• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:21:56 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Lijj's Sprites

Started by Lijj, April 29, 2010, 06:45:40 am

RandMuadDib

so when attacking, does the mindmaster just use his telekinesis to hit/shoot/stab with his weapons, like Mewtwo in Smash bros?
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

GeneralStrife

Lijj

I was hoping it would be just telekinetic but it's actually going to have weapons. Kokojo said the game's balanced would be thrown off if the weapons were removed in their class.  So the staves will float when they attack.

You know know you like that butt!
  • Modding version: PSX

GeneralStrife

That might actually look cool, mindmaster using telekinesis to staff whack. I guess we will see, superb job Lijj.

mav

I like the male Mindmaster a lot. The female looks great too. I'm gonna request that you make her ponytail float when she casts, just cause I think it'd look hilarious.

Lijj

August 12, 2011, 07:44:55 pm #585 Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 09:42:06 pm by Lijj
Good idea mav. I'll make it float as much as I can within the space.

Edit; may as well post a quick gif (back 'walking' frames):

GeneralStrife

Lijj

August 13, 2011, 12:51:09 am #587 Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 10:04:40 am by Lijj
Did two small edits on the male and finished the female's sheet as well. But, due to the shared part- frames of the singing and casting frames with the walking; I couldn't do much with the standing hair. :oops: :mad: :oops: :(

Now I just need to do the portraits and palette them.

GeneralStrife

August 13, 2011, 12:56:52 am #588 Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 12:57:23 am by GeneralStrife
well we got an impressive bulbous cranium portrait base already for the male.
Except he doesn't need 20 chins.

Lijj

Oh great. I'll use it as refference. Thanks General Strife

RavenOfRazgriz

So these guys will have Smash Bros. Melee floaty weapons like Mewtwo?

Sweet as hell.  Makes me want to use them for... something, now.

Great job on these, Lijj.  They came out great so far.

Lijj

Perfect, it's Kokojo's birthday and they are done or :mad: almost (forgot about palettes for a second).

Cheetah

The girl's face looks a bit squashed and they both appear to have extra long necks, but otherwise very nice portraits.
Current Projects:

Mando

August 16, 2011, 12:22:56 pm #593 Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 12:28:32 pm by Mando
I don't think the face looks squashed... I think it maybe the mouth position...

also that part of the hair line I would blend in a bit more... it almost looks like it is connecting instead of being "parted"

I moved the mouth over by a pixel I think it may have helped...

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

mav

Careful with those dark pixels on the right side of her face and the back side of her hair (above the braid) and take Mando's changes for the mouth. The male looks pretty good, I'd just rather not see the hand in the portrait.

GeneralStrife

I think they are great, considering lijj jumped into this balls first, and made a tough ass portrait with closed eyes and hands

Lijj

August 16, 2011, 07:26:17 pm #596 Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 07:26:47 pm by Lijj
 Thanks for the feedback fellows.
Ok, I de-scrunched the girl's face by moving the eyes up. The neck length I realized is fine compared to original portraits. I fixed the hair part and the mouth as suggested by mando but I found I could use one hair color as a good buffer to fix the angle on the mouth.. So I'm much happier with that now. I also took out those dark pixels on the edge as Mav suggested.

The male's neck I shortened by 2 pixels which really fixed the overall balance in that one :)
I don't see how I didn't see that throwing the whole thing off before Cheetah.

I have to keep the hands though; I like em very much personally.

Mando

Nice, gunna upload so we can see the results ;D?

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

Lijj

Yeah why not. but They'll need to have innate float casted upon them or the lack of water frames will look terrible in-game heheh.
I'll go ahead and palette them soon.

GeneralStrife

Well done lijj, you took a shot in the dark on something that's never been done before.