• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:40:43 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Moved: Editing UNIT.BIN

Started by Lydyn, April 15, 2008, 05:39:11 pm

VincentCraven

May 20, 2008, 03:33:11 pm #60 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Zozma, which classes did you replace for Jenna and the Mystic Knight?  I can't seem to figure out what list this arrangement corresponds to.

Also, do Celia and Lede have menu sprites or is the replacement for them only useful for enemy-only classes?
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Zozma

May 20, 2008, 06:21:49 pm #61 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
when i imput Jenna and Misty into the game i did not have plans for what i would do about their unit.bin sprites...

for misty i replaced H85 (enemy meliadoul)
for jenna i replaced Rafa (guest rafa)

in the unit.bin i put their sprites over two unused priest sprites in the top row... but as of yet i have no way of assigning that unit sprite number to those new sprites.... and unfortunately rafa and melidaouls other sprites share the same unit sprite in game...

theres another place u can use tho... the version of alma that in menu has a priest sprite... that Type 2 srite should work for jenna.... but then theres the matter of changing portraits..

as for celia and lede... if we can find a way to change the unit sprite assigned to their battle sprite, to the dancer and then assign special color palettes for them, then they will be perfect.... could proably do it now iwth a hex editor but i dont know the values to do that.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Sen

May 20, 2008, 07:14:28 pm #62 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Sen
Have you seen PSP unit.bin?

theres no Balthier,Luso,DarkKnight and OnionKnight there.

but they can still be viewed in the formation screen.

gojoe

May 20, 2008, 07:41:06 pm #63 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by gojoe
that plauges me too... and when i inserted my sprie into the unit.bin over the third ramza and changed only the third pallette to match it goofed a few other sprites in the formation screen AND it also altered the load formation text colors as well...... i really want to figure out how to do this AND WHERE THE F%$& ARE THE NEW SPRITES HIDING FOR THE FORMATION SCREEN!!!...... wait!... hmmm i need a minute to try something

EDIT: ok so the high hopes failed :( i thought that maybe the new sprites in the formation screen might have used their sprite from the battle sprite sheet
I never learn from my mistakes.

Zozma

May 20, 2008, 08:35:38 pm #64 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
it would be nice if someone could just script the game to do that.... load that image directly out of the battle folder... but thats just  wishful thinking, im sure someday when there arent any higher priorities they will help us fix this.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

gojoe

May 21, 2008, 10:52:43 pm #65 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by gojoe
since we're on this subject, wouldn't it be a nice touch to add cloud's buster sword on his back since it's separate from the battle sprite?
I never learn from my mistakes.