• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 07:18:23 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Pride's ASM Thread

Started by Pride, April 28, 2017, 04:44:51 am

Nyzer

That sounds about right. If the AI doesn't understand what effects those abilities actually have, it would cause them to do some seriously weird shit.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

azavier

Well sucks because its a great hack. Maybe pride will fix one day? Anyways thanks for testing it with me

yamish

Quote from: azavier on October 14, 2019, 02:58:31 pm
Well sucks because its a great hack. Maybe pride will fix one day? Anyways thanks for testing it with me

It's not really broken. If you don't check the add status flag under AI behaviors, the AI will use the skills appropriately. You could, for instance, add sleep to each charge ability. Now they're doing damage and the skillset as a whole adds sleep without any funky AI behavior. The AI just isn't aware it's adding sleep and is not attempting to actually add any status.

To make the AI interpret the added status correctly would require a rewrite elsewhere to make it see the additional field with the status and take it into account when determining actions within its turn.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: riggz raggz

Pride

Been a long time for a post but I come baring gifts. Bug fixes for Charge gains unique status effects (which now also can inflict status like Formula 2D) and Weapon Range and Others Disable Movement which fixes some issues it had with performing.

Attribute Rewrite 2.03
Download spreadsheet here.
Please report any found bugs to me in Discord, in this thread, or through PM! Please! I'd like to make sure this hack is as bug free as possible.
80 new attributes can be used! x50 - x9F are editable and working in game.
Abilities can be assigned attributes! Fire Eater, HP Boost, Brave Up, and more are now all possible effects for R/S/M.
Brave, Faith, HP, MP, and Class Evade to be attached to items/abilities as attributes.
Reactions, Supports, and Movements are now part of the attribute table and can be assigned to items/abilities.
Equippable items are now defined in the attributes as a result, Equip Armor/Shield/Sword/Knife/Axe/Crossbow/Gun are all defined within the attribute table (attributes x50 - x57 have been defaulted to this) and items can be given these effects.
Move 2/3 and Jump 2/3 are assigned Attributes x58 - x5B.
Item Sets Bonus can be set up in the Item Sets tab which give the attribute defined to the unit when all the items are equipped. If you don't want to use all 5 item slots, use xFF and it'll ignore that item for the unit.
Negative Stat values for PA, MA, Speed, Move, Jump, Class Evade, Brave, and Faith are allowed.
??? Units with equipment no longer have their HP and MP reverted back down to 999.
The attribute page in FFTPatcher should not be used, especially after patching Attribute Rewrite 2.0. Only use the spreadsheet to change attributes now.

Currently...
Working on adding Stepping Stone, Move = 0, and Start with 0 MP as attributes.
Working on de-equipping items that were allowed via an Item that is now broken or stolen
Working on adding previews for the set bonus
Working on adding previews for HP and MP for R/S/M

This replaces Attribute Rewrite 1.1 and Move+/Jump+ edits and have been hidden in Pride.xml.

Damage Manipulation Supports
Creates 6 new supports to add into the game. If you don't want one to work, leave the data as 0 and it will disable the new functions.
  • Vampire - Heals the Attacker by 50% of damage dealt.
  • Vampire Guard - Attacker damages itself by 50% of HP Recovered.
  • Mana Burn - Attacker also deals MP Damage equal to MP Cost of the attack.
  • Mana Gift - Attacker also heals MP equal to MP Cost of the healing spell.
  • CT Burn - Attacker also removes CT to the Target equal to the attacker Speed.
  • CT Gift - Attacker also adds CT to the Target equal to the attacker Speed.

Equipment Evasion Settings
Rewrites the Physical Equipment Evasion Routine (0x80184F9C) and removes the need for the Magical counterpart. Also includes Choto's "Evade Boost" as that increase Accessory evade by 10 if the R/S/M is equiped to avoid obvious conflict issues.

Allows some custom settings for Physical, Physical (Charge), and Magical Equipment. Such as allowing free weapon guard for physical attacks (98 instead of d8) but requiring magical attacks to have weapon guard (68 instead of 20). Or allow Magical attacks to use Class Evade.
Change the setting byte to make the changes. - Vanilla: x80 + x40 + x10 + x08 = D8.
  •    x80 - Use Class Evade
  •    x40 - Require Weapon Guard?
  •    x20 - Use Magical Evade
  •    x10 - Use Physical Evade
  •    x08 - Use Weapon Evade
  •    x04 - Use "Evade Boost"

MP Cost Supports
Creates 3 new Supports: Turbo MP, No MP Cost, Blood Price. Turbo MP defaults to double MP Cost and increase Magic Damage/Accuracy by 1.5 but these values can be changed with the variables. No MP Costs disables the cost of casting spells. And Blood Price uses HP to cast spells when out of MP. Default is 1:1 cost but in FFTA it doubles the cost of the spell to use HP. You're choice how you want this to work.
The Multiplier works by Value * Cost(or Damage) / 256. So a value of x0080 would be half or x0100 would be value * 256 / 256 (dont change).
Use the unit data chart below to see what ability you want to tie each to. If you don't want to use one, leave the Bit as 00.

