• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 06:31:39 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Plans for new sprites, whats everyone working on?

Started by Zozma, April 24, 2008, 08:34:17 pm

Mari

The swaying is not the problem. The swaying look fine~
It's the curls that are the problem, they are only in a couple of the poses of standing still, but not the others. (That you can even see the ponytail in.)
Like, when you look at poses #1 and #2 of the same picture, there is no evidence of curls at the end of the tail, even though she is still standing still.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
As the puppeteer pulls His strings,
The fragile doll spreads Her wings.
To dance a ballet as He directs
That is the Curse of the Marionette.

Controlled by a hand far, far above,
Forbidden to care, forbidden to love.
Forever shall She mime what She cannot know,
Until the day She loses her illusory glow.

Propped up on a stilt where wine once stood,
The Marionette is, once more, only wood.
Her glossy eyes have lost their shine,
Her silken hair, turned to twine.

What a fate awaits the poor little doll,
Who dances and runs but cannot stand at all.
And the puppeteer is applauded at the end of every show,
But the audience's joyous response the doll can never know.

I am but a doll on an endless stage,
Dancing for others whilst I slowly age.
My puppeteer sits far above,
Hiding His face behind a white glove.

And when I have aged to nothing but wood,
I will be tucked away in a closet where a doll once stood.
Then, as I gather dust and the world passes by,
I will be forgotten by the vast, blue sky.

Lijj

• Modding version: PSX

Atma

My name is Atma... I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.

Kagebunji

Good work Atma, this looks better and better. Small advice for future, if you are picking a base, look for one in wich arms are looking the way you want, or similiar, it is easier to recolor and make edits instead of copy/pasting them and fixing.

Atma

just finished off these few frames... man, u've really gotta do a lot of repainting (and squinting to make pixels look like shadows  :roll:
@ Kagebunji sounds like good advice to me.  i did 2 edits prior to this one which were mostly just that.  i copied over the hair for one of them and arms and hat for the other.  luckily they overlapped without any problem.  this edit is a bit of a pain, but it's my own damn fault for combining 2 types.

Kagebunji

I will love you if you finish this sprite, not only I loved Disgaea's Ronins, now I love their FFT versions too :). Great job man.(or woman, you never know, heh)

SilvasRuin

I have to second that sentiment.  It really is awesome, and I would be ecstatic if there's more to come after that.  It really does look like its Disgaea counterpart.

Atma

i'm glad you like it.  it was always one of my favourite looking sprites from Disgaea, so i had to do it :roll:.  I'll probably do the ninja sprite i showed earlier and i'd love to do the Beastmaster as well... but i don't know how well it would translate to FFT.  i'll probably take a lil break after this one is complete, before i start on my next one.
@ Kage - i'm a dude  :lol:

Kagebunji

Next frames and it is still awesome. Continue.

No worries, I sprite during sleeptime as well sometimes ;)

jimmyjw88

Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Tonb3rry

So, I'm working on a few projects at the moment - VampDragon has gotten me on a horror kick :P

[attachment=0:2qhz2ohx]Zombie.bmp[/attachment:2qhz2ohx]
These Zombies are ideas I'm tossing around for helping with the Zombie Tactics patch - I'm thinking green; the blue one looks a little more Death Knight to me; stance speaks dangerous, not shambling.

[attachment=1:2qhz2ohx]Pyramid Head.bmp[/attachment:2qhz2ohx]
I love Pyramid Head, and while there may not be much place for him in a game like tactics, I also think he would be an utterly horrifying boss.

[attachment=2:2qhz2ohx]Ash.bmp[/attachment:2qhz2ohx]
A little much? Maybe; but why the hell not? I do not like the body, I'm thinking I'm going to use Balthier as a base, but I rather like the wee chainsaw - think it turned out well.

jimmyjw88

That green zombie looks promising. Teal isn't bad for zombie too. Anyway, good job.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Atma

so random, it's awesome.  i'd actually like zombies to be in FFT... would suit fights against lucavi bosses, or just random battles with ghouls and skeletons.

Kyousukeee

Somehow the third image reminds me of Vice from Tactics Ogre .

@Atma
Great female sprites , I hope you get both finished ^^

Kagebunji

murak

I recently got a PSP with custom firmware on it, so I decided that I would try to see about making some more FFT sprites.

This one was done quickly to see how the colours would look before I even tried to colour index it. (the hair is going to have the same colours as the boots)

What do you guys think about it?

DeadManWalking

That's...alot like my Marshal sprite, first tough sprite I made.  Good job, though.

murak

Hope you don't mind I used your sprite as a base for the body,  I was in the middle of making one myself using Cloud as a base, and I saw your sprite and decided to see how it would look as a test.

And I figured it was obvious enough what I used for the body that I didn't need to say it because it has your spriting style and was only recently added to the sprite page.

Although in retrospect, i probably should have checked to see if you were okay with me using it first.

On that note, would you mind if I used it?

It would be for a private mod I'm not going to be giving to anyone.

DeadManWalking

Fine as long as you give me a little credit as a spriter if you decide to not keep it private.  I tried Cloud's pants myself when I first made the sprite.  Cloud's pants are... wonky, at best.