• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:26:26 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Twinees' Sprites

Started by Twinees, September 19, 2009, 09:59:13 am

Kagebunji

You forgot about Lezard, Twin. :P

I wouldn't mind seeing you two doing a teamwork. Neat idea, but I dunno if you either are willing to or have time for this.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Twinees

I've talked to Lijj about this, and we are both willing to do it, but it is just a bad time for me atm.
And I don't believe I will have any time to do much, other than the occasional portrait here and there, for at least a month :(.
  • Modding version: PSX

Celdia

Well no one said you had to just go at it right right now. We'd all just love to see what would come from the two of you working together on more stuff. Patience is a virtue every hacker, spriter and patcher around here with any sense of completion to their work has in spades. We can wait. ^_^
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Lijj

June 22, 2011, 05:04:17 pm #763 Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 05:08:59 pm by Lijj
If you could squeeze in a couple portraits it would be kind of nice to see the two other Samurai's I did get some more quality portraits from you. I really hate the male's portrait. And that Girl Version is a tank of a sprite, she is worthy of one of yours as well.
Of course at a casual pace for you and only only if you feel like it.

Twinees

As Kage had been hounding me to finish off the Dart sprite I started so long ago, (and I was finally happy with the portrait) I revamped it and finished it, with a little bit of help from the Kagebunny himself.

Next I will be working on a male dragoon to go with the female counterpart ive finished.

I'll submit this later when I'm on a computer that can run shishi :P.

GeneralStrife

Cheetah

WOOOT! This sprite works really well as a reworked warrior. Instantly recognizable as Dart though, you did a great job of transforming him into FFT style. How much of the arms is custom?
Current Projects:

Twinees

The red arm is entirely custom, and the other arm i just changed some pixels around to make it fit. Haha i just realised that i havent c/p the death frames.

thechancellor

This has to be one of the sickest sprites ever. Very badass. Love it. Great job.
Don't really have anything witty or interesting to put here...

Twinees

July 16, 2011, 06:42:30 am #769 Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 06:46:06 am by Twinees
Cheers guys, heres the final version of Dart in bmp and spr form. I guess i will submit it now :P. Ill post a picture later of what I intend to make the male dragoon look like, ill probably go with Smash's design.

Oh i also forgot to mention that the sprite is Type 1.

Kagebunji

Stiil no palettes Twin. You don't want to do them?

mav

God, that's gorgeous. I'm working on palettes right now, Twin. So if you'd like me to give this fella the full treatment, lemme know.

Lijj

I support that notion! It is a nice sprite and good job on the custom arm.

GeneralStrife

Dart finally got some justice.
A+ Twin.

Cheetah

July 17, 2011, 02:21:10 am #774 Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 02:22:17 am by Cheetah
How many colors is this sprite using Twin? It would be cool for additional palettes to perhaps more colors so they aren't quite as monotone.

I really need to test out this sprite to see those hair animations in action, they look awesome.
Current Projects:

Twinees

It is 15 colours, so not much room to do much with unless i change some things around but if need be, i could share some colours to make it 13-14. But Dart is pretty monotone anyway haha. The gloves don't share any colours with the hair or skin, so it will hopefully look alright in different colours.

That sounds great mav, id actually completely forgotten about adding other palettes haha.
Lijj could you hold off updating the custom sprites page until the palettes are done? It would mean that you wouldn't have to update it twice :P.

And thanks everyone, i appreciate the great responses! I wouldn't be continuing to make sprites without encouraging words like these!

I'll post soon with some other stuff I intend to work on.

Cheetah

Yeah one color to work with probably wont be that useful. I thought you could have the first palette very true to Dart, but then have alternate palettes have more color variety. I'm looking forward to seeing the alternative palettes either way.
Current Projects:

mav

Sweet, I'll try to get some up within the next day or two. Any palette ideas in mind? I usually just mimic the color combinations seen in Vanilla, but I'm willing to mix it up a bit.

Kagebunji

Personally I was browsing through old Squire palettes he had on in early stages, and silver armor plus pink/red hair combo looked somewhat nice on him, hehe. I will leave it up to you though.