Special Monster Job Fix
'Special' Monsters Jobs (x3C - x49) can change jobs and use items.

Ramza can change into jobs x01 to x04
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Ansehelm

June 20, 2021, 04:23:49 pm #44 Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 05:00:11 pm by Ansehelm
Awesome, this looks great! The original Attribute Rewrite hack is one of the central ASMs in my mod, so I'll have to check this out.  A few questions though:

When you say not to use the attribute page in Patcher, does that mean that all existing attribute values in patcher should be zeroed out, or are they just ignored/overwritten by the spreadsheet data?

Edit: Also, trying to understand the implications of abilities having attributes.  It seems that you can basically make any ability grant any other ability/status/immunity, etc.  I imagine, for example, you could have a self-targeting ability that grants immunity to negative status and boosts elemental resistance for the duration of a battle.  Or an ability that allows you to acquire certain R/S/Ms, say Defense Up or Throw Item, for the course of a battle, that were not otherwise equipped?  And as far as targeting, do the attributes affect the caster only, or another unit that is targeted?

nitwit

Quote from: Ansehelm on June 20, 2021, 04:23:49 pmAwesome, this looks great! The original Attribute Rewrite hack is one of the central ASMs in my mod, so I'll have to check this out.  A few questions though:

When you say not to use the attribute page in Patcher, does that mean that all existing attribute values in patcher should be zeroed out, or are they just ignored/overwritten by the spreadsheet data?
When you click "Patch ISO" in FFTPatcher, a dialog box pops up which gives you options on what files and data you want to patch. Ensure that Item attributes isn't checked.

Pride

Quote from: Ansehelm on June 20, 2021, 04:23:49 pmAlso, trying to understand the implications of abilities having attributes.  It seems that you can basically make any ability grant any other ability/status/immunity, etc.  I imagine, for example, you could have a self-targeting ability that grants immunity to negative status and boosts elemental resistance for the duration of a battle.  Or an ability that allows you to acquire certain R/S/Ms, say Defense Up or Throw Item, for the course of a battle, that were not otherwise equipped?  And as far as targeting, do the attributes affect the caster only, or another unit that is targeted?

I should have been more specific, you can only attach attributes to equippable abilities (IE - Reaction, Supports, Movements). This will not affect any formulas or learned action abilities.

And yes, nitwit is correct.

Ansehelm

Awesome, well thank you both for the clarification. This greatly expands the possibilities for R/S/Ms then, and the item set bonus also unlocks new options. Look forward to taking it for a spin

Heisho

Hello there!

Hey Pride this is really awesome! About the special effects have you thought about Immortal? I know that with Xif hack for permadeath this might not be requiered but it's an idea.

Regards
Grrr, arwg, hiss, and some other zombie noises...
  • Discord username: Heisho

Ansehelm

July 03, 2021, 10:38:47 pm #49 Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 06:47:48 pm by Ansehelm
Quote from: Pride on June 19, 2021, 09:14:52 pmPlease report any found bugs

I have what may be a bug, or may be user error on my part.

Edit: Update on the issue I was having.  Apparently some data gets lost/corrupted when I download the file as a .xlsx.  I found a workaround by making a copy of the google sheet, and pasting my own edits into it, then copying the XML data into the FFTOrgAsm patches folder.  The hack now looks viable, it just has a red warning message (same as when I copy the XML data from the original Sheet) attached.  Don't know whether it's a big deal or not, I'll try patching anyway and see what happens.

Edit2: It looks like the error in red (or something else) prevents the patch from being viable.  Applying the hack as is makes the game crash when attempting to enter a battle location or before viewing the formation screen.

Heisho

Hello there!

The error comes from the hidden tab Maths. The thing is that it uses a function from Excel 2019. I have the same issue since my Office is not on the latest version. Perhaps we will need to think a workaround for older versions.

Regards

Ansehelm

Quote from: Heisho on July 22, 2021, 06:10:01 amThe error comes from the hidden tab Maths. The thing is that it uses a function from Excel 2019. I have the same issue since my Office is not on the latest version. Perhaps we will need to think a workaround for older versions.

Yep.  The workaround I mentioned is just to make a copy on google sheets, which has all the functionality of the original.

Also, I was wrong about the hack not being viable (imagine that).  There were some conflicting ASMs I was using (After a lot of trial and error, I found Emmy's Runic, Arcane Focus, and Mold Breaker hacks will cause crashes when combined with this hack, so unfortunately I have to do without those unless moving them solves the issue.)  Furthermore, I think the message in FFTOrgasm is nothing to worry about since checkItemSet is referred to in the 2nd patch.

