• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 04:29:01 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

New Job Class

Started by DarthPaul, September 13, 2008, 08:20:44 pm

DarthPaul

September 13, 2008, 08:20:44 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Thought a new job im workin on just gonna run it by you guys

and that job is Necromancer dont know if anyone has made it yet but im makin one

the skills are going to be skills that raise the dead

Allies equal healing HP or recovering Mp

Enemies are gonna be brought under your control

everyone brought back will be undead with a random chance of being a berserk vampire
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Vanya

September 13, 2008, 10:42:54 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Interesting skills set. There have been numerous ideas for a Necromancer class thrown around here for ages. I don't know that anyone has actually implemented one yet, though. I have one of my own that is going to be a special character in my personal hack. It'll be my girlfriend's character, actually.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

DarthPaul

September 13, 2008, 10:49:01 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
well i have yet to implement it but i have put some thought into it and it should work so now i just need to come up with a custom sprite set for it
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Vanya

September 13, 2008, 11:21:34 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Good luck! =)
¯\(°_0)/¯

boomkick

September 14, 2008, 02:02:32 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
If ur gonna make the necromancer, try making one of his abilities make use of the Plague's Death Sentence animation.

DarthPaul

September 14, 2008, 02:36:17 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
that is a good idea but does anyone know how to change a characters sprite and job class cause when i do it the have the same job set but the job is different making them kinda useless

Vanya

September 14, 2008, 07:11:48 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
You can't. You have to edit their existing job+skillset, and the sprite has to be imported into the original as long as it is the same size or smaller.
¯\(°_0)/¯

DarthPaul

September 14, 2008, 08:34:16 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
hmm this should make things interesting

SentinalBlade

September 16, 2008, 08:35:34 am #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Ive actually made one for SoR...been in for about a month and a half... it has been the only class that has not been removed since i started this damn thing xP

DarthPaul

September 16, 2008, 11:07:21 am #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
thinking up skills to give it is the most annoying part and im a bit stuck

Zozma

September 16, 2008, 05:06:03 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
not a new job, but i destroyed Beowulf's skillset and created a new one
"Fear Sword"

those fear skills that the zodiac monsters use converted into sword skills that cost mp
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

boomkick

September 16, 2008, 06:11:35 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Dark Shine
Uses the Blind 2 animation. Deals Large amounts of Dark Elemental Damage, it probably should heal undead.

DarthPaul

September 16, 2008, 06:19:28 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
thanks thats a good idea kill the living heal the dead

Skip Sandwich

September 17, 2008, 12:00:12 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
I really liked the Word of Pain ability from the SoR patch, its a spell that deals damage to every enemy on the field. I thought about doing something similar in my own personal patch, but changing it to damage everything on the field, friend and foe. However since it deals dark damage, making it like that could actually make it MORE powerful since it'd damage foes and heal allied undead in one fell swoop.

also, I thought up an unrelated ability that'd be great for the ghost monsters, you could call it Manevolence or Possession or whatever, basicly, it'd use the Self-Destruct formula but add Charm instead of Oil. Uses the Muramasa animation (the one with the ghosts, its either that or murasame, and I always get those mixed up)

Speaking of new monster abilities, since you're making a necromancer class, do you plan on making any changes to the undead?
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

DarthPaul

September 17, 2008, 01:26:37 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
i am planning a class of undead that have vampire and attack friends and foes playing off the whole zombie thing

Dormin Jake

September 17, 2008, 02:15:39 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dormin Jake
I'm really liking your ideas, Skip Sandwich.  I've been looking at making Zalera my patch's resident necromancer, and that dark-all ability is genius for the encounter in which you face him.  

I've also been looking for something unique to give to ghosts, which have ended up fairly lacking relative to all the other monsters after my revamp, so I think I'm really going to steal that possess ability of yours.  You're like a stitched-up, mouldering, reanimated, floaty wisp-like lich-muse, you know that?
We are Dormin. Thou art to bring us a tasty beverage.
  • Discord username: dorminjake

SentinalBlade

September 17, 2008, 06:32:00 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
That is actually my ability ;P while skip has had an incredible flow of ideas, that one i claim :D

Skip, Thank you again for all your wonderful help...

Dormin Jake

September 18, 2008, 12:07:05 am #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dormin Jake
I'm really liking your ideas, Sentinal. I've been looking at making Zalera my patch's resident necromancer, and that dark-all ability is genius for the encounter in which you face him.

You're like a stitched-up, mouldering, reanimated, floaty, sexy wisp-like lich-muse, you know that?
We are Dormin. Thou art to bring us a tasty beverage.
  • Discord username: dorminjake

SentinalBlade

September 18, 2008, 02:56:03 pm #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Quote from: "Dormin Jake"You're like a stitched-up, mouldering, reanimated, floaty, sexy wisp-like lich-muse, you know that?

:O much appreaciated <3

Skip Sandwich

September 18, 2008, 05:30:02 pm #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
some other undead monster abilities i've played with
Skelleton as Lich

If you want to make your skeletons into undead magic-slinging abominations, then try something like this

Knife Hand has a chance of causing Don't Act (inspired by the Lich's fabled paralyzing touch)

Replacing the various Soul abilities with Tier 1 black magic spells (Bolt, Ice and Fire for the skelleton, bone snatch, and living bone, respectively), making them even more Lich-like.

combining the above with the 1.3 change of giving skelly's demi, demi 2 and death

skelleton monster skill is Dark Holy

Skelleton innates are Move Underwater, Damage Split, Defense Up, and Short Charge, they are also innately immune to the crystal and treasure statuses.

New Ghosts

Ghoul
ghoul abilities are as follows
Attack- unlike gusts and revenants, ghouls are corporal creatures, and must attack physically

Zombie Touch- inflicts Don't Act

Moan- reduces the PA of all adjacent enemies by 2

monster skill is Polka Polka
Ghoul Innates are Defense Up, Move Underwater, Meatbone Slash and Any Ground.

Gust (probablly meant to be poltergeist, so that's what i'm going with here)
Gust abilities
Throw Spirit- uses the dash/throw stone formula, randomly deals between 1 and 5 times PA damage with a 50% chance of knockback
Wind Soul
Don't Move
Monster Skill is Hurricane (changed to deal damage as a wind-element spell with power equvilent to Ultima)
Innate abilities are Teleport, Blade Grasp, Short Charge, and Float
They have the following elemental properties: weak holy and lightning, immune wind and ice, absorb dark. (you might also have to put in half fire in order to fully negate the fire weakness added as a result of  innate undead status)

Revenant
abilities
Corrupting Gaze- deals magical dark damage with a range of 3, pick a yin-yang magic spell for the effect
Malnevolence- acts as self-destruct, but adds Charm and Death Sencence instead of Oil
Drain Touch- completely drains a target's MP
Monster Skill is Lich (now uses the death formula, and randomly inflicts negative status, deals 20% max hp damage)
innates are Teleport, Float, Blade Grasp, and Short Charge
elemental properties: weak holy and lightning, immune wind and ice, absorb dark. (you might also have to put in half fire in order to fully negate the fire weakness added as a result of  innate undead status)
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com