• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 05:37:49 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Help! I can't get 1.3ez to patch! (PSP)

Started by Lantus, May 20, 2010, 12:53:29 pm

Lantus

Ok, here's my problem. I'm attempting to patch a clean FFT PSP ISO, adding the 1.3 easytype patch to the game. I load up PPF-o-matic, plug both the ISO and ppf in, hit the button, and wait. It tells me to burn to a cd and I'm done. BUT... as far as I can tell, it does nothing to the ISO except make it unplayable. The PSP loads the PSP white screen, then kicks back to the Home menu with the phrase "The game could not be started. (80020148)".

Plugging the clean ISO into the PSP, it works fine, so I'm almost certain it's not the ISO. Checking the patched ISO, the size of the file has not changed, and neither have the PNGs in the file itself change. SO... what gives?

I got both the patch and PPF-o-matic from here, so I think I've got the most up to date versions... Also, I downloaded both the PPF-o-matic .exe and .dmg files, though I'm not sure what the heck that second one is. I've tried both the USA and the EUR ppf versions, and both give the same error message. I also tried the 13030x USA and EUR versions, no luck, and same error message both times.

Am I missing a step? Did I not download something critical along the way? Do I really need to burn to a cd, or am I fine by simply pulling my ISO from the comp to the PSP memory card? Is there such things as ISOs that run fine normally, but can't be patched? Is my PSP not updated enough, maybe (which would be really odd, since I'm running 5.50 GEN-D3)? I'm almost certain that, at this point, it's PPF-o-matic that's making the problem, but I can't prove it.

I'm at my wits end, here, and any help would be appreciated. I'd rather not have to beg for a post-patched ISO to play this...

Oaks

O-M-G sorry to revive the other topic while ago, but just now i found this tópic, THIS is EXACTLY what happens to me, i just got this black screen, and got this message, or my PSP shut off... :mrgreen: