• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:50:16 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Final Fantasy Tactics Remix XVI

Started by tealFOXY, July 01, 2013, 04:24:16 am

Jumza

It's Auto Target, not Auto. This box can be found on the bottom in the far left column, it's the second one from the bottom.

If you are having a lot of trouble with making abilities function, you can post screenshots of the page of that ability from FFTPatcher (in a spoiler, because if you get everything in the pic it becomes quite large) and I can tell you if you are missing something or should add something or have something wrong with it!
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

tealFOXY

July 05, 2013, 02:29:21 pm #21 Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 04:03:47 pm by tealFOXY
Refresh error. FIXED

Anti Seal FIXED

Jumza

Ah, once again I may not have been clear enough.

I need to see the whole thing, or if that isn't possible, if I could see what it looks like when it is scrolled all the way down. because the boxes on the top are how the AI reacts to the ability. The bottom is what the ability actually does. That's what I need to see.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

tealFOXY

This explains a lot. I actually didn't notice the scroll bar on the abilities... I was able to fix what was wrong with Refresh and Anti Seal! I also found the Auto Target. Couldn't understand what you guys were talking about earlier. I feel quite silly...

However some checkboxes, again, are vague.
- Vertical Fixed/Threshold?

One thing I've noticed is that I replaced Invitation with a new spell. Dark Offering takes up that slot. It will always add "(person) has Joined!" after any successful hit, but I've taken off the infliction of Invite. Is it hard coded that way?

Actually it's just that really...

Jumza

Yeah, the invite ability is coded so that when it hit's it says {person} joins. You can change this text, but you can't get rid of it. Most people just leave Invite in the game anyway.

Gotta have some way to capture npc's :P

If you're confused on what a certain checkbox means, try a) experimenting AND b) looking for abilities with that checked off.
Currently I forget what those boxes mean... hopefully you can figure it out!

The Damned

July 05, 2013, 09:33:41 pm #25 Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 10:12:48 pm by The Damned
(Yeah, some of the boxes are still vague given the process used to create it, but for the most part, what Jumza said should show what most things do in obvious ways.)

Good to see this already moving along and that you've already started testing some things, if only in a messing around way. That already shows a lot more initiative than the majority of the patches posted here, mine included.

Have you decided on what the other classes are going to be? Actually, I didn't ask before: Are you even planning for there to still be 20 classes in this?

Quote from: Jumza on July 05, 2013, 01:58:17 pm
It's Auto Target, not Auto. This box can be found on the bottom in the far left column, it's the second one from the bottom.

I have the older version of FFPatcher still then, which now reminds me that I should update I guess.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: tealFOXY on July 05, 2013, 04:03:18 pmHowever some checkboxes, again, are vague.
- Vertical Fixed/Threshold?

Vertical Threshold means that targeting the skill obeys the Vertical setting of the ability in addition to the Effect Area obeying it.  (IE, with Swordskills.)

Vertical Fixed means that (iirc) the Effect Area's Vertical restrictions are based on the caster's panel instead of the target's panel.  (IE, with Earth Slash or Holy Explosion.)

(You can also use certain checkboxes on the Status tab of FFTPatcher to control which Status Effects are canceled by Immortality.)

Quote from: Jumza on July 05, 2013, 04:19:36 pm
Yeah, the invite ability is coded so that when it hit's it says {person} joins. You can change this text, but you can't get rid of it. Most people just leave Invite in the game anyway.

This is blatantly untrue.  The text popup for abilities is controlled by the third Ability Animation byte and refers to a table of text entries found in FFTacText.

tealFOXY

I would like for there to be a large amount of classes, yes. 20? Maybe. Maybe not. We'll have to see as the patch progresses and my ideas come and go.

I definitely want a large, diverse cast of jobs! It makes it much more fun to explore and play through the classes. I'm trying to make every job have a double edged swords, or are double edged swords themselves to make the classes not as basic.

@Raven, Vertical Fixed makes a lot of sense now, but Threshold still is a bit odd. :o

Jumza

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on July 05, 2013, 09:37:42 pm
This is blatantly untrue.

Another one!? How many times have you had to come in and point out what I'm saying is wrong? Yeesh, I know so little -_-

tealFOXY

Formula question:

Is there a formula that exists for a reduction in Brave + Status Ailment %? I tried doing the "-Brave (y) + hit f(ma+x)%" in thinking that it would be able to manage both Brave reduction and an "Add Haste". Is this possible? I've tested it, but can only manage -Brave.

The Damned

July 06, 2013, 04:33:48 am #30 Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 01:27:02 pm by The Damned
(No.)

None of the vanilla formulas that have to do with Brave or Stats can inflict or cancel any status, which why all of them are marked by "NS", which is on some other formulas as well, like Chakra's.

It's something you'd have to code (or ask someone else to code).

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

tealFOXY

I don't have any questions for now, but this is just a notice!

If you haven't been paying attention to the first post, make sure you change that if you're curious on updates. I'm changing the jobs as the process continues, so if you want to know, or put in your opinion, please do put it in! I love alternate perspectives!

tealFOXY

(Sorry for DP)

Again, I haven't forgotten about the project. Work has kept me busy and prevented me from being able to make progress on the patch, but it's still definitely on my mind!

The Damned

(Double posting is generally fine around here so long as it is not within only a day one's self.)

Similarly, no need to feel like you have to constantly update the thread to show that you're still working on it or at least still interested. It helps, but...yeah.

Since you're "back", though, I was wondering, how exactly do plan to style the Four Beast-based classes? Or have you not yet presently decided upon that?

tealFOXY

July 16, 2013, 10:58:22 am #34 Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 01:15:59 pm by tealFOXY
They're posed to be very difficult to nab. They require fairly high job levels.

I want to add their origins to their outfits and spells. Each constellation stands for an animal and season, so I'll throw that into the mix of things when I get there. I'm not sure how you mean "style".

EDIT: Concept art of a female Seiryu.

tealFOXY

How does one alter the animation used? I'm fine with the current set animations, I just have some abilities on Mediator skills that do Speak animations. I have no idea how to navigate the "Animations" bar of the FFTPatcher... It's all just a bunch of blank checkboxes.

Jumza

There is probably a guide on the Animations tab of the FFTP (I don't know if there is, but maybe somewhere?), but I'd say the easiest way to change it would be to try and mimic other ones.

tealFOXY

Rewriting the four "ancient" classes into unique jobs for unique characters such as Meliadoul, Rafa, Malak, Beowulf, Rad, Alicia, and Lavian. I fear they may turn out overpowering and break the game, thus, they should be left to unique characters.

Rad, Alicia, and Lavian will most likely not have the constellation classes in the end more than likely. They're unique, but not THAT unique.

Also thinking about replacing Rods and Harps with Fans (Japanese folding fans) and Whips.