• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:44:04 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Xif's Fixes (ASM Hacks & Spreadsheets)

Started by Xifanie, September 12, 2008, 10:50:17 pm

Timbo

As far as I can tell, this hack doesn't seem to do anything. I tried adjusting the sprite set and the name and I've toggled every combination of save formation, join formation, and join after event.

It is entirely possible that I am just stupid though. *Shrugs* Regardless of the outcome, thank you for taking the time to dig this up for me.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo

Xifanie

See, it's hilarious because the hack was 4 bytes off.

<Location file="SCUS_942_21" offset="4A3D4">
      </Location>

I made it cleaner. Of course that still won't help you removing generic guests.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Xifanie

April 07, 2020, 08:39:00 pm #462 Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 03:33:46 am by Xifanie
Permadeath Terminator
Eliminates the 'Death Counter' permanent death for the player's units (team  0).
It does NOT affect abilities that inflict crystal/treasure.
Once player units reach a death counter of 0 with 100 CT, instead of crystallizing or turning into a treasure, they will gain the 'stars' death counter (like vanilla guests), the '??? Stats' flag and permanent dead, making them impossible to revive.
Before this, the units are revivable for 3 turns, just as usual.

Download Here
Permadeath Terminator.xlsm

Ready to Go XMLs
Permadeath Terminator - Ramza can decay.xml
Base settings, Ramza can decay, thus being able to trigger a Game Over.

Permadeath Terminator - Ramza cannot decay.xml
Base settings, Ramza cannot decay.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Heisho

Jesus Christ you are a mind reader!!
I was thinking about a way to make this yesterday!
In any case, this will allow to keep the unit after battle and does not use additional statuses right?
Sorry if it is a silly question its 2AM here
Grrr, arwg, hiss, and some other zombie noises...
  • Discord username: Heisho

Xifanie

Sorry @RetroTypes, @Heisho

Small bug that had to be fixed, and I updated the spreadsheet software too.

I also created ready-to-go xmls for those that don't want/need the Excel-level configuration.

Quote from: Heisho on April 08, 2020, 02:48:56 amJesus Christ you are a mind reader!!
I was thinking about a way to make this yesterday!
In any case, this will allow to keep the unit after battle and does not use additional statuses right?
Sorry if it is a silly question its 2AM here
Haha, you're welcome~

No, it doesn't use any status other than dead, not even the immortal flag. Turns out a death counter of 0xFF will show stars, so I just prevented the death counter from decreasing if 0xFF. Otherwise I use the ??? stats flag as a visual cue to tell the player the unit can't be interacted with anymore and is not revivable like a guest would be.

And my wife and awake during the night because she works night shift, so no worries there 😛

Heisho

Quote from: Xifanie on April 08, 2020, 03:35:32 amNo, it doesn't use any status other than dead, not even the immortal flag. Turns out a death counter of 0xFF will show stars, so I just prevented the death counter from decreasing if 0xFF. Otherwise I use the ??? stats flag as a visual cue to tell the player the unit can't be interacted with anymore and is not revivable like a guest would be.

Quite impressive indeed. I would never thought about the death counter.
Couple of questions:
The unit will still be alive after the battle ends?
Will this still counts towards the Kill count on the Brave History?
Thanks in advance

Xifanie

Quote from: Heisho on April 08, 2020, 03:41:35 pmThe unit will still be alive after the battle ends?
Yes, the unit will still be in your roster available for the next fight right away. I was trying to avoid any ambiguity but it looks like I failed. Can you think of a way to reword the description to make it crystal clear?

Quote from: Heisho on April 08, 2020, 03:41:35 pmWill this still counts towards the Kill count on the Brave History?
No

Heisho

Quote from: Xifanie on April 08, 2020, 05:33:22 pmYes, the unit will still be in your roster available for the next fight right away. I was trying to avoid any ambiguity but it looks like I failed. Can you think of a way to reword the description to make it crystal clear?

Just add:
Units won't be lost permantly as with crystal or treasure, also the Kill counter on Brave Story screen will not increase.

My two cents.

Pyre Of Word Salsa

Bug Report:

Frameskipper v1.1 on The Lion War 2.0 causes Agrias and Gafgarion to glitch out (turn invisible?) and noclip out of the battlefield in the Chapter 2 Dorter Battle.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Timbo

Regarding Permadeath Terminator, does the game track your party members as killed in the game's bravestory section when they become unrevivable?

Xifanie

Quote from: Timbo on October 03, 2021, 07:13:02 pmRegarding Permadeath Terminator, does the game track your party members as killed in the game's bravestory section when they become unrevivable?
No

Timbo

Quote from: Xifanie on October 04, 2021, 07:38:30 amNo

I'm sorry. I got excited and wrote the post but I definitely scrolled up to make sure it wasn't answered before posting it. (It was.) Not sure how I did that. Again, sorry for wasting your time on this.

Xifanie

Double Knockback Fix

Prevents abilities that display effects more than once from triggering knockback again

Xifanie

Weapon Range preserves ability AoE

Timbo

Weapon range preserves AoE is awesome. In the case of bow users does the center panel of the AoE get the arrow?

Xifanie

Quote from: Timbo on October 22, 2021, 05:34:47 pmWeapon range preserves AoE is awesome. In the case of bow users does the center panel of the AoE get the arrow?
I didn't test it. Essentially just hoping it does XD

Tyler

Hey Xifanie, just wanted to say that your asm hacks are fantastic. They've been a blessing to my personal project time and time again. Appreciate your work!
  • Discord username: tylerf#3233

Nyzer

September 29, 2023, 03:19:37 pm #477 Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 01:04:05 am by Nyzer
Looks like the incremental jump range has some issues with the AI. I had seven +1 Horizontal Range Jumps and Izlude could never figure out that he had could Jump more than one panel away when using the normal Dragoon skillset. I tried giving him an 8/8 Jump in the final Vertical Jump slot, but he was still confused.

Turns out the AI only seems to read the highest Horizontal range number from the abilities that are considered Horizontal jumps. When I turned all my Jumps into +1, +2, etc., Izlude's visible range was the whole map, but he capped out at 6 or so because he ran out of Horizontal Jumps. Fixing it for him required reserving Level Jump 8 as his own custom skill and, of course, setting it to +8. Plus giving him the final vertical Jump as another +8. Didn't get too in-depth with Vertical testing, though.

Edit: Got home, did some breakpoint testing. Found where the AI runs the routine to check for the maximum Jump range. Setting it to be a flat max range of 8 seems to fix it, since the AI just ignores invalid tiles anyway.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown