• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 06:06:44 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Patch Proposals/Ideas Thread

Started by Dominic NY18, February 14, 2009, 01:59:21 pm

Dome

October 09, 2009, 07:37:43 am #360 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Quote from: "SolidSnakeDog"15.No-charge and Teleport 2 Can be learned for 2500 JP. (Ninja has teleport/Blue mage has No-Charge)
End of game

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

SolidSnakeDog

October 09, 2009, 08:01:52 am #361 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
Dome says :
15.No-charge and Teleport 2 Can be learned for 2500 JP. (Ninja has teleport/Blue mage has No-Charge)

End of game

See... Thats the reison wy i posted it BEFORE submiting it. To get a few tips and junk and not doing any stupid stuff. i will just remove em and...that it. No harm done.  :wink:
What about the other changes? There are alright right?

Dome

October 09, 2009, 08:03:47 am #362 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
It seems a lot similar to 1.3, correct me if I'm wrong...

SolidSnakeDog

October 09, 2009, 08:16:22 am #363 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
Nope very different actually. Enemies dont folow your level/ the ENTD was changed but nothing i taked form 1.3.
Same to items excluding the daggers. This have Blue mage and the 1.3 has Sage...Changed the items gain using move-find-item 1.3 did not. The monster poach was totally done by me.

I may aslo add a few sprites i got form this site later.  :)

Asmo X

October 09, 2009, 08:21:51 am #364 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
This just seems like a personal-type patch. Theres nothing about it that's really going to draw the interest of a large amount of people.

SolidSnakeDog

October 09, 2009, 08:29:23 am #365 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
Well...sort off.

but i know something is missing, something important...something...like sprites or something...but sprites will not make it much better. Any tips for using something that will fill the *Holes* so people can be more interested in playing this?

Samuraiblackbelt

October 24, 2009, 04:11:56 pm #366 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Samuraiblackbelt
a new story? like Asmo said, this is more of a personal patch
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

SolidSnakeDog

October 25, 2009, 10:58:41 am #367 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
Never mind this patch anymore. im working on an different one.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

October 26, 2009, 03:14:13 pm #368 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Pickle Girl Fanboy
Random Question:
Is it possible, at this very moment, to make a hack where every event presents a choice which changes, well, everything to come?  Something vaguely like Tactics Ogre?

Event 1: A or B?

Event 2A: C or D?

Event 2B: E or F?

This is simplifying it.

philsov

October 27, 2009, 10:01:35 am #369 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Quote from: "death is the road to awe"Random Question:
Is it possible, at this very moment, to make a hack where every event presents a choice which changes, well, everything to come?  Something vaguely like Tactics Ogre?

Event 1: A or B?

Event 2A: C or D?

Event 2B: E or F?

This is simplifying it.

IANAH, but from my understanding, we can change battle conditions, we can change character dialogue based on choices (Algus at Zeakden), we can change the order in which battles occur, but we can't create if/thens regarding the next battle, in either setup or placement.

What we can do is rig up several different scenarios (exactly to the tune of TO), and create several minipatches in a choose your own adventure style.  For example, chapter 1 will be the same.  You make a choice at the end of chapter 1, and then have two possible chapter 2's.  You make them seperately, attack.out and script and entd and all, and the player then grabs the correlating patch.  Then you get another choice, and so forth.  It'll play out just like TO, but would certainly be less automated.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Xifanie

October 27, 2009, 10:12:24 am #370 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Quote from: "philsov"IANAH, but from my understanding, we can change battle conditions, we can change character dialogue based on choices (Algus at Zeakden), we can change the order in which battles occur, but we can't create if/thens regarding the next battle, in either setup or placement.
the placement woudl require another event. but for the setup yes but we have to keep in mind that the ENTD only stores 16 units. The spritesheet limit won't matter until the sprites are actually drawn. that means you can use a certain amount of the 16 units in whatever way you wish.

But I'm not 100% sure about the 16 units parts. I don't know how exactly the unit loading works so we may be limtied to 11-16 units depending on the situation.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

philsov

October 27, 2009, 10:25:20 am #371 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Quotethe placement woudl require another event.

Can we make it go to say, Mandalia Plains or Sweegy Woods, based off a choice in Gariland?
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Xifanie

October 27, 2009, 11:02:05 am #372 Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 11:44:51 am by Xifanie
Yeah of course. It works the same way as subquests does. You can split into as many paths as you want and then end up at the same point.
Haven't you checked the World Map Conditionals? I made a spreadsheet for that.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Cheetah

October 27, 2009, 11:15:10 am #373 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Quote from: "philsov"
Quotethe placement woudl require another event.

