• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 04:54:53 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ FFT Arena♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ AI Tournament Season 4 ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

Started by Barren, June 11, 2015, 08:36:46 am

Mudvayne

Quote from: TrueLight on June 27, 2015, 02:28:48 pm
FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 4 Match # 24 - Vigilanti vs Mudvayne
Wow, GG. Can't believe the CB in round 2! Was nervous there for a minute. GL in the losers bracket!

Thanks for the match TL.

skiploom188

My third gift for everyone...

MATCH 21!
dw6561 vs Andante49 - How it Ended
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPz7drjr68s

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542

dw6561

That was great! Lol, after I watched that I had to go and watch the match again, naturally.

Stop destroyed my entire team. If only I had something to remove don't act and stop reliably...Elemental absorb teams weak to status indeed. Also, that raise 1 missing? If this happens enough times, someone should make a montage.
  • Modding version: PSX
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

skiploom188

If I remembered correctly, the Raise had 91% chance to hit and I think it only missed once (Round 1). And yeah that Stop really sealed the deal for your team.

Now my question... So how will you handle the Loser's Bracket?
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542

dw6561

You're right, it only missed once there. But it has happened several times during my test runs. I don't get very good luck, do I?

As for how I will handle the loser's bracket? I heard it was a bloodbath. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'll loose, but it's my first try at this so I won't be too upset.
  • Modding version: PSX
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

skiploom188

Aha, you played along! I like that XD

All right well, best of luck out there.

@Mudvayne
Thank you! Drawing the backgrounds was the tough part there. And I still can't process how I pulled off all those abilities in a couple days work. It was a fun video to make. Glad you enjoyed :)

Reks

Quote from: skiploom188 on June 29, 2015, 02:28:35 am
Aha, you played along! I like that XD

All right well, best of luck out there.

@Mudvayne
Thank you! Drawing the backgrounds was the tough part there. And I still can't process how I pulled off all those abilities in a couple days work. It was a fun video to make. Glad you enjoyed :)

They're all so excellent, hehe.

I'd ask for one but nothing exemplary has happened for me, except somehow defeating TrueLight.

And the Draw Out Geo.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Barren

I got a new microphone for the matches and I hope to everyone this sounds better than it did before and the music isn't louder than my commentary. At least I don't think its louder than my commentary. Anyways here's the loser bracket matches I'm covering for silentkaster for now. More to come. If you want to hear my commentary try wearing headphones that has good audio and bass

FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 4 Loser's Bracket Match # 8 - reinoe vs Heroebal

FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 4 Loser's Bracket Match # 9 - TrueLight vs Dol
You dare cross blades with me?

Shintroy

2S Mime vs Fast Team

I bet on Reinoe due to mime. Herobal has a slight advantage due to having high SP and reinoe not having high damage output.

R1 - Even though reinoe got 3 quickenings on the monk his team was still out gunned in terms of speed and damage. The mime having to tend to the Ninja made it so reinoe couldn't get any 2S mimics going off. Really bad round for reinoe.

R2 - No quickenings this time around so the advantage was more obvious here. Surprised Herobal's team spent their turns more wisely.

GG RIP mime. I think there's only two mime teams left including mine now. GJ to Herobal for taking it 2-0 too.

10 SP Balanced vs Balanced Melee
I bet on Truelight here since I want to see one of the only thieves get through.

R1 - Long round. Once the squire got put down it was only a matter of time until Truelight's faster team won the loop.

R2 - Devestating opener by Truelight. Dol just wasn't able to recover quick enough to come back.

GG. The squire definitely held Dol back here. Either that or the team's lack of a heavy hitter.

I didn't notice the first one going out. Maybe it's because I always listen in mono and I'm missing out on something. GL in your next match. Hoping to see you vs Truelight.
then Truelight vs CT5Holy because air absorbs are a bad match up for me ;)
Some day my people will be free.

Reks

Quote from: Barren on June 30, 2015, 09:16:30 am
I got a new microphone for the matches and I hope to everyone this sounds better than it did before and the music isn't louder than my commentary. At least I don't think its louder than my commentary. Anyways here's the loser bracket matches I'm covering for silentkaster for now. More to come. If you want to hear my commentary try wearing headphones that has good audio and bass

FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 4 Loser's Bracket Match # 8 - reinoe vs Heroebal

FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 4 Loser's Bracket Match # 9 - TrueLight vs Dol

It's a lot sharper and clearer! Took me a second to recognize it was actually YOU, but it's really good nevertheless!
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Barren

That took some doing considering how evasive your thief was but my team but the job done. It did a good job holding up but in the end my speed advantage cam into play. GG Star Racer. GL in the next tourney you enter.

