• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:21:57 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Tethical Sprites

Started by Lijj, July 16, 2011, 08:54:13 pm

GeneralStrife

I really like that male and the female caster lijj.
Great job.

Lijj

Thanks a lot General Strife.
The caster will be interesting in different palettes, I'm thinking black will look pretty neat. But it'll take me some time to get there... these are so much work.
I may get the back view walking frames done tonight for the male fighter.
  • Modding version: PSX

GeneralStrife

can these be reduced in size to fft sprites?

Lijj

Naa~  They would look odd. since the faces have changed and since the arms are attached you might place the frames over a monster sheet. I wouldn't recommend it though. Also they're almost twice the color.

Lijj

August 07, 2011, 05:48:03 pm #24 Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 05:49:36 pm by Lijj
I need to fix the cape in the front to match the motion and length of the back; and I need to add the blue to the boots in the back view..
but for now(since there hasn't been an update in awhile):

Kagebunji

Yes, what you mentioned. I must say I am really amazed by the quality of those sprites. Good job Lijj.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Cheetah

You should also maybe give him brown or black gloves, all that red on his arms is too much.
Current Projects:

RandMuadDib

personally i prefer the cape motion of the front view.
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Lijj

Yeah I agree with you RandMaudDib but it was hell trying to get it to look right.. I'll try. But if I start going ad over I'll edit the front cause I know that'll be easy.

Cheetah Good cal, I will fix it. I have the clownish looking version with all the colors separated so that will be no problem to do.

And Kage thank you for the support! (it really keeps me going to get feedback)
This has been a long and lonely road so far.

Lijj

August 24, 2011, 09:27:10 pm #29 Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 09:27:47 pm by Lijj
Ahoy. This should have been updated a few days ago.
I won't be keeping the red gloves but wanted to preview this one with palette No.1 instead. I went with Rand's suggestion on the movement of the cape matching the front as well:

Kagebunji

Very nice, as always, Lijj! How far are you with this guy?

Tyler

It's a shame you don't get more recognition for these sprites. They're beautifully done! Keep up the amazing work Lijj.
  • Discord username: tylerf#3233

Kivutar

* Kivutar likes the palette!
Tethical, an online FFT clone

RandMuadDib

I don't think i've seen the foot one in game. what's it used for?

Kagebunji

Movement abilities, heh.

alanai

They are looking good, WHEN I get the sprite base done/some one finishes it, I will start making the Tethically formatted Theif for you Lijj, I hope it lives up to your standard.

RandMuadDib

alanai

Comment made by 667th commenter: OMG WHATS GOING ON! its teh apocolypse.