Can we make it go to say, Mandalia Plains or Sweegy Woods, based off a choice in Gariland?

I know that you can do this with event instrucitons, and I'm nearly certain it can be done with World Map instructions as well. So I'm pretty sure what Death was asking about can be done. It was the primary bases of my patch idea that I mentioned a page or so ago.
Current Projects:

Pickle Girl Fanboy

October 29, 2009, 02:18:43 pm #374 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Pickle Girl Fanboy
Permutations and combonations, that's what I'm thinking of.  If I remember right, a permutation is like every possible outcome of a decision, and a combonation is a permutation with the repeats cut out.  Isn't there some kind of formula to determine the number of possible outcomes of say, four consecutive coin tosses?  And another formula to get the total number of unique outcomes?

This is relevant for the kind of game I want to make.  Multiple Paths.  Now, the question is, will there be multiple paths to reach each possible ending, or will the game only allow unique paths?  Will the game be a permutation tree or a combonation tree, plot-wise?

I'm pretty sure none of what I'm babbling about is possible unless the game can be expanded, right?

Back on my crazy idea-train.  The very idea of permutation and combonation is relevant to storytelling because every story is, in its infancy, every possible path.  The great weakness of every form of media prior to video games is that it could only tell a single story.

A book cannot tell what would happen if every possible path was explored; there is not enough paper in the world.  Neither can a movie, a song, a dance, a painting, or a poem.  (and what is a story but a poem told with events rather than words?)

But a video game can.

Imagine a hack that could tell ALL the stories.  Something you could play every day of your life until you die and experience something new every time; life in miniature; life reflected to infinity in a pair of mirrors, no two alike.

LastingDawn

October 29, 2009, 04:05:42 pm #375 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Well... it's a very lofty dream... but FFT does have more than enough events to have quite a few branching paths.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Dome

October 29, 2009, 09:20:23 pm #376 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Random idea I had just now (Don't worry, I dont want to start another patch with it, but someone could find this useful)
FFTA has one thing that FFT doesn't: the Defense and magic defense stat
We can recreate them in FFT too, but we must sacrifice some shitty ability
Let me explain:
Take the shitty ability that almost no-one use (Move on lava, any ground, Jump+1 +2 +3, catch, gilgame heart, and so on...)
Let's change them into:
Defense up 1 (Reduce physical damage by 5%)
Defense up 2 (Reduce physical damage by 10%)
Defense up 3 (Reduce physical damage by 15%)
Defense up 4 (Reduce physical damage by 20%)
Defense up 5 (Reduce physical damage by 25%)
Now, remove this ability from every job, so that the player cannot learn them, and give them as innate to every class
For example, a Knight should have defense up 4 innate, because he can usually endure lot of damage, a priest/chemist should have defense up 2 or 1, and so on...
You can also do this with magic defense up, in this way you will effectively create the "defense" stat and "magic defense" stat, making it a number that changes from 1 to 5
You can also create different tiers of attack up, so you can also create an "Attack" and "Magic attack" stat
What do you think of this idea?

SolidSnakeDog

October 29, 2009, 10:56:39 pm #377 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
This is  very interesting. But this is imposible right now to have more that a single kind of *Defense UP* or Attack Up at a time.
Correct me if i'm worng...(Unless you do a ASM hack for it...)
But losing 20 support slots?...not sure if i like the trade off.

Archael

October 30, 2009, 12:39:48 am #378 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
it'd be kinda the same as having the jobs with different HP Multipliers (which they do currently)

DEFENSE UP + MDEFUP is just effectively X% more Max HP depending on how much HP you have, that's basically it (I'm not going to get into EHP calculations + damage reduction for brevity's sake), with varying levels of effectiveness over the actual HP stat depending on how much HP you have

example

Knight has 200% HP
Priest has 120% HP
Squire has 100% HP

etc

SilvasRuin

November 17, 2009, 04:31:48 pm #379 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
I had an idea that is likely well beyond my ability, but some people might be interested in it.  A patch based on games like Front Mission.
All graphics would have to be changed to mechs, which is perhaps the most daunting part of it.

Stats:
--PA and MA would become Generator/Power Output and Aim, not necessarily in that order.
--HP would remain the same and depend heavily on the armor equipped.
--MP would become ammo.  All jobs will have 0 MP by default, so ammo will have to come from equipped ammo packs.
--Movement and Jump would mostly depend on the armor type equipped.
--Speed will be very low and come from equipment.