Looks like I'm up against my old rival TrueLight. We both have similar tastes in strategies except you rely on more raw damage both close and long range and stop status than I do don't act and elemental absorb. I do have a few tricks up my sleeve though so except my team to make yours work hard for your victory. It's a shame that we have to meet this early in the loser's bracket, but hey our roads to cross again so let's battle! Best of luck to you

skiploom188

Fun match fattyzilla! Hmmm I should solve that problem with Charm and my Samurai going full speed ahead. My Paladins could use some work too.

Bye guys...

Shintroy

Melee team vs Defensive team
Betting on fattyzilla due to skiploom having two item bot paladins that are likely to wastes turns using item.

R1 - Intense round. Fattyzilla's SP and mobility advantage was used against him here. Skiploom was able to tank the charmed samurai due to everyone being boxed in. All of that tanking combined with MA and PA saved made this hard for fattyzilla to take with his seperated units.

R2 - Charmed Samurai MVP. Were those Chiris good or best compat? Talk about a taste of your own medicine.

R3 - This time skiploom's team got separated. It was over almost from the start due to the bard and samurai being downed.

GG. If skiploom had a 10+ SP unit instead of two paladin item bots this would've been an even better match

Mimic summon vs Water Absorb
Betting on mime this time. Not just because I always bet on mine, but because I don't think Vireblaze will be able to keep up with the mimic summons. I don't think counter magic will come into play this time either due to having 5 Move units.

R1 - Pretty unlucky round for Vireblaze. Oil procced Ninja followed by a missed wish? That's one too many missed opportunities against a mime team that makes the most out of their turns while on offense.

R2 - Nice opening from both sides. Rouroni was able to get Silf x2 off without any chance at counter magic going off due to blackmail. The following bandage to make sure maelstrom went off helped keep him in the match.... Never mind. A few turns later mimic moogle and salamander made it unwinnable.

GG. Not enough SP or status to make phoenix down and wish revival work. Rouroni's stategy went unchallenged the entire time.

----------
Edit I heard the difference in the mic when youtube auto played S3 matches. Sounds a lot clearer now for sure.

Good Luck to everyone that made it into R3
Glad there's a mime on both sides of the bracket. Would've preferred two mimes in winners though. Super biased towards mimes

Zotis

Barren

Here's my match before I set out for vacation. Gaignun you might be needed for the loser's bracket actually since I'm assuming right now silentkaster is unable to host. I would get in touch with mudvayne and see if you guys can work out who does what number of matches. Until then enjoy the rest of the tournament

FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 4 Match # 25 - Andante49 vs Reks

Elmdork

Just wanted to say I appreciate you taking up the extra matches, Barren. You're still the hardest working man in ffta. Also a bit late, but great work on the ladder, andante. It's all neat and pretty.

Oh, and that was wonderfully hilarious, skip. I watch every one several times.

Damn, I was seriously fearing that wizard but I guess it worked out for me somehow. Sometimes I'm in awe at how my team behaves, they are particularly clever for a team, let alone a mime team. Didn't get that refute haste/regen though. It would make sense if the following mimic hit, but she refutes herself and then moves to a panel she can't mimic.. too odd. My guess is she found what she considers to be the ideal turn order.. but the ai will quickening spam forever if you let it, so why lose haste for any reason at all?

GG, vireblaze. Definitely had me scared there, but I suppose this is the way the cookie crumbles. hope to see you around for the regular season.

The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Shintroy

Quote from: Barren on July 05, 2015, 08:42:57 am
Here's my match before I set out for vacation. Gaignun you might be needed for the loser's bracket actually since I'm assuming right now silentkaster is unable to host. I would get in touch with mudvayne and see if you guys can work out who does what number of matches. Until then enjoy the rest of the tournament

FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 4 Match # 25 - Andante49 vs Reks

Brutal. Reks lost this convincingly due to his samurai having Muramasa and Chirijiraden. Haven't seen someone lose to a bad filler choice this late before. RIP.

GJ to Andante making it to winners finals. I think you have a better chance vs Mudvayne than I do, but I have a better chance against you than Mudvayne. I don't agree with triangles.

Here come the nerves.