• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Possible anti-demi solution for zodiacs

Started by Kharan, April 16, 2008, 09:46:08 pm

Kharan

April 16, 2008, 09:46:08 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kharan
Hello everyone. I've been lurking here for quite a while, and finally got around to my first post. With that out of the way, I thought of a way to neutralize Demi, Demi 2 and Life Drain for zodiac beasts. You see, by making these spells reflectable, giving innate reflect to Lucavi, and removing the spell Reflect/all reflecting equipment (and also changing all normally reflectable spells) it should be possible to cancel them (well, for now only in paper). It *would* require you to sacrifice a perfectly worthless and rarely used spell and effect, but I believe the benefits outweigh the costs. Furthermore, it'd make a long forgotten and despised accessory like the Cherche (that's the reflecting perfume, right?) very useful: you'd simply rebound the spell onto the zodiac beast (provided, of course, that you keep it as it is). It would still take a lot of skill and effort, but personally, I find that it´s yet another reason to try this idea. I'd test it myself, but I've got no savestates to try it (and no particular reason to disable those spells, which, BTW, are the only ways to survive for TM's and Oracles in SCC Lucavi battles).

Austin

April 16, 2008, 09:59:43 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Austin
I found it easier to just make the demi type spells dark elemental and make the zodiac beasts immune to that particular element. Reflect's a good status effect that I use pretty often when I have a time mage so I wouldn't want to limit it like that, but I'm pretty sure your idea would work if you wanted to go through with it.

Oh, and welcome to the forum. :P
  • Modding version: PSX

Lydyn

April 16, 2008, 10:04:03 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
That actually gives me the idea of making Life Drain Wind & Dark, just for the purposes of canceling it for Zodiacs (I made them immune to wind).

Austin

April 16, 2008, 10:07:13 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Austin
You may want to do the same with the summon spell lich too if you're looking to prevent demi-type spells from being used on them.

Lydyn

April 16, 2008, 10:12:41 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Nice catch, thanks!

Kharan

April 17, 2008, 12:48:50 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kharan
I had forgotten that... still, I prefer the reflect idea, mostly because I have fiddled quite a bit with the Dark/Holy elements, and such a change might defeat the purpose. What I really like about the reflect solution is the fact that, if you're unaware, it can end up harming your own units. Anyway, I'll keep that in mind.

Zozma

April 17, 2008, 02:53:05 am #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
it really does seem most fitting to just make demi darkness elemental, with the zodiac beasts being evil anyway, plus it would create a challenge making the undead immune as well.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Xifanie

April 17, 2008, 06:53:07 am #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
life drain ain't affect by elementals, no?
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

BlackMageShin

April 21, 2008, 12:34:22 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by BlackMageShin
^Yeah, it's not.

Demi type spells are easy to fix but there's no good solution for draining spells. Lowering the drain ratio helps but they become near useless against regular enemies.

Lydyn

April 21, 2008, 03:03:46 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
I think messing with elementals does have an effect, but it's far from canceling the effects of drain all together. I never liked the Oracle Class much anyways. :P

Vanya

May 27, 2008, 05:14:37 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
I think I have a solution. If we were to give Demi type spells a cancel status effect like oils for example. And made all zodiac jobs immune to it then the spells would only work if they had said status. Thus they would never work on any unit that is immune to said status. The only snag is that we would have to give every other unit the same status as a permanent effect. So we'd need a status effect that has no visible effect and no affect on game play.

Edit:It might also work the other way around if demi were given an all-or-nothing status effect. I'll test both to see what happens.

Edit: forget it. didn't work at all. The strange thing is that I made a skill called First aid that cancels critical status and restore 20% HP and it only works if the target is in critical status.

Edit: Making Demi an element and then giving a unit immunity to that eliment effectively negates the spell. But, didn't work for absorbing skills.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