• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:05:24 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

team exclusive sprites and color editing

Started by Loserhero1982, December 01, 2010, 01:42:18 am

Loserhero1982

December 01, 2010, 01:42:18 am Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 12:21:13 pm by Loserhero1982
Ok so I just started all this custom sprite business, I downloaded a few of the custom sprites and successfully installed them now my two questions are...

1.Is there a way where i can make the sprites exclusive to my team as in the enemy will have their original sprites meanwhile my team will have the downloaded ones?  I replaced a knight and monk and now the enemies have the same sprite...

2.I want to change my black mages color to black how would I do this with the shi shi editor i tried to just change the color in the pallette but it didnt take in the game. I notice theres more than one sprite for a job in the editor does this have something to do with it?

Thank you in advance Love the site and all the work that's been done to one of my favorite games

Stoh

Hello there, I'm also a noob, but I think I may nevertheless answer your questions :

1. I think there is no easy way for what you want. IMHO the only way is to duplicate all the base jobs, or at least the ones you want with a custom skin (provided you find enough job slots to do so), change the skin of the original jobs to the custom ones (which will be used by the player's units), and edit all fights in the game to give the duplicated jobs (with the original skin) to enemies, instead of the ones accessible to the player.

2. What you did should work, but you have indeed to modify the good sprite. Look for the sprite which is surrounded by all base job (accessible to player I mean) sprites.

Hope that helps !

Kill_Bones

1. If the sprite you replaced the knight with is unique (only supposed to be 1 of him/her) then you've taken a wrong turn. Replacing generic jobs such as the knight or monk is a bad idea if you want a unique character. Instead, restart the process with a clean ISO (a copy of the game you haven't edited) and follow the steps in Jon's character creation tutorial, you can find that at the top of our help section.

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....