However, there are some low-impact bugs with the hack.  Statuses applied to items work normally in game, but the statuses shown in the item previews are wrong (i.e they reference the statuses shown in patcher, which is not how the applied statuses are referenced with this hack, so you get random jumbles of statuses in the item preview).  Stat increases also seem to work normally, although sometimes not all of them are displayed in the preview.  Brave and Faith increases are not shown in the preview, but this is more a limitation than a bug.

Heisho

Quote from: Ansehelm on July 22, 2021, 06:56:54 pmI found Emmy's Runic, Arcane Focus, and Mold Breaker hacks will cause crashes when combined with this hack

Aawww that's too bad. I was planning to use those. Perhaps I should stay with the hack from Emmy to add functionality like this one but a little more limited. Regardless I wasn't planning in keeping monster breeding so..

Ansehelm

Quote from: Heisho on July 22, 2021, 11:39:43 pmAawww that's too bad. I was planning to use those. Perhaps I should stay with the hack from Emmy to add functionality like this one but a little more limited. Regardless I wasn't planning in keeping monster breeding so..

Yeah, I enjoy those abilities as well, but gotta pick your tradeoffs.  FTR, it seems this hack is also incompatible with the Synth Shop, and I assume with Special Snowflakes as well (the old Item Attribute Rewrite was).  Still worth it for me, since you can make awesome items (and now new abilities) with this hack.  There are even some clever ways to mimic some of the functionality of Snowflakes, by using some of the extra R/S/Ms to inflict status or give buffs to certain units.

I also have another bug to report, this time with the Item Set section of the hack.  Putting values in that area causes certain job classes in game to always have 100 Brave and/or 100 Faith, regardless of the Br/Fa values set in Patcher.  With just the first two rows used, for example, Gafgarion's Dark Knight job always had 100 Br/Fa, but zeroing them out again fixed the issue.  So I'm not going to use sets bonuses until that's resolved.

Also, when a R/S/M ability is used to increase HP/MP, it increases the maximum, but not the starting values.  For example, if I turn a blank Support ability into "Toughness" and have it add 100 Hp, the unit will begin a battle with Base/Base+100 HP (instead of Base+100/Base+100 HP). Not a game breaker, but a minor inconvenience.

Anyway, is Pride more active on Discord? Seems to come and go like the wind, at least on FFhacktics. But hey, I've got plenty to work with until the chosen one returns to restore balance to the hack.

Pride

Apologies, real life has been not great but I'll look into these bugs and do my best to get something going. Thank you for reporting them to me.

I was more active on discord but haven't been the last couple months. Still easier to reach me there as I look more frequently then here. Still weird I didn't get an email notification about new posts here.

Ansehelm

Quote from: Pride on September 01, 2021, 05:04:39 amApologies, real life has been not great but I'll look into these bugs and do my best to get something going. Thank you for reporting them to me.

I was more active on discord but haven't been the last couple months. Still easier to reach me there as I look more frequently then here. Still weird I didn't get an email notification about new posts here.
No drama, glad to see you back again. 

As an extension of a bug previously discussed, the adding of BR/FA to certain classes of units is not unique to using the Item Sets section (although doing so does extend that bug to more jobs)  Currently, just using other sections of the hack, monster jobs from the skeleton family on down spawn units with wonky Br/FA values (usually 100 of one or both, or sometimes a very low value for a couple classes; some monster classes within this section have normal Br/FA).  While this is an annoying bug, at least it's predictable on a per-class basis once you've seen one instance of it, and in my hack I've partially resolved it by equipping monsters with innates that lower their BR/FA as needed.  Hopefully that makes sense, but I do have a list of how much each monster class varies from nominal br/fa values, if that's helpful.

Pride

Attribute Rewrite 2.04 available now
Download Here

• Fixes issue with units getting random amounts of Brave/Faith
  • Fixes issue with units HP/MP not being set correctly when having an ability grant HP/MP
  • Fixes jump location for item sets

Planning on still adding compatibility with Special Snowflakes but I didn't realize synth shop also had issues since that one I didn't think would conflict. Compatibility with both of these hacks is planned for v2.05. Hopefully soon.

Ansehelm

Quote from: Pride on September 13, 2021, 06:24:13 pmAttribute Rewrite 2.04 available now
Download Here

• Fixes issue with units getting random amounts of Brave/Faith
  • Fixes issue with units HP/MP not being set correctly when having an ability grant HP/MP
  • Fixes jump location for item sets

Planning on still adding compatibility with Special Snowflakes but I didn't realize synth shop also had issues since that one I didn't think would conflict. Compatibility with both of these hacks is planned for v2.05. Hopefully soon.
Love it! And faster than expected.  I'll have to take the update for a spin.  On the off chance there isn't space to make it compatible with both, my preference would be to prioritize Synth Shop, since IMO it synergizes very well with the powerful items this hack is capable of.  Even so, there's a lot this hack can do solo.  Appreciate your work!

Pride

Okay it was just a kanji space issue with the Synth Shop so a super easy fix. So shouldn't be any more issues with the Synth Shop now. Thanks again for reporting the bugs so I can do something about them (eventually).

Version 2.041 Download