• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:40:17 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: A Clan's Journey

Started by Zeke_Aileron, August 18, 2017, 03:58:48 am

Beraias

Oh man I have been, that custom job is worth it.

The camps cup is kicking my tail but I think I e got it
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
If ya need to contact me, I'm on Discord.
  • Discord username: Rai#0428

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Beraias on June 17, 2018, 09:22:49 am
Oh man I have been, that custom job is worth it.

The camps cup is kicking my tail but I think I e got it

Just take your time with the tournament cups since they're pretty challenging at first with the lack of equipment and job customization early on.
  • Discord username: Zeke Aileron™#0606

Beraias

I reloaded a save before I took that mission and just decided to take it a bit later.
If ya need to contact me, I'm on Discord.
  • Discord username: Rai#0428

Arashi Blitz

Quote from: Beraias on June 17, 2018, 07:14:27 am
Enemy gets critical hped and 25hp, quicken activates, they don't heal and so my next unit smacks em, not enough to kill them and what always happens is that quicken activates AGAIN. It ends up leading to a battle taking me 45 bloody mins before it ends not even a story mission mind. And it's still early on.

I feel your pain. My battle against the thiefing group at the start took me 1h more or less. None of my members had enough damage and the thief kept getting critical quicken and using potion. Since my units hitted for like 24 aprox... You can imagine. Had to pray to RNG gods for a crit and god bless the gria unit got it.
First thief broken pls fix spaghetti :^)

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Arashi Blitz on June 17, 2018, 01:45:14 pm
I feel your pain. My battle against the thiefing group at the start took me 1h more or less. None of my members had enough damage and the thief kept getting critical quicken and using potion. Since my units hitted for like 24 aprox... You can imagine. Had to pray to RNG gods for a crit and god bless the gria unit got it.
First thief broken pls fix spaghetti :^)

There's a reason why Quick Blow, Lightning Shot, Greased Lightning, and other reaction passing abilities exist, they may have a small amount of fixed damage, but the ability to cancel a reaction ability in favor of getting an enemy closer to 0 HP can completely nullify their chances of a free turn.

R000ster

In the first Galmia Pepe counterfeit mission, the Grazton mission against the 4 thieves, the law prohibits Buffs. I'm running into some inconsistency, either from healing being considered a Buff or from Quicken proccing from Mediarama.

My No Mou White Mage can use Mediarama on any single unit, heal that unit, get Quicken, and continue to its next free turn as normal, without penalty. However, when I heal two or more units with the single Mediarama, and then get Quicken, it is treated as breaking the law.

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: R000ster on June 23, 2018, 01:51:34 pm
In the first Galmia Pepe counterfeit mission, the Grazton mission against the 4 thieves, the law prohibits Buffs. I'm running into some inconsistency, either from healing being considered a Buff or from Quicken proccing from Mediarama.

My No Mou White Mage can use Mediarama on any single unit, heal that unit, get Quicken, and continue to its next free turn as normal, without penalty. However, when I heal two or more units with the single Mediarama, and then get Quicken, it is treated as breaking the law.

Can't edit laws directly, but I might look into changing that law to something else i guess, hmm.

Just never thought of the strangeness of that law lol.

R000ster

Quote from: Zeke_Aileron on June 23, 2018, 02:17:19 pm

Can't edit laws directly, but I might look into changing that law to something else i guess, hmm.

Just never thought of the strangeness of that law lol.

I'm unsure if the law is the issue or something with Mediarama/Quicken, as it only happens when you target two or more units and get the bonus. Ahh well. Any planned changes to the mod?

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: R000ster on June 23, 2018, 02:53:05 pm
I'm unsure if the law is the issue or something with Mediarama/Quicken, as it only happens when you target two or more units and get the bonus. Ahh well. Any planned changes to the mod?

• Days for quests extended

• AP from quests increased

• Revamping Engineer

• Find MP Efficiency offset and disable it permanently

• Overall fix to Luso's Accessory so he'll have his unique summon ability.

Date unknown since irl work is killing me....

DenisColli

The only qyestion I have with the chars update in this mod is that every character takes something as a reward for having being in a same class for too a time... Its your Status Grouth... In a world where you raceive nothing in Speed, speed based jobs dont give you nothing permanent as a reward for the "years of fidelity"... The major problem with the Speed growth in the vanilla In my opinion was the gap between the jobs...
In my opinion, The difference between the faster and the Slower cant be higher than 1.6 x 1.0...

R000ster

Murasame on the Ronin class targets like Black Magick, however only affects one unit as it should. Sometime targeting multiple units with Murasame leaves the screen red until another screen dimming ability is used.

DenisColli

The cannon mage skills are "gray" (unusable) even when equiped with a hand-cannon.

DenisColli

Im playing your Mod right Now... Im in the Green Dominiom quest... One of the enemies Green... erm! Support Mages
just made 5 consecutive actions just using Ether. And the Alchimist Snake Flask can not be used on self nor the arrow moved...

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: DenisColli on June 24, 2018, 07:55:41 pm
Im playing your Mod right Now... Im in the Green Dominiom quest... One of the enemies Green... erm! Support Mages
just made 5 consecutive actions just using Ether. And the Alchimist Snake Flask can not be used on self nor the arrow moved...

Arrow not moving? it's a self targeting ability so the arrow isn't supposed to move...

Quote from: DenisColli on June 24, 2018, 07:45:03 pm
The cannon mage skills are "gray" (unusable) even when equiped with a hand-cannon.

You have to be "Primed" before you can use most of their abilities....

Quote from: R000ster on June 24, 2018, 06:26:26 pm
Murasame on the Ronin class targets like Black Magick, however only affects one unit as it should. Sometime targeting multiple units with Murasame leaves the screen red until another screen dimming ability is used.

Oh that's kind of neat, never knew about that, i might look into fixing it if it's game breaking.

DenisColli

1)Sorry! never played as Cannonier... Dont like Bangaa non fighters
2)I couldnt aim even myself...

Kairetsu

I play the mod a bit, just reach Camoa. I really like the full MP at the start of battle combined with small 4 MP regen each turn. So far the game is enjoyable. But, there are few things I want to address.

1. The starting Gria was equipped with Hammer and a shield *without* Monkey Grip. It should be impossible. But this is merely minor issue because things will return to normal as soon as I change her equipment.

2. For some reason, the starting Gria can equip both Hat + Hair Accessory together. I tried to do the same with Viera, but Viera cannot equip Hat + Hair Acc together like the Gria. I think this is a bug. The Gria shouldn't be able to equip both equipments at the same time.

3. I took a look at the Ability Editor. I noticed that both Raise and Araise revive dead unit with *full* HP. Was that intended? I still don't have Raise and Araise in my game file yet, so I cannot test it if Raise revive with full HP or not.

I think that's all for now. I will continue playing and report again if I find more weird stuff.

Ronin

So when I try to patch the thing, it tells me

] An error has occurred: xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT

Anyone knows how to fix this ?

DeSgeretjin

Quote from: Ronin on July 29, 2018, 04:25:26 am
So when I try to patch the thing, it tells me

] An error has occurred: xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT

Anyone knows how to fix this ?

Which files are you using?

Ronin

Im using the Final Fantasy Tactics A2 - A Clan's Journey v0.94.xdelta.zip file

DeSgeretjin