.  I'm not a big fan of FE7-FE9 though...

Well, actually I take that back.  FE7-FE9 were just never difficult enough IMO.  They were still fun, just not high replay value. Kinda like FFT, except not so extreme "easy mode" available.  And the random stat gain (in all of them, IIRC) just pissed me off more than anything else.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

sai

February 24, 2009, 06:31:08 pm #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by sai
Well sorry to LD for ruining it, but I had no idea. And didn't you have to equip items to learn skills in FFT as well? And I know Orlandu, but never used him that much. I didn't really use him (I know like the best char.) because he was large and old. I only let the kewl people in my team (even if they sucked horribly). The character I hated the most was Cloud. I liked the fact that they made a cameo of him in there, but the fact that you had to equip that crappy Materia Blade in order to use his deadly skills was just... yeah.

SentinalBlade

February 24, 2009, 06:38:55 pm #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Quote from: "sai"Well unfortunately I have experience spriting, but I wouldn't say I have any skill in it. Maybe if I make it a hobby in the future... maybe. I might take you up on your offer Kokojo another time, but first I want to learn how to import sprites (favourite thing about hacking ^^). And on that note Sentinel I watched your vid on how to edit the UNIT.BIN, but I want to know exactly where is that file? I couldn't find it. And about that "WELCOME TO FFH WHERE ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE" is that the motto/slogan here? o.O

Open your iso with CDMage (get it form the main site) and browse to your event folder. it should be near the bottom.

just right click and select extract :)

also if your talking about the program, its in the FFT_Tools zip i provided.

PX_Timefordeath

February 24, 2009, 06:57:55 pm #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by PX_Timefordeath
Use a hammer, he is the 4th last battle in game.

DarthPaul

February 24, 2009, 10:26:44 pm #27 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Quote from: "sai"Well sorry to LD for ruining it, but I had no idea. And didn't you have to equip items to learn skills in FFT as well? And I know Orlandu, but never used him that much. I didn't really use him (I know like the best char.) because he was large and old. I only let the kewl people in my team (even if they sucked horribly). The character I hated the most was Cloud. I liked the fact that they made a cameo of him in there, but the fact that you had to equip that crappy Materia Blade in order to use his deadly skills was just... yeah.

No you just learn skills through jp.

Also the materia blade rocks!