• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 18, 2024, 11:48:56 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Pride's ASM Thread

Started by Pride, April 28, 2017, 04:44:51 am

Elric

:mrgreen:
  • Modding version: PSX

Pride

Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Heisho

That was awesome Pride, thank you so much  :P
I already checked it an itnis providing the right code.
Elric is right. You're a luxury to us all.
Grrr, arwg, hiss, and some other zombie noises...
  • Discord username: Heisho

Elric

Heisho

Hello there.
Just adding a little fix for the 1.2 version. The original had an error when looking for VLOOKUP data.
I tested it apparently it works fine.

Regards.
Grrr, arwg, hiss, and some other zombie noises...
  • Discord username: Heisho

Pride

Updated a hack to offer more functionality.

[10] Attribute Rewrite

• Allows a secondary Item Attribute to be attached with the 1st unknown in the Item Data in the Patcher.

• Also allows R/S/M to be attached to Items with the 2nd unknown using the Ability ID. x100 is added to the total so to add Short Charge to an item, you would set it to E2.

• ??? Unit's will not have their HP/MP reset to 999 if they have a Helm/Armor equipped.

• It also allows you to adjust HP/MP caps for both type of units, change the materia blade item, and change the items required for "Sword & Knight swords"

Arkmore

August 16, 2017, 06:25:54 pm #26 Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 01:34:20 am by Arkmore
When I use the % MP gained at turn start it appears to break the tutorial battle for status effects instead of the wizard using the act menu it will instead try to move and then lock up ive narrowed it down to just this asm tested on the base game is there any way to fix this? ive also tried each of the other ams that effect mp regen at turn end and turn start and each produce the same effect.

Edit: I found a work around but ive not tested it much but it appears that after applying Glains hide excessive hp/mp asm that the tutorial will no longer hang but i don't know if this will cause other unintended results not sure if this information is helpful or not but its what ive found out so far.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Pride

August 16, 2017, 06:59:52 pm #27 Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 02:14:27 am by Pride
... What an odd effect, I'll take a look tonight.

Edit: Took a look earlier this evening and, yeah, definitely leaves the game hanging in tutorial. I'll investigate a solution to this, an oversight by virtually everyone because we all forget that the tutorial even exists.

Pride

Two hacks added; one kinda minor and another that's cool

[11] Move disabled from Attacks

• Weapon Ranged, Linear AOE, and Draw Out AOE type with a Charge Time all disable Movement while Charging.

[12] Status CT Timer Edit

• Every Status can now have a CT by setting the time in the FFTPatcher and setting the variable x01 to x0F.

• You are still limited to only 16 timers but they can share CTs. I.E. Poison and Regen can share a CT but will need to cancel and/or not allow them to stack on each other.

• If the status does not have a CT, set the variable to FF.

• It also comes package with two new Supports: To increase/decrease the length of the CT timers.

• If you do not use my spreadsheet, you'll have to manually edit the information to change the needed data. Check the Battle Stats page on how to edit the supports and see the image for more information on how to edit the data.

Kurosabes

Quote from: Pride on December 03, 2017, 04:22:03 pm

[11] Move disabled from Attacks

• Weapon Ranged, Linear AOE, and Draw Out AOE type with a Charge Time all disable Movement while Charging.

This is actually major for me. Regards ^^

I am correct in assuming this also works with 3-direction attacks?
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

Pride

Not tested cause I didn't think of it but it should be prevented

Pride

Its been a while since I've posted anything and I thought that wasn't cool since I've been working on a bunch of stuff and I haven't been sharing so just dropping off a few.

[13] Move +1/2/3 & Jump +1/2/3 edits

• Turns Move +1 into Move +?

• Turns Move +2 into Jump +?

• Turns Move + 3 into PA +?

• Turns Jump +1 into MA +?

• Turns Jump +2 into Speed +?

• Turns Jump +3 into Class Evade +?

• Keep the variables the same for the pairs otherwise you'll throw off the preview when you equip the movements.

[14] Transparent not lost on action or taking damage

• Transparent status is no longer removed after taking an action or taking damage.

• This is intended to be used with CT Magic. Unless you want permanent Transparent.

[15] Defend not removed on act

• Defend status is no longer removed after taking an action.

• This is intended to be used with CT Magic. Unless you want permanent Defending.

[16] New Support: Inflict Status (ID) to Weapon Attacks

• Inflict Status: ID to weapon attacks (except Fists) that do not have a proc already.

• Check your FFTPatcher to make sure you are adding (or cancelling) the status you want to be. Defaulted to 09 (Poison).

• This is defaulted over Secret Hunt. Edit unit data to choose which data is checked. See http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/Data/Table_Locations for more information.

[17] Disable Secret Hunt

• Removes the vanilla function of Secret Hunt; poaching monsters.

Elric

stardragoon9

Constantly receiving this error message from Pride ASM.xlsm

Kurosabes

From what I observed, 'Ability Animation 07 00 00 will always swing weapon' causes magic weapons (magic guns in vanilla) to weapon strike with literally everything when they are equipped. Also, it can cause some abilities to have different sound effects, for example Throw Stone will have a blunt weapon sound if a Flail is equipped.

Kurosabes

January 12, 2019, 12:23:36 am #35 Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 05:34:06 pm by White Knight Wiegraf
Here is a small fix of the Reaction rewrite that should make it fully work with Excel 2007, for those using this specific version of Excel. Thanks to Simmon/AJ for finding out the problem and fixing it for me, otherwise this post would have just been another report of a problem. (The fix was replacing a CONCAT function, which does not exist in Excel 2007.)

Edit: I found out a few more problems. Sorry to whoever that downloaded, you'll have to redownload.

Quote from: Pride on May 03, 2017, 02:18:14 amv1.0 - Initial hack created
v1.2 - Added additional requirements and added in the ability to assign an ability id to additional counters.

azavier

hey could you explain how the charge has unique status effects hack works? after i apply the hack what must i do in fftpatcher to the charge skills. sorry if the answer simple but thanks in advance! (:

yamish

Quote from: azavier on October 08, 2019, 10:31:45 pm
hey could you explain how the charge has unique status effects hack works? after i apply the hack what must i do in fftpatcher to the charge skills. sorry if the answer simple but thanks in advance! (:

You use the Inflict Status tab in the patcher as a reference.  So if poison is 3A, for instance, set the skill in the hack to use 3A.  In the patcher, the box labeled power in the charge skills is added to damage calculations.  So if you want regular weapon damage, change this to zero, and manipulate CT as needed.  Since this is not a Y value, the lowest damage you can do is regular weapon damage unless somebody makes a hack for signed values at this location.

Also, it's preferable to ask questions in the help section.  Just a heads up.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: riggz raggz

azavier

i actually just tried it about 3 times and noticed that while it works it makes the AI go into a frenzy and causes them to have a "Free for all" killing who ever is near each other. it works, but .... thats the side effect. Thanks alot ! :D

yamish

Quote from: azavier on October 10, 2019, 09:52:19 pm
i actually just tried it about 3 times and noticed that while it works it makes the AI go into a frenzy and causes them to have a "Free for all" killing who ever is near each other. it works, but .... thats the side effect. Thanks alot ! :D

I just gave it a shot and had the exact same behavior.  Though the AI doesn't seem to attack who is nearest; it is seemingly random. Sometimes friend, sometimes foe, sometimes right next to them, sometimes attacking over another unit to get to a farther one.  Maybe it's because of checking the Add Status flag in Patcher, but the AI doesn't know whether it's attempting to apply a beneficial or detrimental status? I'm not really sure
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: riggz raggz