Equipment:
--All equipment will give Speed.  The heavier the item is supposed to be, the less speed it will give.
--Weapons would all have to be renewable in some fashion, so they would all be 1-2 range melee or weapons that use a generator and not ammo.
--Shields would be specialized in guarding against non-physical attacks like beam weaponry.
--Mantles would be placed in the Shield slot as well and would specialize in guarding against physical weaponry, essentially being armored plating.
--Helms will become large ammo packs and give high amounts of MP/Ammo but will give less speed than "Hats."
--Hats will become small ammo packs and give a moderate amount of MP/Ammo but will give more speed than helms.
--Armor will become heavy frames and give high HP but low speed and movement.
--Clothing will become light frames and give moderate HP, speed, and movement.
--Robes will become hover frames and give low HP but high speed and moderate movement.  They will have innate Float.
--Accessories other than Mantles will become various modifications with effects categorized by accessory type.

Jobs:
--Stat modifiers will be fairly identical except for PA and MA, and small differences in HP and movement.
--Multipliers will be small to allow for greater significance in equipment.
--Growths will be very small, coming into effect maybe every ten levels to allow for a pilot growing more skilled in certain areas.  That or there will be a very low enforced level cap and exp will be gained very slowly.
--Most differences in jobs will come from the types of equipment they can have.  Since there are two different types for "Shields" and "Hats" and three types for "Armor," diversity can be achieved through creative themes in what can be equipped.

Abilities:
--Each job will have all its action abilities based around a single weapon and multiple ways to use it, such as using a Flamethrower for a wide spray, a focused jet, or something in-between.
--Abilities that use up MP/Ammo will be stronger, useful for quick bursts of damage, and the amount of MP/Ammo used will scale to power.  (The scale will grow more inefficient as power rises to make sure the lower ammo weapons/abilities remain viable.)  Charge times will be rare for all weapons but the most long-range.  (This will be for aiming.)
--Abilities that don't use MP/Ammo will be considered energy weapons that utilize a generator.  Charge times will be common if not mandatory to make up for infinite ammo.  They will also be weaker than other abilities due to having infinite ammo.
--Healing will be rare but not nonexistent.  All healing WILL use ammo as you can't repair something that is mechanical without using something up.  Innate Regen will be a unique exception due to inability to make it cost ammo.
--Items will become mostly ammo refills and light repairs.

Elements:
--Fire, Thunder, and Ice would be used for "nonphysical" weaponry.
----Fire would be given to explosive weapons.  Explosions would be dampened in stormy weather.
----Thunder would be given to electrical weapons.  Most (not all) electrical weapons would be based around interfering with enemy systems, sensors, and EMPs.  Plasma weaponry would also fall under this.
----Ice would be given to heat-based weapons such as napalm, flamethrowers, lasers, etc.  The reason for this is that going from very cold to very hot can be very damaging to metal, so this setup works well for blizzards.
--Water, Wind, and Earth would be used for "physical" weaponry as it is not affected by weather.  Which is which doesn't matter much.
----Piercing weaponry would mostly be in the form of ammo-using abilities such as sniper rifles and would be effective against heavy frames.
----Bladed weaponry would mostly be in the form of melee weapons and would be most effective against light frames.
----Blunt weaponry would mostly be in the form of melee weapons (and maybe cannonballs) and would be most effective against fragile flight frames.
--Holy and Dark currently have no concepts or roles to fill.  Nanotech and virus/hacking maybe?

And to provide an example of what kind of stuff could be done with it:
Concept:  Experimental chassis with a network of nanobots running throughout it.
Base stats notes:  Very low base HP.  Moderate stats overall.  Innate Regen from the nanobots.
Frames:  Light only.
Ammo:  Small only.
Shielding:  Energy focused.
Secondary weapons:  Nothing (bare fists)
Primary weapons (abilities):  Self-repair and augmentation.
Summary:  As far as stats go, it should be a mediocre model at best.  Where it should shine is longevity due to the nanobots.  It is likely to need some backup in the form of ammo refills to make sure it can continue to use its self-support abilities.  Energy weapons would be best for it so as to save it for the augments.  It is intended to be a one-of-a-kind experimental model.

I doubt any person could do this alone.  Considering Mercenaries and the other projects going on, I doubt this will be touched for a while, even if it is liked, but it's an idea I find intriguing and I figured I'd put it out there.