• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:47:04 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

War of the Lions Unit Gender

Started by NiteKat, December 14, 2019, 04:23:23 pm

NiteKat

Searching around the site and forum and Wiki, I found some information on how Gender is stored in the game, but I'm seeing some conflicting information in save files. From what I gather, 0x80 is Male, 0x40 is Female, 0x20 is Monster, and 0x04 is Egg, and this initially lined up with what I was seeing in a save file; however, I just started a new game, and took a look at the save file, and it started using 0x90 for Male, 0x50 for Female, and Delita has 0x81? Does anyone have more detailed information on how the gender byte works?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

NiteKat

Well, I just feel silly. I realized now how the "gender byte" works. It's more than just gender, and it's a bit field. This link helped me realize my mistake, when I saw the other bits of information under Gender Byte that matched with a section of the patching application. http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/World_Stats
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown