• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:03:12 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Final Fantasy VI Portraited

Started by Lijj, April 22, 2011, 08:56:50 pm

Lijj

Final Fantasy VI portraited .ips-
Title screen

[naked girls to entice potential players^^]

A patch including all new portraits.   Drawn by Lijj except   TERRA and EDGAR,  drawn by Smash.
Main  battle  music is changed to the battle music from Final Fantasy IV (Final Fantasy II).
A couple item names and effects have been altered.  Weapon power  rose   very slightly while 
the HP of enemies rose very slightly.   Umaro is controllable and Mog's Dance is fall-proof.

Siren has been un-censored. Starlet is now a reclining nude and Shiva has been changed. Ultros is
double in size and detail; he's also tougher. A few minor  enemy changes are Displayer is gone
and Osteosaur is gone while Monocerus and Recliner have been added.

3 Patches used, 2 made by Gi-Nattack and the music by Angelo26 (non-stumbling Mog, Functional Umaro
  and FFIV battle music)
Thanks to Gi-Nattack and Angelo26
also Thanks to all others that made editing easy
Zeemis,  Poco-Loco  and   Lord J
Special thanks to Smash for the inspiration and for creating the first two portraits

Final FantasyVI/Final Fantasy III (C)1994 Squaresoft
                                     (C)Square Co., Ltd
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________||||(Lijj)____

ZIP also includes: Collector's art
                       &
Final Fantasy portraited BASE .ips-

Just a basic base patch with portraits mentioned above added only.
Portraits Drawn by Lijj except   TERRA and EDGAR,  drawn by Smash.

Final FantasyVI/Final Fantasy III (C)1994 Squaresoft
                                     (C)Square Co., Ltd
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________||||(Lijj)____

Files here:
http://lijj.ffhacktics.com/Lijj2/FFVIportraited.zip
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

I would play it, but I have beaten FF6 few times before, and I just can't motivate myself to play again :/ Would you mind posting all the sprites changes you did? Or send them to me through PM if you want to keep it from players.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Tea

sprites are in the package, as .png files I think.

Lijj

April 24, 2011, 12:30:35 am #3 Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 12:31:15 am by Lijj
I left all the sprites as they are except a few enemies and one esper. I repixeled Ultros to make him double size.
and yes all the ports etc. are in the zip folder. I gave Umaro throw and blitz last night and I might make him able to throw other team-mates if the script I got works well.
I can see why you wouldn't play again after beating it a couple times already. I kept it true to the original anyhow just made bosses a little stronger and some other tweaks.

GeneralStrife

cant get past the part where you have to defeat the guy using blitz, cant get gay blitz to work

Twinees

click accept on blitz, do the arrow/button sequence, then click accept again.

Lijj

When I used to play street fighter on SNES or anything involving directional combos. I would put my shirt or some cloth under my thumb on the pad... really takes away the resistance; I could get dragon punch every time. I wonder if it's because you're using a keyboard.. bum rush should still be easy on a keyboard though so nevermind.. What Twinees said.
I also just fixed a glitching Ultros so if you can, re-patch it, you can still keep your last save state.
:D glad you patched

Kaijyuu

Blitz is perhaps easier to do on a keyboard since you don't have to do the swoosh motion.

Example: Instead of doing "down, down-left, left" just do "down, down, left". The game doesn't seem to care if you do a proper diagonal press.

Lijj

ah.. Never tried a d-pad combo on a keyboard. Good thing it works that way.

Tea

Quote from: Kaijyuu on April 25, 2011, 04:42:43 am
Blitz is perhaps easier to do on a keyboard since you don't have to do the swoosh motion.

Example: Instead of doing "down, down-left, left" just do "down, down, left". The game doesn't seem to care if you do a proper diagonal press.

The game never cared for that on SNES and GBA either, a swooshing motion is just faster, but less accurate.

Lijj

Dang I knew I should have re-pixeled more sprites for the sake of breasts.. I did make Shiva sexier. I didn't like her sprite much in this game so it was completely changed. Mine didn't turn out too great but it's more interesting and sexier.

st4rw4k3r

I question you cover. Some unidentifiable tenticale monster, and a naked girl. This can't end to well.

Reminds me of a certain godzilla poster.