• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:54:06 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

One Vision - Tactics Ogre: LUCT (PSP) mod

Started by raics, May 24, 2017, 06:50:06 am

raics

I've been working on a mod for the game for some time and it got to the point where I can release something to the people to play with, It's mostly done except for some tedious stuff and additional tweaks so it should work fine.

You can get it here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1

If anyone else would like to give it a shot I'd be happy to help, of course.
  • Modding version: WotL

Eternal

I've always been immensely interested in modding TO PSP. What resources did you use for this project? Great job!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

raics

Quote from: Eternal on May 24, 2017, 06:06:03 pm
I've always been immensely interested in modding TO PSP. What resources did you use for this project? Great job!

Thanks, it was just a decent hex editor that allowed pasting excel tables so I could do the changes where I can keep track of them.

Eternal

I see, good to know. I've wanted to tackle TO PSP myself at some point, so I'm very excited to see others working on it as well. If you don't mind sharing, what hex editor did you use, and did you have any documents/spreadsheets that show where all the data is located?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

raics

Quote from: Eternal on May 25, 2017, 06:18:32 pm
I see, good to know. I've wanted to tackle TO PSP myself at some point, so I'm very excited to see others working on it as well. If you don't mind sharing, what hex editor did you use, and did you have any documents/spreadsheets that show where all the data is located?

It was Hex editor Neo, it isn't free but it has some nifty features you don't find in free ones or other paid editors so it's worth it. You can find the starting address for most tables located in 03E8.bin in a post in this subforum and shop data is located in 0000.bin, haven't gotten around to editing encounters yet so I can't say where that is but it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Some of the cheat guides list what the entries in those tables do but I had to find out the rest myself, I'd be happy to share it when I get around to making it presentable.

FriendGaru

Your mod has really piqued my interest. As much as I love Tactics Ogre, the balance leaves a lot to be desired. Hence my overly verbose comments on your moddb page. Anyways, just want to say great work, particularly on cracking the game's bizarre damage formula. I really hope you keep at it and share your work one of these days. I imagine an editor is too much to ask for, but I'd love to take a stab at a re-balance attempt of my own in the future.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

AGodDangMoose

I'm highly impressed with what you've done here!  Especially considering I'd thought hacking this game to be sort of dead in the water for a while.  I can't wait until you've finished, and I also can't wait to see your hacking notes on this. 
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown