• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Universal Slowdown removal patch

Started by plastik, February 17, 2013, 05:42:44 am

plastik

Hello all,
For a while I was looking for a slowdown fix for FFT: WotL and I found a patch made by someone (I don't remember his name, sorry). But It was very difticult to apply his patch because his patch was an ips to apply on the iso file. So if you don't have the same iso the patch won't apply properly.
So I've decided to make a patch wich is compatible with all version of the game, evan Jap version and all modified iso. So even the modified game can be patched with it.
You must have .net framework 4.5 installed to open the patcher.
All credit goes to Archaemic !!  He found the way to fix the slowdown. I just made a windows program to patch your iso.

BernardR

May 21, 2017, 01:30:00 am #1 Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 09:41:37 pm by Nyzer
Plastik I just tried your patch and it works perfect. Thanks very much for making and sharing it. Are you still playing by the way?
  • Modding version: WotL

Nyzer

You can check a user's profile by clicking them. They haven't been active on these forums for over four years. It's exceptionally unlikely they'll return.

And it probably would be better to simply PM a user under such circumstances, anyway. That, too, can be accomplished by clicking them.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

total body workout

Hello. I registered on this forum because I have been attempting to emulate WotL in Japanese via PPSSPP and was pretty appalled to learn about the slowdown issue. None of the other patches work--the most popular ISO patcher is for USA and EU only, which is understandable given the lingua franca here, and the original live patches are obviously not supported on PPSSPP. When I founnd this helpfully pinned thread I thought I might have my answer, but I tested it out on the Japanese and USA versions and neither removed the slowdown in any way.

I think that this probably *works*, but that there's something I'm missing... there's no readme or documentation for this program, although it worked for someone else. So I'd like to ask, if OP has any instructions that might help me troubleshoot, or if Bernard could describe the process and details by which he patched it (filename of the patched ISO, etc), or if anyone else could direct me to an alternate method of patching the Japanese ISO to be reasonably playable.

Thank you!

Nyzer

What? This patch definitely removes the slowdown on the US version. I can personally guarantee that.

total body workout

Sorry, you are completely right. I tried it again with a fresh US copy and it worked like a charm. However, I tried it again with an untouched Japanese ISO and it doesn't work at all.

I'm following the same steps, and the filesize is altered to a similar degree. The Japanese patched ISO runs just fine except the slowdown isn't altered at all. So I know that the patch is taking effect, it's just not changing what it needs to change, and apparently only for the Japanese version.

I'm not sure what to do. It may not be possible at this juncture to emulate WOTL in Japanese without the slowdown, and none of my searches of the forum have yielded information that specifically applies to playing a Japanese ISO on PPSSPP with a fix for the slowdown besides this thread.

Angel

If I remember correctly, the slowdown fix itself is either two or three byte swaps. I don't work with the PSP version at all, though.

You could try poking endrift at romhacking.net or on reddit, though.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

total body workout

Thank you very much for the lead! If I can DIY it somehow then that'd be fantastic as well. So I will inquire to endrift about it. And if I can get any useful information regarding this to help others with the same problem then I will edit it into this post.

endrift

August 04, 2017, 03:19:31 am #8 Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 04:06:09 am by endrift
Yes hello I have been summoned.

wait why is this thread pinned? This is literally just a repackaged version of my post in another forum on this same board.

E] Here's a BPS file that should patch it. Haven't tested it though.

total body workout

Thank you so much for your help in this process, I had a chance to try out the patch.

So I downloaded the BPS and used Beat to patch a fresh FFT WOTL JP file. Got the message that patch had applied successfully. Played the patched file, tried a couple of moves, all still had slowdown. Just to be sure, I had kept the .rar that my WOTL JP file came in, and tried patching and playing another fresh copy--still had slowdown on the moves.

This was my experience trying it out. If you need me to try again or provide any other relevant info, please let me know.

Sanguis

Hey. I recently got PPSSPP and I'm playing FFT WOTL - but my game has this really annoying glitch that whenever a sword skill is used (Judgement/Shadowblade as examples) or potions - or any wizard/priest ability, the game slows down A LOT.

I came across this and thought it could be it - however, when I apply the patch, my iso becomes corrupt. Or so PPSSPP says. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Nyzer

Angel

Edit: I typed this before Nyzer responded.

Yes, that's what it is. And it's not a glitch; they actually forced the game to be that horrid during any ability animation.

As for the ISO being reported as corrupt, I'm not sure. Every version of PPSSPP I have runs the fixed ISO fine. Incorrect game region for the patch?
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Sanguis

It was an USA iso.

I managed to find an ISO with the patch already applied to it in the internet and grabbed it. That did it! Thanks!

jaspionsama

someone can help me? i tried this patch, but doesnt work, its keep on extracting iso for hours... i guess was my antivirus, i added on whitelist and still the patch is not working T^T

Urd3

I'm having the same problem. It's 'Extracting Iso" for hours. And sadly it was working the day after, but now it won't work! Whyyyyy T_T

StabbyMeowkins

Quote from: plastik on February 17, 2013, 05:42:44 amHello all,
For a while I was looking for a slowdown fix for FFT: WotL and I found a patch made by someone (I don't remember his name, sorry). But It was very difticult to apply his patch because his patch was an ips to apply on the iso file. So if you don't have the same iso the patch won't apply properly.
So I've decided to make a patch wich is compatible with all version of the game, evan Jap version and all modified iso. So even the modified game can be patched with it.
You must have .net framework 4.5 installed to open the patcher.
All credit goes to Archaemic !!  He found the way to fix the slowdown. I just made a windows program to patch your iso.

I know its been almost 10 years, but I've come here to say thank you for this, as I've been having issues with it and it resolved nearly 99.9% of my issues, and has allowed me to re-enjoy the game on the PC, avoiding the lag the Vita has for this game.

Thank you for your time and effort of allowing this to be downloadable even after all this time has passed.