• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 07:37:26 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Making throw a normal skill

Started by Skip Sandwich, September 04, 2008, 12:45:35 pm

Skip Sandwich

September 04, 2008, 12:45:35 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
I'm in the process of doing a fairly ambitious personal patch, that involves the complete breakdown and reconstruction of the job and class system (entierely new jobs, and new job trees), and I was wondering if anyone had figured out a way to make the various throw skills work properly outside of a [Weapon Inventory] type skillset.
If what i'm asking for isn't currently possible (or just not possible via FFTPatcher), then i'd like to know before I waste too much time fiddling with it.
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

Argg0

September 04, 2008, 02:40:50 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Argg0
Isn't currently possible.

Skip Sandwich

September 04, 2008, 03:15:49 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
okay then, thanks for the quick reply
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."

Vanya

September 04, 2008, 10:01:19 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
The only thing I've found concerning this is a certain pose setting that make's the user of a skill/spell look like they are throwing something. But I haven't tested it thoroughly yet. I don't think it will end up being of much use, though.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Skip Sandwich

September 04, 2008, 10:14:38 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
I'm currently trying to figure out if there is a way to successfully add new items to the item command so I can make some offensive items without overwriting any existing ones. Currently, its not going any better then the attempt to add throwing skills to normal skillsets, since even when I overwrite the original item commands to make them offensive, I can't get the skillset to actually use the item peramiters to determine effect for anything other then just adding a status. Specifically, I want to make some bomb/grenade type items using the Gun WP^2 formula to determine effect (i've already switched actual guns to use SP * WP), but when I set it up so that the command actually works, it ends up taking the WP of whatever i have equiped instead of that of the item. I've had a little more success with making new offensive thowing items, but they all tend to start referencing the Thunder Soul effect for some reason  :?
"Dave?  Are you there?"